Dragons Dogma import bonus?

#1Gandalf_the_FabPosted 4/25/2013 2:16:48 AM
So is it possible to get the Dragons Dogma import bonuses like the infinite ferrystone and bonus armours when starting a new game from scratch in Dark Arisen or in order to get these bonuses do you have to import a save from the original?

Also I was under the impression that all the DLC for the original game was going to be shipped with Dark Arisen, what happened with that?
#2KarathraxPosted 4/25/2013 2:20:24 AM
You have to import a save, and no-- all the pre-DA DLC is part of the bonus that comes to those with existing saves.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#3DrNick2008Posted 4/25/2013 2:22:59 AM
Gandalf_the_Fab posted...
So is it possible to get the Dragons Dogma import bonuses like the infinite ferrystone and bonus armours when starting a new game from scratch in Dark Arisen or in order to get these bonuses do you have to import a save from the original?

Per reports, you don't get the bonus items if you start a completely new game. You only get them if converting from a previous DD game save.
---
There's no zodiacal sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#4Gandalf_the_Fab(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 2:24:57 AM
DrNick2008 posted...
Gandalf_the_Fab posted...

Per reports, you don't get the bonus items if you start a completely new game. You only get them if converting from a previous DD game save.

So if I start a new game in Dragons Dogma then exit and switch to DA and import will I get the bonuses?
#5Gandalf_the_Fab(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 2:27:07 AM(edited)
Karathrax posted...
You have to import a save, and no-- all the pre-DA DLC is part of the bonus that comes to those with existing saves.

Please clarify, the pre-DA DLC is not available to those who start a new game from Dark Arisen but is available for those who import from the original? Even those who didn't buy all the DLC for the original?
#6JustArtificialPosted 4/25/2013 2:35:02 AM
My understanding is;

Original game + Bought DLC = Whilst still on the original game, you're gifted the items.

Any save (even original) + no prior DLC purchase + Dark Arisen = The DLC is gained through the store's Black Cat, for in-game money.

Not sure if;

Dark Arisen + Bought DLC = Content gifted, as well as obtainable through the Black Cat.
#7Gandalf_the_Fab(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 2:38:35 AM
What about character creator upgrades and quests?
#8PolypropylenPosted 4/25/2013 2:44:11 AM
You have to import an old save ONCE! Each time then you create a new character in DA the game will give you the bonus again!
#9Gandalf_the_Fab(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 3:06:02 AM
Polypropylen posted...
You have to import an old save ONCE! Each time then you create a new character in DA the game will give you the bonus again!

Really? Because I did that and when I created a new character the bonuses weren't in my bank.
#10PolypropylenPosted 4/25/2013 3:27:01 AM
For me it worked perfectly!
I imported my save from DD, played 5minutes and backed it up on my USB. Then i just restarted DA and clicked new game which deleted the old character. And my new character got the bonus items in storage and the rift crystals were on him.