Ur-Dragon Generation 188

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Ur-Dragon Generation 188

User Info: mmasters36

mmasters36
3 years ago#51
I remember it was like 1.7 for six hours-I got home like 1 am after stopping at 6pm and got the kill-I was sure I would miss it
GTs:--baseballkidd99--Dragonkin777--Sorcerersword
you can achieve what your mind can conceive

User Info: Zague77

Zague77
3 years ago#52
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

User Info: builder111

builder111
3 years ago#53
Karathrax posted...

DamienTheEvil1 posted...

Zague77 posted...

...Lately, most of them have been plummeting fast, though. The only exception being "the gen that shall not be named."

You mean 79? :p

Night all.

Hush, you.

*casts high silentium on Damien*
*readies brontide whip for insurance*
*laughs because phone's auto-correct thinks "brontide" should be "brown tide" or "brontosaurus"*
caps

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
3 years ago#54
Ah, yes my mistake. 75 was the one that Karathrax missed the kill, 79 was the one where she fought it for over 14 hours and got the kill. I think she missed 76, 77 and 78. I do not know which was named "the gen that shall remain nameless".

Karathrax posted...
robert43s posted...
Karathrax posted...
Woo hoo! A St. George mask!

Congrats, you finally got that third kill then.

I did, though I did it as assassin, not MK.

Hadn't made a kill since Gen 61. How soon one forgets the ordeal...
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720
"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"

User Info: Karathrax

Karathrax
3 years ago#55
79 was satisfaction for Nameless, the missed one-- there were actually two in the 70s that I fought for many hours. Nameless was the one that held at 1.7 for six hours. It died about 10:30 pm my time, and I'd been fighting it in rounds since 8:00 a.m. that day and questioning my sanity.

That is when I started to believe my Arisen was just not any good, as I was not powerful enough to do enough damage as a Sorcerer, everyone said that you had to have a min-max Sorc build to be any good as an MK, and I certainly didn't have enough str to be a decent Assassin or Warrior. Ranger, my first kill, was miserably difficult because of not enough stamina.

Quiet angst everywhere. :D

I have since changed my mind.
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax

robert43s
3 years ago#56
Karathrax posted...
79 was satisfaction for Nameless, the missed one-- there were actually two in the 70s that I fought for many hours. Nameless was the one that held at 1.7 for six hours. It died about 10:30 pm my time, and I'd been fighting it in rounds since 8:00 a.m. that day and questioning my sanity.

That is when I started to believe my Arisen was just not any good, as I was not powerful enough to do enough damage as a Sorcerer, everyone said that you had to have a min-max Sorc build to be any good as an MK, and I certainly didn't have enough str to be a decent Assassin or Warrior. Ranger, my first kill, was miserably difficult because of not enough stamina.

Quiet angst everywhere. :D

I have since changed my mind.

A lot have been learnt since those early days. If only we knew about periapts then. But in a way, I glad we didn't. If we had, I suspect I would have continued as a magic archer and missed out on all the fun as a sorcerer. We have a lot to thank Asgard for, he has certainly made fighting the UR dragon easier. And your persistence as a MK with others have made that vocation extremely viable and interesting. I suspect with all the knowledge we have gain, we could make a better guide than the official one :) I may have a maxed assassin on my alt account, but like you, I prefer the challenge with my non assassin (it's even more interesting when the dragon is very active). Interestingly enough, I prefer to switch my assassin to a sorcerer, and use 4xdemon periapts to kill the offline. Need a total of eight and it dies before the holy buff wears off.

User Info: Zague77

Zague77
3 years ago#57
The Gen That Shall Not Be Named is definitely 80 minus 1, as far as I'm concerned. 282 posts in that topic! One of them this one, that I remember like yesterday:

Zague77 posted...
Heh. I'm so tired I can barely see anything anymore, so my 0.6 could have been anything from a 0.1 to a 10.9... In fact, I think I might have been beating up on Pablos the last few hours <.<
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

robert43s
3 years ago#58

User Info: mmasters36

mmasters36
3 years ago#59
mmasters36
Posted 10/14/2012 7:29:21 AM

Zague77 posted...

mmasters36 posted...
Just got number 5 and all i need is the Apollo-maybe somone will trade with me tomoorrow-I have now 2 St Goerge and 2 Beowulf-1-siegfried which i will keep for now-see y'all tomorrow

Check your PMs. I have an Apollo with your name on it :)

Thanks Zague-went to sleep before i could reply -3:00am my time for the kill!!

1/31/2013: Definitely 80-1 and I just gifted my first DF"d Apollo to someone else-a lot changes in three months
GTs:--baseballkidd99--Dragonkin777--Sorcerersword
you can achieve what your mind can conceive

User Info: DamienTheEvil1

DamienTheEvil1
3 years ago#60
79 was the epic troll who decided he'd start trolling everyone's at 2 something for about 4 or 5 hours and then sat at the 1.7 range for about 9 hours. Then he was bouncing back and fourth for a few hours before Fred finally ended him around 11 pm (pacific time). I would have to look at the topic for a more accurate time frame.
Gamertags - Damien DaEvil 1, Legacy of Havoc & Extreme Havoc
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Ur-Dragon Generation 188

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived