Can someone clarify this?

#11Zague77Posted 2/5/2013 3:21:45 AM
Not sure if you still need help on this, but the way I read it is:

The left column lists drops you can get when you kill the archydra, however you kill it. The next column lists drops you can get when you actually chop off a head. There are plenty of times I've been able to collect scales and lifebloods from fallen heads while the battle is still going on.
---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#12CRK44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:27:34 AM
Zague77 posted...
Not sure if you still need help on this, but the way I read it is:

The left column lists drops you can get when you kill the archydra, however you kill it. The next column lists drops you can get when you actually chop off a head. There are plenty of times I've been able to collect scales and lifebloods from fallen heads while the battle is still going on.

That's how I'm starting to read it too. It also makes sense because I already have a couple scales! :D
---
Level ~61 Ranger (Challenger/Mitigator)
GT: C IR IK B3AST (those are capital i's)
#13TheRicFactorPosted 2/5/2013 4:59:02 AM
The head/neck kill is when you have eliminated ALL HEADS and prevented them from growing back at all through the use of fire spells. When all the heads are gone the archydra takes massive damage but it regenerates quickly.
---
XBL / PSN: TheRicFactor
#14DrNick2008Posted 2/5/2013 8:04:55 AM
CRK44 posted...
High Exequy eh? About how long did that actually take, and how did you manage to pull it off? Haha

It was a while ago, but I seem to recall it being difficult. He would interrupt my spell with his mobility and head attacks and I would have to relocate -- I had a couple of good striders and my sorcerer pawn with me trying to keep him away from me. But, I got him eventually. :)

High exequy is great for pure magic parties. I've used it on both rock and metal golems and on the hydra and archhydra. :)
---
Gumbercules? I love that guy.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#15meralonnePosted 2/5/2013 9:22:49 AM
DrNick2008 posted...
High exequy is great for pure magic parties.

I'd even go so far as to say that it's a "must" for your Arisen. Trying to kill golems without it is tedious beyond words. ;)
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#16KarathraxPosted 2/5/2013 9:39:20 AM
The first time I ran across a Golem as a fledgling Sorcerer, none of the spells I had made a dent in it. I ended up unequipping my staff and punching it out with my tiny fists of girly rage.

It worked rather nicely at the time, but a Sorcerer build's stamina isn't really up to that kind of thing on a regular basis.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax