Another corruption

#1pearlfxPosted 4/22/2013 8:06:36 PM
Just finished a round with the online Ur. I jumped down into the everfall and the game tries to make a save and I get a message that the save failed. So I went to the dash board, started the game again and saw what I knew would be there. Save corrupted.

Fortunately, I had a recent back-up save but I still lost about 3 hours of playtime.

A great big thank you to Dr. Nick who helped me with questions I had about deleting the corrupted save.
---
GT: La Pearlafx PSN: La-Pearlafx
Currently playing Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch and Dragon's Dogma
#2xtabascomanxPosted 4/22/2013 8:07:13 PM
That sucks, but I'm glad you had a back up.
---
GT: xchumfiestax
#3DrNick2008Posted 4/22/2013 8:18:29 PM
What's going on? I know Capcom has had these horrible corrupted save problems since the original DD release. But you would've thought that they would have addressed it by know.

I'm pleased that La Pearlafx only lost a few hours of gameplay. I'm also pleased that I only lost a couple of days of simple questing (doing RC rounds for other players), and none of my online Ur kills. :)

The lesson is... make back-up saves frequently.
---
There's no zodiacal sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#4ReiderAsmadiPosted 4/22/2013 8:23:06 PM
I figured something like this was gonna be more commonplace around this time being the pessimist I am. =/

I've made an extra backup just in case something decides to go wrong when I pick the game up today.
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
#5RocketStarXXPosted 4/22/2013 8:32:22 PM
Same carruption has occured on my alt GT.
I have a back-up...but lost 60 levels :(
---
GT: RocketStar
#6pearlfx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:47:40 PM(edited)
What really angers me is now I have two pawns that I sent home earlier with (hopefully) plenty of RC and nice gifts. Now they will get a rock, no gifts and probably 3 stars.

I'm sorry Erc92 as his pawn Skuld is one of those pawns. I will make it up to you.

Plus I'm angry at Capcom for refusing to deal with this problem.

I really am thankful to all the players who constantly posted that back-up saves needed to be made!

@RocketStar: Oh no!
---
GT: La Pearlafx PSN: La-Pearlafx
Currently playing Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch and Dragon's Dogma
#7katerinafmPosted 4/22/2013 8:35:32 PM
Do you think they are doing it on purpose so we won't get the bonuses for DA and will have to buy them as seperate dlc? *conspiracy theory* XD Just kidding, but seriously, the save corruption is horrible in this game. Has Capcom at least acknowledged that it happens/said they're working on it?

How do we make sure that the save that we back-up itself is not corrupted? Is simply loading it and then quitting to see if it'll load enough or could it happen randomly?
#8AxelPoePosted 4/22/2013 9:43:37 PM(edited)
A friend of mine JUST msgd me telling me his game got corrupted AGAIN!
It happened to him 2 days ago.
Started this new one... and BANG!

Why!?
Why is this happening to so many people?
Is this the fate of all Arisen?
To die in a corrupted world? :/
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
GT: Axel Poe / Pawn: Alice Poe
#9ToxicZombiesPosted 4/22/2013 11:14:54 PM
katerinafm posted...
Do you think they are doing it on purpose so we won't get the bonuses for DA and will have to buy them as seperate dlc? *conspiracy theory*

Nah, not that. If anything, the only legit thing I can think that they would be angry about would be the Rift Crystal boosters like earning millions and millions then starting DA with a big grin then capcom trolls their save file.

I think it's best to not only usb backup, but have an additional usb backup.

Someone was very OCD even about their backing up method. They would save, go to main menu, load the game to check the save wasn't corrupted, then go back to main menu, exit to dashboard then backup.

Since the game is a time sink and seeing some ppl with like 1115 hours gameplay time invested, I can see how ppl would do this.
#10cmhawk84Posted 4/22/2013 11:21:38 PM
I am very ignorant to how you would use a USB to save the file on an xbox..can someone please explain? as well as how big the USB would have to be? I have a 2GB one currently