Inclination help

#1A3QU1TASPosted 3/6/2013 10:09:47 AM
I have recently purchased this game and messed around some with classes etc.

I decided to start as a strider and have my pawn be a strider as well.

I will change to assassin, and main pawn to ranger.

I really want the both of us to be very lethal monster killing machines.

Not knowing exactly how inclinations work... what should I go for and how?

ALSO:

How should I answer these questions that start a pawn with this in mind?
---
Gamertag- I A3QU1TAS I
#2CRK44Posted 3/6/2013 10:23:16 AM(edited)
Well, it depends what you want.

Let's say you enter a battle with: 1 Cyclops, a few regular bandits (daggers) and a couple Bandit archers.

Who do you want your pawn to attack first? The weakest enemies? Strongest? Or the ranged & supports?

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Pawn_Inclination

this gives you a run-down on Inclinations and how to change them.

Scather's explanation is misleading-it makes pawns attack the strongest enemy.

I am currently running as an Assassin with Strider pawn and he is a Challenger/Scather. He takes down the Mages and Archer enemies then moves to the strongest. During this time, I usually pick off the weakest guys while my Pawn keeps the major threats busy.

EDIT: When it comes to changing inclinations, the wiki says to buy 3 potions, 2 of the main and 1 of the secondary. This should be changed. You should buy MULTIPLE, MULTIPLE potions if you want to engrave that inclination into your pawns AI.
GT: C IR IK B3AST (those are capital i's)
ALT GT: ceeR0k
#3A3QU1TAS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:22:03 AM
CRK44 posted...

Let's say you enter a battle with: 1 Cyclops, a few regular bandits (daggers) and a couple Bandit archers.

Who do you want your pawn to attack first? The weakest enemies? Strongest? Or the ranged & supports?

I am currently running as an Assassin with Strider pawn and he is a Challenger/Scather. He takes down the Mages and Archer enemies then moves to the strongest. During this time, I usually pick off the weakest guys while my Pawn keeps the major threats busy.

Do you think as an assassin it is better to have a strider or ranger pawn? I like your thinking and thank you for the helpful link!
---
Gamertag- I A3QU1TAS I
#4mmasters36Posted 3/6/2013 10:26:50 AM(edited)
If you want your Ranger to climb and attack bosses with daggers Scather/Challenger or Scather/Mitigator is recommended (Scather makes them climb) If you want your pawn to shoot more using the bow Challenger/Mitigator is recommended.

To set inclinations- buy potions from the vendor in the encampment inside the rift tent-It is recommended to buy and use at least a few to set this inclination and use one more potion for the primary-so if you choose challenger.mitigator buy 5 challengers 4 mitigators-use them all and check your status screen for inclinations of your pawn-if not what you want use one more of the primary to reset. And I like Ranger to complement your assassin because he has more"range" with his bow and I liked to do the climbing when I was playing as assassin and striders are more inclined to climb
---
GT:baseballkidd99 _ GT:Dragonkin777_ GT:Sorcerersword
Pn 200 BC Ranger _Pawn 200 Sorcerer_ Pawn 35 Sorcerer
#5CRK44Posted 3/6/2013 10:42:34 AM
A3QU1TAS posted...
CRK44 posted...

Do you think as an assassin it is better to have a strider or ranger pawn? I like your thinking and thank you for the helpful link!

It is all preference. And it depends on what you want your pawn to do. If you want your Pawn to climb, make it a Strider. I like Pawns that are more up close and personal anyways. However, there were times where I was in the Fray and my Pawn saved my ass by using a Dowpour Volley >__>

mmasters36 posted...
If you want your Ranger to climb and attack bosses with daggers Scather/Challenger or Scather/Mitigator is recommended (Scather makes them climb) If you want your pawn to shoot more using the bow Challenger/Mitigator is recommended.

To set inclinations- buy potions from the vendor in the encampment inside the rift tent-It is recommended to buy and use at least a few to set this inclination and use one more potion for the primary-so if you choose challenger.mitigator buy 5 challengers 4 mitigators-use them all and check your status screen for inclinations of your pawn-if not what you want use one more of the primary to reset. And I like Ranger to complement your assassin because he has more"range" with his bow and I liked to do the climbing when I was playing as assassin and striders are more inclined to climb

About the whole Scather thing, my Pawn is actually a Challenger Mitigator, however, his 3rd inclination is probably scather. He climbs every big boss I fight and he does it very effectively.

But the 3rd Inclination...you need a Vet to explain that to you >__> I don't know how to manage it
---
#6CRK44Posted 3/6/2013 10:45:40 AM
Double post-

Don't forget about Stat Growths and Augments:

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Augments

Augments can be carried over from any Vocation.
---
#7mmasters36Posted 3/6/2013 11:52:39 AM
CRK44 posted...
But the 3rd Inclination...you need a Vet to explain that to you >__> I don't know how to manage it

I think the third inclination is what the pawn has learned in its own battle experience from his Arisen-So if your fighting technique is to climb bosses so will your pawn-My pawn was set at scather/challenger for over 200 hours before I changed him to challenger /mitigator-I played assassin then and climbed bosses so I think that's what he learned. He climbs a lot too.
---
GT:baseballkidd99 _ GT:Dragonkin777_ GT:Sorcerersword
Pn 200 BC Ranger _Pawn 200 Sorcerer_ Pawn 35 Sorcerer
#8LonerwolfMPosted 3/6/2013 12:48:01 PM
JMO

I am running Assasin and Ranger at the moment Makoto was bouncing between Scather/Challenger and Challenger/Scather and I was getting lot of compliments with her that way
I Tried Challenger/Mitigator with Scather in 3rd position I like it took getting used to at first some people didnt like the change but depends what u want pawn to do I wanted to keep Makota a beast when came to taking enemies down

To see what 3rd Incliation is sit in any of the knowledge chairs that lets u switch 2nd and 3rd if u you want otherwhise the invocation potions lets you set what u want 1st 2nd and 3rd
---
GT LONER WOLF pawn Makoto Fire feel free to send a friend request :)
#9LonerwolfMPosted 3/6/2013 3:13:09 PM
A3QU1TAS posted...
I have recently purchased this game and messed around some with classes etc.

I decided to start as a strider and have my pawn be a strider as well.

I will change to assassin, and main pawn to ranger.

I really want the both of us to be very lethal monster killing machines.

Not knowing exactly how inclinations work... what should I go for and how?

ALSO:

How should I answer these questions that start a pawn with this in mind?

JMO
Unless you really need 1 avoid guardian the AI does NOT match what the name implies. My suggestion look and have general idea what inclination does or doesnt appeal to you. When you awsner the starting questions placing cursor over awnsers shows you what effect each awnser has on various inclinations lets you guide what starting inclinations will be
---
GT LONER WOLF pawn Makoto Fire feel free to send a friend request :)
#10KarathraxPosted 3/6/2013 3:29:16 PM
I prefer Challenger/Mitigator with Utilitarian as the third inclination for Ranger. I do not like Scather anywhere for Ranger as it increases the likelihood of some behaviors I dislike intensely: shooting off-target, decreased bow usage, excessive and unnecessary evasive rolling, and pacing the enemy with daggers drawn without attacking.

Your pawn's behavior can actually be quite nuanced. The inclinations are a set of ten floating tables that are affected constantly by one's commands, playstyle (Fortune Favors The Bold or sneak attacks on the unsuspecting), the d-pad commands and the inclinations of other pawns in your party. Those tables rise and fall with every action while you play. The two that are the highest in value are the primary and secondary, while the third is held in reserve while still affecting the pawn's behavior.

I wiped my main pawn once and regretted it for weeks afterwards. He had been Utilitarian/Challenger/Acquisitor and I'd gotten tired of him being all up in my business while chest farming, and I was extremely disappointed with his Ranger behavior. I ran trials for a day and determined the three I wanted, wiped and applied them-- and then the 'personality' I liked so much was gone. It took about four weeks of solid gameplay to get 'him' back.

You can usually see the tertiary inclination in the Knowledge Chair, in the very first question when your pawn asks which attack style you prefer.

To set all three inclinations the way you want, and to have them virtually unaffected by anything you do or anyone in your party, do this:

Buy fifteen each of the three inclinations you want. Drink the tertiary. Drink the secondary. Drink the primary. Check your pawn's inclination setting in the Status tab off the Pause menu, and if for some reason the inclinations are reversed, drink one more primary potion. What this does is elevate the three favored inclinations' values way over and above the rest.

My pawns' inclinations do not change unless I make them change.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax