Ur-Dragon Generation 188

#51mmasters36Posted 1/31/2013 11:21:37 AM
I remember it was like 1.7 for six hours-I got home like 1 am after stopping at 6pm and got the kill-I was sure I would miss it
---
GTs:--baseballkidd99--Dragonkin777--Sorcerersword
you can achieve what your mind can conceive
#52Zague77Posted 1/31/2013 11:22:40 AM
---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#53builder111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:16:27 PM
Karathrax posted...

DamienTheEvil1 posted...

Zague77 posted...

...Lately, most of them have been plummeting fast, though. The only exception being "the gen that shall not be named."

You mean 79? :p

Night all.

Hush, you.

*casts high silentium on Damien*
*readies brontide whip for insurance*
*laughs because phone's auto-correct thinks "brontide" should be "brown tide" or "brontosaurus"*
---
caps
#54robert43sPosted 1/31/2013 12:32:29 PM
Ah, yes my mistake. 75 was the one that Karathrax missed the kill, 79 was the one where she fought it for over 14 hours and got the kill. I think she missed 76, 77 and 78. I do not know which was named "the gen that shall remain nameless".

Karathrax posted...
robert43s posted...
Karathrax posted...
Woo hoo! A St. George mask!

Congrats, you finally got that third kill then.

I did, though I did it as assassin, not MK.

Hadn't made a kill since Gen 61. How soon one forgets the ordeal...

---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720
"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"
#55KarathraxPosted 1/31/2013 12:57:40 PM
79 was satisfaction for Nameless, the missed one-- there were actually two in the 70s that I fought for many hours. Nameless was the one that held at 1.7 for six hours. It died about 10:30 pm my time, and I'd been fighting it in rounds since 8:00 a.m. that day and questioning my sanity.

That is when I started to believe my Arisen was just not any good, as I was not powerful enough to do enough damage as a Sorcerer, everyone said that you had to have a min-max Sorc build to be any good as an MK, and I certainly didn't have enough str to be a decent Assassin or Warrior. Ranger, my first kill, was miserably difficult because of not enough stamina.

Quiet angst everywhere. :D

I have since changed my mind.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#56robert43sPosted 1/31/2013 1:12:34 PM
Karathrax posted...
79 was satisfaction for Nameless, the missed one-- there were actually two in the 70s that I fought for many hours. Nameless was the one that held at 1.7 for six hours. It died about 10:30 pm my time, and I'd been fighting it in rounds since 8:00 a.m. that day and questioning my sanity.

That is when I started to believe my Arisen was just not any good, as I was not powerful enough to do enough damage as a Sorcerer, everyone said that you had to have a min-max Sorc build to be any good as an MK, and I certainly didn't have enough str to be a decent Assassin or Warrior. Ranger, my first kill, was miserably difficult because of not enough stamina.

Quiet angst everywhere. :D

I have since changed my mind.

A lot have been learnt since those early days. If only we knew about periapts then. But in a way, I glad we didn't. If we had, I suspect I would have continued as a magic archer and missed out on all the fun as a sorcerer. We have a lot to thank Asgard for, he has certainly made fighting the UR dragon easier. And your persistence as a MK with others have made that vocation extremely viable and interesting. I suspect with all the knowledge we have gain, we could make a better guide than the official one :) I may have a maxed assassin on my alt account, but like you, I prefer the challenge with my non assassin (it's even more interesting when the dragon is very active). Interestingly enough, I prefer to switch my assassin to a sorcerer, and use 4xdemon periapts to kill the offline. Need a total of eight and it dies before the holy buff wears off.
---
#57Zague77Posted 1/31/2013 1:15:47 PM
The Gen That Shall Not Be Named is definitely 80 minus 1, as far as I'm concerned. 282 posts in that topic! One of them this one, that I remember like yesterday:

Zague77 posted...
Heh. I'm so tired I can barely see anything anymore, so my 0.6 could have been anything from a 0.1 to a 10.9... In fact, I think I might have been beating up on Pablos the last few hours <.<

---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#58robert43sPosted 1/31/2013 1:19:07 PM
---
#59mmasters36Posted 1/31/2013 1:36:52 PM(edited)
mmasters36
Posted 10/14/2012 7:29:21 AM

Zague77 posted...

mmasters36 posted...
Just got number 5 and all i need is the Apollo-maybe somone will trade with me tomoorrow-I have now 2 St Goerge and 2 Beowulf-1-siegfried which i will keep for now-see y'all tomorrow

Check your PMs. I have an Apollo with your name on it :)

Thanks Zague-went to sleep before i could reply -3:00am my time for the kill!!

1/31/2013: Definitely 80-1 and I just gifted my first DF"d Apollo to someone else-a lot changes in three months
---
GTs:--baseballkidd99--Dragonkin777--Sorcerersword
you can achieve what your mind can conceive
#60DamienTheEvil1Posted 1/31/2013 1:30:15 PM(edited)
79 was the epic troll who decided he'd start trolling everyone's at 2 something for about 4 or 5 hours and then sat at the 1.7 range for about 9 hours. Then he was bouncing back and fourth for a few hours before Fred finally ended him around 11 pm (pacific time). I would have to look at the topic for a more accurate time frame.
---
Gamertags - Damien DaEvil 1, Legacy of Havoc & Extreme Havoc