Running low on RC, Can a few people rent my Lvl 167 pawn?

#11DrNick2008Posted 2/5/2013 12:37:48 AM(edited)
Ninjiz posted...
Thanks guys!

Well the Ranger Pawn rarely EVER use 10 fold it seems :-\

The ranger pawns I typically hire (I have a small group that I select from for general questing or Ur hunting... including Karathrax's Draken) definitely use 10-fold flurry. If your pawn doesn't use it, it is because his inclinations and questing experience have not shown him it's effective. This is correctable.... start hiring other ranger pawns to quest with and he will start to see its effectiveness from them and start using it himself.

It's up to you. I'm just offering advice to make your ranger pawn more popular to rent. I'm probably not the only one who thinks 10-fold flurry is an absolute requirement for a ranger pawn.

EDIT: I've hired some very effective pawns who had no daggers equipped and had 10-fold flurry as their only bow skill. You could try this as well to teach him the value of that skill if you're interested. :)
---
Gumbercules? I love that guy.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#12KarathraxPosted 2/5/2013 12:18:36 AM
Life can be so dull without some imagination.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#13clyde_ghostPosted 2/5/2013 12:40:09 AM
fearful din is a hawt skill too imo.
---
GT - Vanuber & Stylish Lynx
PSN - Stylish_Lynx
#14KarathraxPosted 2/5/2013 1:22:42 AM(edited)
Ninjiz posted...

Well the Ranger Pawn rarely EVER use 10 fold it seems :-\
So i put something else i know it uses more often....

I had that problem for a while, then played a couple hundred hours as Assassin, and that cured my pawn of any reluctance to use his bow. The PS3 people say that one's pawn learns by example and that playing as the same vocation as one's pawn is the most effective way to train the AI to behave as you do. Maybe equipping only Tenfold Flurry for a training session might be beneficial...

However, there was some thing I noticed right away about Bear, and that is his frequent need for stamina refreshment. Great Gamble is a stamina-charged ability, and--generally speaking-- a pawn AI does not have the discretion to use a charged skill appropriately. He drew down on the offline Ur, no problem, but drew down far too often in pitched battle, leaving him exposed and helpless. I would suggest loading that on him only in the event you want something special like a near-killing shot on Grigori; on my second playthrough my pawn nailed Grigori dead on with Great Gamble early in the arena part of the fight, leaving me to the actual kill with one little seeking bolt from my staff. That turned out great in that specific situation, but, lacking the discretion of the Arisen, charged skills are better on an Arisen Ranger than a pawn Ranger.
---
#15Ninjiz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:34:27 AM
Is he still helpless when i put that augment on him that keeps your footing when you run out of stamina?
---
How can you call yourself Elite when you are really a Sheep too busy evoking other players names and showing no signs of original thoughts
#16DrNick2008Posted 2/5/2013 11:48:52 AM
Ninjiz posted...
Is he still helpless when i put that augment on him that keeps your footing when you run out of stamina?

Unfortunately, yeah he would be. He would just be a bit more mobile. He'd still have no stamina, and would have to recover it to be battle-effective again.

I agree with KT... with skills that require charging, pawns don't usually know how or when to use them. The exception being pawn magic users as all their skills require charging. With warrior and ranger pawns that have skills that require charging, it is unfortunate that most of the time they just don't use those skills correctly.
---
Gumbercules? I love that guy.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#17meralonnePosted 2/5/2013 11:53:11 AM
DrNick2008 posted...
Karathrax posted...
Wow, Nick, I was envisioning The Refrigerator with a fluffy pink ribbon...

Um... I think you are the first person in the history of the world who's ever thought of "The Fridge" wearing only a fluffy pink ribbon.

This may be the first thread I've ever seen at GFAQs where you could find three people who actually know who "The Fridge" is. 0_0
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#18KarathraxPosted 2/5/2013 11:56:52 AM
I'll have to check him again tonight for specific details; I can switch to Assassin, go Invisible and specifically watch Bear as he fights. I do this sometimes to critically observe my own pawn in action-- it's a useful tool for fine-tuning pawn performance.
---
#19Ninjiz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:59:32 AM
Ok, ill change some of his skills now.

Any feedback woudl be appreciated :D
---
How can you call yourself Elite when you are really a Sheep too busy evoking other players names and showing no signs of original thoughts
#20pearlfxPosted 2/5/2013 12:01:37 PM
I took Bear with me on a few rounds against the offline Ur hopefully to get you some decent RC. Many times when he ran out of stamina, which was often, and he had plenty of large mushrooms in his inventory, he couldn't move and was just huffing/puffing. He went through 30 large mushrooms in about 3 minutes. I'm not criticizing, just trying to let you know how he did.

He went through large mushrooms, 2-3, just fighting goblins outside of Cassardis. If you can remedy this problem, I would have no problem hiring Bear.

So, in these instances the augment did not help.
---
GT: La Pearlafx PSN: La-Pearlafx
Currently playing Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch and Dragon's Dogma