What is the Best Sorcerer build?

#11KarathraxPosted 2/8/2013 9:38:03 AM
I should add, though, while leveling up to 200 and playing through the campaign as a min/max Assassin, my sorcerer pawn was an excellent compliment to my abilities as the only thing an Assassin cannot handle without some inconvenience are the purely magick-based entities like Phantoms, Spectres and Phantasms. She would give me the appropriate buff for my bow (otherwise useless against them) and/or nail them with her own High Ingle.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#12meralonnePosted 2/8/2013 9:43:33 AM
bombsonyourmoms posted...
After spending some time pouring over stat growth tables, I wouldn't make a 'pure' sorcerer.

I agree with this. I've made three Sorcerer pawn builds and, quite frankly, Gorgoron (who is not "min-maxed") is much more effective than the others ever were. At the end of the day, it's less about the stats themselves and more about training the pawn to do the right things in a fight.*

*Of course, even the best-trained pawns will sometimes do some pretty off-the-wall **** sometimes. =D
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#13Nex_Krig(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:04:20 PM
Well I'm definitely putting time into fighter, strider, & ranger there are a few augs I want my pawn to know from those vocations but that'll most likely be after Grig so as to train against boat loads of guards *w*
---
Hunt or be hunted that's where the fun is at but hunting sheep in a panzer is just WTF | GT: Keiro713
#14DatDarkOnePosted 2/9/2013 12:29:39 PM
My Sorcerer Alita spent about 50 lvls as warrior another 10 or 20 as ranger. She's now lvl 151 sorcerer with more health and defense than my min/max build assassin. Like Gorgoron and Draken, she can cast high Brontide and Fulmination for longer times. This was totally by accident. After teaming up with other sorcerer pawns, I've noticed the advantages of them having other classes.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
GT: DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita Alt: CujoGojiro Pawn: Cujo
#15KarathraxPosted 2/9/2013 12:39:11 PM
It is possible to level discipline/vocations separately from one's xp leveling. The best place to do this is in the Noble Quarter right after fighting The Final Battle and doing Warm Welcome. I get all the vocations and augments I want at that point by fighting the guards for a few hours, but actually level in xp as the desired vocation.

One of the best augments for a Sorcerer or Mage is Ferocity from Warrior. This makes all the core skills better, so if they're using Magick Agent or Focused Bolt, they do more damage and a better job, in the case of Magick Agent, for the pawn's self-defense.
---
#16Nex_Krig(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:20:17 PM
Ferocity never thought about that one that is a genius idea thnx!
---
Hunt or be hunted that's where the fun is at but hunting sheep in a panzer is just WTF | GT: Keiro713
#17AardicusPosted 2/9/2013 3:52:06 PM
Karathrax posted...
It is possible to level discipline/vocations separately from one's xp leveling. The best place to do this is in the Noble Quarter right after fighting The Final Battle and doing Warm Welcome. I get all the vocations and augments I want at that point by fighting the guards for a few hours, but actually level in xp as the desired vocation.

One of the best augments for a Sorcerer or Mage is Ferocity from Warrior. This makes all the core skills better, so if they're using Magick Agent or Focused Bolt, they do more damage and a better job, in the case of Magick Agent, for the pawn's self-defense.

Also, I suspect that putting in a particular augment nudges, ever so slightly, the pawn's AI towards that action. In this case, Ferocity COULD mean they will use staff skills a bit more. Mine use Magic Agent and Focused Bolt regularly. Though that could be because they see my Arisen using it all the time.....
---
PSN:Aardicus
#18KarathraxPosted 2/9/2013 3:52:37 PM
These are my preferred sorcerer pawn augments-- which maximize attack power and casting speed, at the expense of personal defense:

Ferocity
Attunement
Acuity
Conservation
Emphasis
Articulacy

If your sorcerer is tiny for stamina refresh and casting speed, then substitute Stability for Conservation. My small alt sorceress does not get blown over by dragon wings.
---
#19KarathraxPosted 2/9/2013 3:56:08 PM
That video of mine, Aardicus, where I did everything WRONG as an MK I could think of? At the very end my pawn gets the kill with regular old light attack pew-pew-pew, not even Focused Bolt!

I should burn my MK card for that one. Hmph. Well, maybe this evening I'll make a better one.
---
#20AardicusPosted 2/9/2013 4:22:14 PM
Karathrax posted...
That video of mine, Aardicus, where I did everything WRONG as an MK I could think of? At the very end my pawn gets the kill with regular old light attack pew-pew-pew, not even Focused Bolt!

I should burn my MK card for that one. Hmph. Well, maybe this evening I'll make a better one.

Make sure to highlight 'Sorcerer's Ridge' at some point during your new vid. On the PS3 board someone was asking about it and I need a video reference. <grin>
---
PSN:Aardicus