Ur-Dragon Generation 193

#1robert43sPosted 2/8/2013 9:31:29 AM
Cheers to everyone that contributed last gen, congratulations to everyone that logged a kill, better luck next time to the rest.

These are all merely suggestions, not rules. Try to have an enjoyable fight rather than an efficient but boring one.

Quick General Tips
- Backup your savefile often - particularly after killing an online Ur-Dragon!
- For maximum damage output, you may want to consider making a second character that is pure strength or magic
- Purple blood = damage; brown blood = no damage, hit him somewhere else - he has 30 hearts that need to be killed
- Use Holy Element whenever possible
- Use Bloodlust and Autonomy (this means go at night, and without pawns!)
- Use any strength or magic boosting augments, including Exhilaration/Equanimity
- Use strength or magic boosting periapts (effects are 4x stackable per stat)
- Use blast arrows if you have a bow
- Bring items that replenish stamina
- Newbies should practice on the offline version; he is weaker and a good source of money
- There is currently no confirmation on his sporadic HP bars however it is confirmed that he does not heal
- Do not fret about his HP bar not moving or being higher than when you last went in, just keep hitting it
- Try to keep one of Ur's back leg or stomach hearts for last; these contain a lot of HP
- Using an excessive amount of Maker's Fingers arrows may make grace period or the next generation more difficult; use sparingly

Basic Class Strategies
Assassin
-- Assassins can use invisibility + liquid vim to remain invincible
-- Assassins can maximize damage output by using Gale Harness with either Hundred Kisses or Fivefold Flurry
-- Depending on your strength, Assassins should avoid using over 24-28 of each periapt per session
Ranger
-- Rangers should use Tenfold Flurry with as many blast arrows as they can
Sorcerer
-- Sorcerers should use Holy Affinity and the focused X attack
-- Sorcerers can use around 36 periapts per session
Mystic Knight
-- If using pawns, 3 Sorcerers are recommended. One Sorcerer may be substituted for a Ranger.

Additional strategies can be found here, as well as other useful information:
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Ur-Dragon#Tactics

Explanation of HP and HP Reports
The Ur-Dragon has an HP bar, and ten HP circles (dots, blips, nodes, etc). Each time his HP bar is reduced to zero, it will refill and use up one of his full HP circles. When the Ur-Dragon has no remaining HP circles and his bar is reduced to zero, this means all 30 of his hearts have been killed and he will die. HP is reported by stating how many circles he has left, followed by a decimal representation of the percentage remaining on his current bar when he lands, not when he leaves. The percentage remaining of his current bar can be determined by using the circles underneath as a reference: the circles stop at exactly 50% of the bar, and the length from the beginning of one circle to the beginning of the next circle is 5% of a bar. Two circle-lengths would therefore be 10% of the bar, and so on.
Visual aid: http://i49.tinypic.com/2cohg7l.png
Please report HP by how much he has on entrance, not by how much damage you did, or how much he had when he left.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720
"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"
#2robert43s(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:31:52 AM
Credit: PierceLee
When you enter the Chamber of Lament, you will see an "accessing server" message, during which a copy of the online Ur dragon will be downloaded. Kill the 3 enemy pawns to summon the Ur dragon into the arena. The Ur dragon will come with hp (and weak spots status) representative of his global health, but at any time players may be greeted with Ur dragon of varying hp. Do not be alarmed if you see an Ur dragon with hp different from what others are reporting - he is not healing himself. Look at the mean for its general health rather than individual hp values.

You will then battle him for 8 minutes, after which he will fly away and you will see another "accessing server" message, during which the damages you did will be uploaded to the server for consolidation into the global health.

Over time, as players contribute their effort towards the common goal, the Ur dragon's global health will decline. Eventually, when the Ur dragon is killed by anyone, we go into grace period. If you enter the Chamber of Lament during grace period, you will have a chance to land your own killing blow to gain good rewards (loots, and he will dragon forge every item you equipped).

Just because the Ur-Dragon has been declared to be in grace period does not mean you should be any less prepared. He will still have a varying amount of hearts left with varying amounts of HP remaining, but he is generally weaker than if he were not in grace. Particular care should be taken because when his health is so low, the Ur-Dragon will be extremely active and dying to him is still a very real probability. Grace period can last for a wide range of time; it has been less than thirty minutes, and it has been well over an hour. Time should not be wasted as there is little to no way to predict how long he will stay in grace.

Very little is known about the variables that determine how much HP he has during grace or how long his grace period will last.

Damage Threshold
It is uncommon, but dealing an extraordinary amount of damage in a single session may result in the Ur-Dragon leaving without your damage being counted. This is very unlikely unless you are using an extremely high strength/magic character.

The Godsbane Method
The Ur-Dragon can be fought in quick succession without exiting the chamber, sleeping at an inn, or even using up your items. To use the Godsbane method, you must carry the Godsbane with you before you go into the fight with the Ur-Dragon.

Save your game just before you enter the Chamber of Lament. Proceed as normal until the fight ends and he flies away. Do not leave the Chamber of Lament and do not save the game. Be sure to note the "Accessing server" message. After it has come and gone, use the Godsbane on yourself and reload you last save. You will be immediately prepared to fight the Ur-Dragon again without having used up your items.

Be warned! Using only the Godsbane method will result in no pity reward. A "pity reward" is a reward you receive for having contributed damage to the Ur-Dragon, but never landing a killing blow. If you frequently rely on the pity reward, you may not want to use this method. Alternatively, fighting the Ur-Dragon without this method several times will "build up" your pity reward, allowing you to then implement this tactic and still receive a pity reward if you miss the kill.

Written (except quote) and compiled by Unpure_Euphoria, but composed of suggestions from all of the incredible Dragon's Dogma Xbox board.

The following is a link to the above posts ready for copy/paste
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=gAkdjDzz
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720
"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"
#3NAMEPosted 2/8/2013 2:49:12 PM
10.95 Ironically, I forgot to set the alarm...! :o Hehehehe... :) Oh yeah... :/ I forgot I needed one more kill... :/ Doh! :o
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#4meralonnePosted 2/8/2013 2:53:27 PM
That last one didn't stick around for long, did it?
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#5NAMEPosted 2/8/2013 3:19:43 PM
My osmosis confirms! :)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#6NAMEPosted 2/8/2013 4:53:51 PM
Is anyone else seeing people log in as playing Dark Arisen? :p Must be on the newsgroups for now! :/ Or, Xbox Live is frackin' crazy!! :)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#7IMS-ReclaimedPosted 2/8/2013 5:28:04 PM
Would anyone happen to have an extra seigfried mask? The online ur doesn't seem to want to give it to me after countless times of killing it.....

Xbox GT- xIMS ReClAiMeDx
#8NAMEPosted 2/8/2013 5:31:47 PM
10.25 I can get one to you! :)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#9NAMEPosted 2/8/2013 5:45:23 PM
Hurry, get your loot! I need to sleep -- also literally!:)
---
I'm supposed to be dead.
#10IMS-ReclaimedPosted 2/8/2013 5:52:23 PM
NAME posted...
Hurry, get your loot! I need to sleep -- also literally!:)

Did you send one?