Ur-Dragon Generation 187

#31KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 3:29:45 PM
Wings, back hearts and the DREADED CANKLES... there's always a lot of moaning about those. :D
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#32bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 3:35:05 PM
It occurred to me that I should be using the search feature instead of junking up this thread with unrelated questions.

Having said that - Karathrax, would you mind directing me to the thread where you discuss sorcerer spells and MKs? I have found enough related threads to know that it exists, but I can't find the posts where you actually discuss the spells.
#33Zague77(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:57:26 PM
Calling it a night now. In my last round he landed with a fraction over 10

ComatoseSleeper posted...
Zague77 posted...
Still 10.7

Strange considering I gave him "The Finger" 30 minutes ago.

Yeah. He has a habit of shaking off damage. Probably whatever damage that one finger did got shared out among all the versions of Ur when the servers next synched.
---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#34KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 4:03:36 PM
Check your PMs.

That hasn't specifically come up yet! :D And to top that all off, last night when I was doing rounds on the online, I was getting charged and run over quite a lot (I fight up close and personal to the Ur, not from a distance). Each time he charged, the momentum set off my cannons-- as did the wind from his wings. Since I was FMS-ing through this to avoid being knocked down, my cannons exploded with a burst of additional bolts. So it's not JUST swinging my weapon and pawn input (e.g., firing a bow into it or spells targeting them) that can fire cannons.

Things that fire Kairon's cannons and make Karathrax grin evilly:

--The Ur's wing flapping attack
--Ruinous Sigil(s) and enemy proximity thereto
--A Ranger shooting into the Cannon (this happens when I am casting a new cannon sigil)
--High Bolide (direct hits on the cannon)
--High Maelstrom (within its field)
--High Fulmination (within the sorcerers' fields AND proximity to Ruinous Sigil adds more bolts)
--The Ur's Holy Furor when blocked or Riposted, but FMS gets even more bolts fired

All of these things set them off, but if you're whaling away with FMS, you get even more bolts, and when they ricochet off of multiple Great Cannons? You know you're doing MK right when the console slows down.

I look for those three spells and High Gicel, I like High Ingle for the Sorcerer's personal defense-- and Holy Affinity. I would love to have High Seism in there, too, as it's a Holy element spell, but I have yet to see any pawn actually cast it.
---
#35Jeyris95Posted 1/28/2013 4:30:52 PM
Does magick archer's Grand Scension deal any damage to ur? decent damage?
---
GT: Jeyris
#36builder111Posted 1/28/2013 4:56:05 PM
bombsonyourmoms posted...
It occurred to me that I should be using the search feature instead of junking up this thread with unrelated questions.

Some of the most interesting talk can go on in these threads
---
caps
#37KarathraxPosted 1/28/2013 5:13:24 PM
builder111 posted...
Some of the most interesting talk can go on in these threads

I think if one wanted a thorough education in MK, reading the Online Ur topics from about 72? onward might be useful, because that's usually when it came up. Every once in a rare while- twice?, a couple of the more senior MKs would coach someone while rounds and then the kill happened. There are also two to three really intense strat discussions I recall offhand, but I'd have to really go hunting for them.

Of course, then you have to READ the Online Ur topics from 72 onwards... ::snore:: The biggest coaching session happened right near The Gen That Shall Remain Nameless.
---
#38builder111Posted 1/28/2013 5:37:20 PM
It can be no coincidence that 72 was my first kill
---
caps
#39bombsonyourmomsPosted 1/28/2013 6:18:28 PM

It looks like both hearts on his head are gone.
#40NAMEPosted 1/28/2013 6:46:19 PM
10.55 When's your next video Kara? :)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.