Sorcerer vs offline UR

#1RolfinPosted 5/5/2013 1:45:33 PM
I just came to the pleasant realization that I can salvage a balanced all-around build from my assassin IF I level him as sorcerer for the rest of his days.

What is a good way to farm offline UR for EXP? What are the best spells/strategies? My magick is currently just below 300, but I have lots and lotsa stamina.
---
In the name of Harman.
GT: Mr Classica GT: Will Smiths Cat
#2ToxicLimePosted 5/5/2013 1:47:19 PM
With that little magic, your in for a rough time. But the best spells for Ur Dragon is Holy Affinity + Focused Bolt.
---
PSN: Toxic-Limes
X360 Gamertag: GodLy EviL
#3TenchiHawkwingPosted 5/5/2013 1:47:24 PM
Rolfin posted...
I just came to the pleasant realization that I can salvage a balanced all-around build from my assassin IF I level him as sorcerer for the rest of his days.

What is a good way to farm offline UR for EXP? What are the best spells/strategies? My magick is currently just below 300, but I have lots and lotsa stamina.

With the way I fight him, Stamina doesn't matter even slightly.
Just cast Holy Affinity and use Focused Bolt until Ur is dead.
---
-Signature.
#4SorrowOfAcheronPosted 5/5/2013 1:47:57 PM
If you're going to farm it using Sorcerer, then Holy Focused Bolt all the way.
Even with that low Magic, you'll be doing more damage than your more-frequently-than-not interrupted big spells.
Make sure to use 4 Demon's Periapts, and go solo, with Pilgrim's Charm.
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron, RageOfFenrisulf
Eurynome, Lv.200 Sorcerer
#5TenchiHawkwingPosted 5/5/2013 1:52:32 PM
I personally don't think periapts or any of that stuff is necessary.
I can do sub-8min Urs without even using Assassin augments. In fact, I'm doing a pure mage right now at 96 using Dragon's Risen and I've been too lazy to get other class augments so far and the highest level pawn I'm using is my own and she doesn't have good augments either.

If you just go at night with Bloodlust, that should already be more than enough with 300 base MAG. You'll be coming in about as strong as I was when I started and have more defenses to boot (not that it should matter, since Ur shouldn't even be able to touch you, really.)
---
-Signature.
#6SorrowOfAcheronPosted 5/5/2013 2:01:52 PM
He said he was farming; when you farm you want to do it as fast as possible...
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron, RageOfFenrisulf
Eurynome, Lv.200 Sorcerer
#7TenchiHawkwingPosted 5/5/2013 2:03:44 PM
SorrowOfAcheron posted...
He said he was farming; when you farm you want to do it as fast as possible...

It depends on whether he's in NG+ or post game whether that's even actually faster considering all the necessary inventory management...
---
-Signature.
#8Rolfin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 2:12:04 PM
BTW, I'm playing in DA, so is the autonomy augment even worth it? I would think pawns would be better for the distraction value.
---
In the name of Harman.
#9TenchiHawkwingPosted 5/5/2013 2:23:05 PM
Rolfin posted...
BTW, I'm playing in DA, so is the autonomy augment even worth it? I would think pawns would be better for the distraction value.

Maybe, maybe not.
If you have good ranger pawns its probably worth bringing them anyway... as I mentioned before, I'm using pawns but mostly because of the fact that I don't have Autonomy to even consider using at the moment if I had it, I'd use it (Not on DA though, probably would still use it.) because with the DR/Barbed Nails/Impact Augment, I keep Ur in pretty much constant stunlock anyway.
---
-Signature.
#10Rolfin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 2:34:36 PM
I appreciate all you guys' advise. I think I'll just hire a lot of rangers and use demon's periapts/holy affinity/focus blast. BTW, demon's periapts can be purchased from the apothecary, yes?
---
In the name of Harman.