ur dragon help

#11DrNick2008Posted 2/4/2013 12:05:16 PM(edited)
I don't fight the online as an assassin, but post your unenhanced str and mag stats (the numbers in the parentheses) and the assassin gurus can give you their opinions. Also send what weapons/armor you're using and their enhancements status.

Also, what is your strategy? Solo? Night? What augments do you have on your Ur runs? ...what skills equipped? Are you using 4x periapt trick?

The Assassin gurus (by report) can often get 0.25-0.3 health bar damage in a round, I seem to recall reading. There is a max damage cap on the online Ur, so the min/max'd assassins often have to do shorter rounds or use only 3x periapts so that they don't exceed that damage cap. Unless you post your info, there's no way for anyone to give you good info on whether you should see "visible" damage on the online Ur.

As was said above, the offline Ur has only 1.5 million HPs (and is easily killable -- heck, I can kill him in 2 mins). The online Ur (by some recent calculations) has been estimated to have around 3-6 BILLION HPs. So... yes, the online has lots more health than the offline. Most folks (like myself) see little movement in the health bar -- if I'm lucky and everything goes right, I can maybe do 0.05 damage as a "fun-build" MK, though I usually only get like 0.02-0.03.
---
Gumbercules? I love that guy.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#12KarathraxPosted 2/4/2013 1:36:19 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
The Assassin gurus (by report) can often get 0.25-0.3 health bar damage in a round, I seem to recall reading. There is a max damage cap on the online Ur, so the min/max'd assassins often have to do shorter rounds or use only 3x periapts so that they don't exceed that damage cap. Unless you post your info, there's no way for anyone to give you good info on whether you should see "visible" damage on the online Ur.

I get around .20 to .25. Any more than that, and I'm going to be automatically concerned with the damage cap and the wasted round therefor.

As was said above, the offline Ur has only 1.5 million HPs (and is easily killable -- heck, I can kill him in 2 mins). The online Ur (by some recent calculations) has been estimated to have around 3-6 BILLION HPs. So... yes, the online has lots more health than the offline. Most folks (like myself) see little movement in the health bar -- if I'm lucky and everything goes right, I can maybe do 0.05 damage as a "fun-build" MK, though I usually only get like 0.02-0.03.

It is a helluva lot more fun--more varied gameplay-- as an MK than my Assassin alt. I've gotten .20 once as an MK. Exactly once. The gameplay for the MK vocation is simply not as reliably efficient at delivering consistently high levels of damage during rounds compared to Assassin or Sorcerer. But there's a common assumption that MK is not capable of high amounts of damage-- that is factually incorrect.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#13robert43sPosted 2/4/2013 2:11:38 PM
bombsonyourmoms posted...

I read another post that said that equanimity doesn't actually provide any more magic than attunement. I can't confirm that, but if it's true, he'd be better off just going with attunement.

Equanimity is 1.2 (20%), same as acuity. Attunement is 1.1 (10%).
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720
"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"
#14DrNick2008Posted 2/4/2013 2:50:12 PM(edited)
robert43s posted...
Equanimity is 1.2 (20%), same as acuity. Attunement is 1.1 (10%).

Yeah, but who can see with all that red on the screen? Lol :D
---
#15DatDarkOnePosted 2/5/2013 4:01:12 AM
There's damage cap!?! I didn't know that. This means I could have been wasting all my efforts when fighting the online UR.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
GT: DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita Alt: CujoGojiro Pawn: Cujo
#16Zague77Posted 2/5/2013 4:11:24 AM
DatDarkOne posted...
There's damage cap!?! I didn't know that. This means I could have been wasting all my efforts when fighting the online UR.

As long as you always get the "Accessing Server" message at the end of the round, you're ok :)
---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#17DrNick2008Posted 2/5/2013 8:12:57 AM
DatDarkOne posted...

Yeah, I think the only players that risk exceeding the damage cap are the min/max'd assassins that are at or closely approaching lvl 200 and using a full 4x periapt boost. If you're playing a min/max'd assassin, I'd continue with the full 4x periapts until the first time you don't see the "Accessing Server" message. Once at that point, you probably hit the cap and should switch to 3x periapts for your rounds.
---