ferocity

#11KarathraxPosted 3/13/2013 10:09:32 AM
Karathrax posted...
Yes to both. :D the 10% is a flat increase to whatever stat that powers the weapon, depending on vocation. So it's a more powerful effect for a melee pawn with an enchanted weapon as the 10% applies to both str and mag.

It occurs to me-- if my main pawn's attack with Heaven's Keys is in the 2600 range (which it is), then if he does a leaping attack on an enemy with those daggers, he's actually doing close to 3000. Thing is, Rangers rarely do that move, Striders do it more.

But yowza...
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#12hauntbot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 10:28:46 AM
@kara: so just to be totally clear, is the jumping charded bolt better than the standing charged bolt by default, or are you suggesting using the strider skill along with it, which is also a good idea i hadnt thought of. =o

also are you certain exhilaration also affects magic? the description says it only affects strength. that would be looney if it was that much better than equanimity.

@loner: i was talking about proficiency. it doesnt work with bows unfortunately.
---
if it doesnt feel like dragging rusty needles across your gums, it isnt worth playing. ~truballergamerjammer2013
#13ToxicZombiesPosted 3/13/2013 10:37:50 AM
hauntbot posted...
Proficiency. it doesnt work with bows unfortunately.

Proficiency doesn't work with bows? awww http://tinyurl.com/chl6svk
#14hauntbot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 10:39:58 AM
ToxicZombies posted...
hauntbot posted...
Proficiency. it doesnt work with bows unfortunately.

Proficiency doesn't work with bows? awww http://tinyurl.com/chl6svk

yeah. >:l
---
if it doesnt feel like dragging rusty needles across your gums, it isnt worth playing. ~truballergamerjammer2013
#15KarathraxPosted 3/13/2013 11:57:09 AM(edited)
Proficiency will affect anything except a bow.

I went and found Aardicus' damage testing; he is a friend of mine from the PS3.

Aardicus says:
Base Staff:

Base Staff + Ferocity:

Base Staff + jump attack ( NO eminence)

Base Staff + jump attack + Eminence:

Seems Ferocity is good, but Eminence only boosts STR.

When you use the light attack or focused bolt for the staff, if you pause at the exact moment you fire off the shot, your listed MAG goes up by @10%

That should make it clear. The inference is that you get yet another 10% on top of the base Ferocity add if you use the archistave or staff jump attack, as it is a core skill. :D

Exhilaration is a bigger multiplier than its equivalent, Equanimity. They affect, respectively, str and mag. This can be interesting for an MK, but-- as I said, using a holy enchantment of any kind is impractical with these augments as you will self-heal until you meet the threshhold where they're no longer in effect pretty quickly.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#16hauntbot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 1:03:50 PM
Karathrax posted...
Proficiency will affect anything except a bow.

I went and found Aardicus' damage testing; he is a friend of mine from the PS3.

Aardicus says:
Base Staff:

Base Staff + Ferocity:

Base Staff + jump attack ( NO eminence)

Base Staff + jump attack + Eminence:

Seems Ferocity is good, but Eminence only boosts STR.

When you use the light attack or focused bolt for the staff, if you pause at the exact moment you fire off the shot, your listed MAG goes up by @10%

That should make it clear. The inference is that you get yet another 10% on top of the base Ferocity add if you use the archistave or staff jump attack, as it is a core skill. :D

Exhilaration is a bigger multiplier than its equivalent, Equanimity. They affect, respectively, str and mag. This can be interesting for an MK, but-- as I said, using a holy enchantment of any kind is impractical with these augments as you will self-heal until you meet the threshhold where they're no longer in effect pretty quickly.

aww, so it looks like eminence doesnt help sorcs then. thanks for the heads up.
---