Dark arisen a reason not to hard mode

#1protoomegavoxPosted 4/26/2013 6:24:43 AM
Hey guys I just wanted to let you guys know that the item drop rates get really messed up on hard mode as the drops change to add more RC and money but push down other drops as a result. SO once you've managed to kill him a second time on hard mode I'd suggest switching to normal to grind for the rest of your upgrade loot.

here's an example

I've fought over ten of the Giant cyclops and only after switching to normal did he drop his back bone/Spine and that is just off the top of my head. I know its happened at least with ten other monsters.
---
GT: Protoomegavox
#2Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 4/26/2013 6:38:01 AM(edited)
Good to know, I jus switched to hard mode in order to acquire myself an abysinal outfit :( guess I will finish that first... I literally started last nite before bed too :(

edit do u at least get more rc in hard mode???

---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#3PolypropylenPosted 4/26/2013 6:41:33 AM
when i'm currently on normal mode and i change to hard mode what will happen?
I heard numerous things.....As i know the story progress will be reset if you go from normal to hard during the game. Do i also get the rewards if i complete it?
#4protoomegavox(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 7:30:52 AM
Denizen_Of_Dark

Short anwser Yes they drop it as loot along with 10,000 bags of gold

Polypropylen

If you switch now your on your first play through it will start you over from scatch with nothing from before at the beginning from what I've been lead to believe.

But if you complete the main game and start a new play through by hitting continuing after beating the final boss of the Ever-fall and then switch it to hard mode you'll restart that play through with all your previously earn stuff on hard mode.

On a side note you can switch back to normal for no penalty but you'll have to restart your play through to change it back.
---
#5meralonnePosted 4/26/2013 7:33:53 AM
Guys,

If you switch to Hard mode mid-game, you only lose one thing: quest progression. All gear, cash and RC you've earned stays with you. You start back at the beginning in Cassardis on the beach, but you lose nothing else.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#6PolypropylenPosted 4/26/2013 8:01:21 AM
meralonne posted...
Guys,

If you switch to Hard mode mid-game, you only lose one thing: quest progression. All gear, cash and RC you've earned stays with you. You start back at the beginning in Cassardis on the beach, but you lose nothing else.

Also if it's my first playthrogh with that character?
#7BrohamondPosted 4/26/2013 8:21:20 AM
Not to contest the TC (I'm only 3-5 hours in DA), but I wanted to throw another experience out there.

It seems like mobs in hard mode drop additional items anyway.
i.e. - normal mode: 1 item dropped ( could be gold, RC, or mob specific item)
Hard mode: usually drops 2 maybe 3 items (gold, RC and/or mob specific item)

I fought the first gorcyclops ( think the pawn called it?) and got all types of drops (eye, spine, flesh, and RC) on hard mode. Maybe I got lucky...

I'd hate to give up the challenge, extra experience and whatever else by downgrading to normal.

Any thoughts if the number of simultaneous mob spawns change from hard to normal?
#8meralonnePosted 4/26/2013 8:27:28 AM
I haven't played this in any mode other than Hard, so I don't really have a basis for comparison. I will note, however, that creatures are dropping Rift fragments now, as opposed to the total absence of RC drops in vanilla DD Hard mode.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#9protoomegavox(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:13:00 AM
No I believe your right about that but if you think about the drop rates of all non segmented bosses and mobs as percentages (that how their programed) and include a mid sized percentage to the the drop rates of RC and more Gold the other percentages would have to be reduced to account for that so now some of the drops that were rare or maybe common depending on how they decided to coded it would be nearly non existent in as a result.

Because of that you'll end up with more money and near useless RC at least to me and most likely a lot of people who farmed for Dark Arisen thinking it was going to be asking for crazy amounts in Like a ratio the how much it cost to tier 3 and Abyss set Vs a cloth set in gold.

Because of that I have over 1.5 million RC at this point and don't really need to worry about gold at this point as I could still farm the offline Ur-Dragon if I need money by selling wake stone and the three base Ur- drops.

The Reason I posted the topic is so people Know that some of the missing upgrade materials are not missing its just become an unrealistic drop chance vs so many others outcomes.
---
#10PolypropylenPosted 4/26/2013 9:24:01 AM
Sadly i can't even enter hard mode from the options menu on pl1 with me lv18 ranger...