Dragon Weapons

#11gamer6879403333Posted 3/1/2013 9:50:56 AM
TC, I would like to send you some of my spare dragon weapons, but I seem to be blacklisted. Every pawn I hire has everything I send back with them turn into rocks. Every time. I think I got onto a blacklist when I traded to myself using backups in the first 2 months of release, and eventually everything started becoming rocks. Several months later... Everything is still turning into rocks.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#12erw62(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 9:54:17 AM
A couple of the dragon weapons seem redundant. Other than coloring, what's distinguishable between the bludgeons Dragon's Presence and Dragon's Toll? I've got one and don't feel the need for the other. There are also two quite similar magick bows, and I've got those. Dragon's Wit seems like another Dragon's Risen (which I do have), but is the one better than the other?

Also frustrating to me personally, is that I sort of forgot about my own Dragon's Repast [earned on my first Grigori kill as warrior vocation] from a no longer active alt on a different console; I could have at least tried to transfer it over (would that have even worked)?

Oh well, if nothing else the next time I enter the final battle, I plan to shoot for the Dragon's Faith shield as an MK.
---
gt: AboundedOrc0
main pawn: Skuld
#13coolfire1357Posted 3/1/2013 10:25:57 AM
I'm a bit new to these Grigori weapons/shields - what vocation do you have to be to get each of them? I have most if not all of the everfall dragon weapons/armor, but it would be nice to get these others also. I probably played as a MA both times so far, and idk if I got anything or not.
---
GT: iamsiamesifuplz PSN: iamsiameseifupls
Dogma - a JRPG in the fine tradition of WRPGs.
#14meralonnePosted 3/1/2013 10:29:29 AM
coolfire1357 posted...
I'm a bit new to these Grigori weapons/shields - what vocation do you have to be to get each of them? I have most if not all of the everfall dragon weapons/armor, but it would be nice to get these others also. I probably played as a MA both times so far, and idk if I got anything or not.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dragon

Basically, the weapon(s) you get depend on what you have equipped when you land the killing blow. So... Sorcerers always get the Archistaff, mages the Staff. Magic archers get the bow and either a staff or daggers. Assassins can get daggers, sword, bow or shield depending on what they're using at the time.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#15Zague77Posted 3/1/2013 10:40:19 AM
coolfire1357 posted...

There are 12 in total: sword, shield, greatsword, warhammer, shortbow, longbow, magick bow, daggers, magick shield, mace, staff and archistaff. You will get Grigori's version of whatever weapon(s) you have equipped at the instant he dies. They get put into your Arisen's personal inventory upon waking up in Cassardis in post-game.

Because they all have unique weapons only they can equip, you have to beat him as a ranger, magick archer, mystic knight and sorcerer at least once, and warrior at least twice (for greatsword and warhammer.) The others you can pick and choose. You can get the sword from fighter, assassin or mystic knight. Shield from fighter or assassin. Shortbow from strider or assassin. Staff from mage, magick archer or mystic knight.

I'd advise equipping a mace for MK instead of sword or staff, and a staff for MA instead of daggers. That way you only need to do MK once and don't need to do mage at all. Unless you want to :)
---
GTs: Zague77 & SleepyJimZzz
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
#16sourmilkPosted 3/1/2013 10:50:22 AM
erw62 posted...
but is the one better than the other?

The DF Dragons Risen is still the strongest of the Archistaves (STR 162/MAG 952) the DF Dragons Wit seems to be a fairly close third (STR158/MAG 942) ...after Talarian White.

So weird you can just go and buy the best weapon in that vocation.
---
GT: Vomiting Wolf
#17coolfire1357Posted 3/1/2013 10:54:15 AM
Yeah, turns out I do have Dragon's Vein (2 I think), not sure about the bow. But that's a good plan Zague (and thank mera for the link too), since I was anticipating it being a pain to do it as a mage.
Are any of these better than the everfall weapons, or at least when DF'd?
---
GT: iamsiamesifuplz PSN: iamsiameseifupls
Dogma - a JRPG in the fine tradition of WRPGs.
#18KarathraxPosted 3/1/2013 11:19:09 AM
coolfire1357 posted...
Are any of these better than the everfall weapons, or at least when DF'd?

That depends on your definition of 'better'. :D The Ur Dragon weapons and shields are superior in that they will stack both str and mag together for a more powerful attack than the Grigori drops; when DF, the Grigori longbow and shortbow are only 10 points less than the equivalent Everfall longbow and shortbow.

But based on aesthetics alone, the Grigori weapons are almost without exception the clear winners. I might be guilty of equipping a certain longbow on my pawn because it's black...
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#19sourmilkPosted 3/1/2013 11:32:48 AM
Karathrax posted...
I might be guilty of equipping a certain longbow on my pawn because it's black

LOL noticed that.

Does that go for the Talarian White use over the Dragons Risen?
- or is that "better" as the STR/MAG stacks differently?
---
GT: Vomiting Wolf
#20meralonnePosted 3/1/2013 12:01:09 PM
sourmilk posted...
Does that go for the Talarian White use over the Dragons Risen?
- or is that "better" as the STR/MAG stacks differently?

Well, the DFed Dragon's Risen is slightly more powerful than the Talarian. The Talarian has the permanent Holy enchant though, which makes it quite useful. My rule of thumb is to equip DR personally and equip Talarian on pawns, since I know when to enchant.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife