Death

#1AkujatuPosted 5/11/2013 10:58:12 PM
So I am 131 atm, and basically have this entire place down on farm easily. I cannot though, seem to even damage Death a slight bit. I've killed Daimon 8 times now, but not Death.

What are his weaknesses? I am running a Sorcerer, and using a Ranger Pawn.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am getting tired of this ****** popping into rooms with other bosses.
#2mrfancyhatPosted 5/11/2013 11:21:58 PM
It would be easier if you killed him before Daimon, as Death's main room is the Bloodless Stockades. When I fought him, I had Dragon's Ire bow and would shoot him in the head with regular arrows or Mighty Bend, which would do slight damage.

The best way to do this is wear gear that will make you 100% sleep resistant and attack him with a sword (I use Ascalon for the holy damage). Pawns don't really matter to me since they always seem to die. Also, when death attempts to swing at you, I would stand behind him and under him and use whirlwind slash, rarely I would ever get hit but that is what Wakestones are good for.

Death usually bails after 1/2 - 1 bar and then you have to try and find him again. This is why fighting him before Daimon is a good idea, as he will keep appearing in the Bloodless Stockades.

I beat him at around lvl 108 as an Assassin and jumped up 5-7 levels (800k exp), and got some lvl3 armor.
#3AnakeriePosted 5/11/2013 11:34:51 PM
I swear, every time he shows up, I keep hearing Grandpa Simpson's voice in my head yelling "It's deeeeeeeaatttthhhh." If your ranger pawn can stay alive long enough, ten-fold flurry does a pretty decent chunk of damage to him.
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna
#4PoptartJuniperPosted 5/12/2013 3:49:40 AM
Akujatu posted...

What are his weaknesses? I am running a Sorcerer, and using a Ranger Pawn.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am getting tired of this ****** popping into rooms with other bosses.

Holy Enchant (I have it equipped. More effective than waiting for pawns to cast it) Focus Bolt him. It does a lot of damage to him and can stun or knock him down. I try to stay far away even though my pawn is a ranger, I don't count on them to help me.

Oh, take your lantern off when he appears. He can't find you so easily.
---
GT: PoptartJuniper Pawn: Devon
Alt: Grumpy Slug43 Pawn: Milah
#5Epic_McDudePosted 5/12/2013 3:50:56 AM
I swear- Death is a dick in any game he's in.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, anyone?
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#6simonbelmont2Posted 5/12/2013 4:01:45 AM
Epic_McDude posted...

Yep, the evil sod stole Alucard's weapons at the start of the game.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#7RA_RisingGodPosted 5/12/2013 4:03:57 AM
Epic_McDude posted...

Psh, I can only have flashbacks of Death from Super Castlevania IV. THAT was nightmarish.

That being said, I've been doing some fairly decent amount of damage to him as a Magic Archer. I can constantly back away from him while casting Six-Fold Bolt and if he gets close, just roll out of the way with the awesomely upgraded dodge roll.
---
I am going.....from Zer0 to Nothing....
#8Epic_McDudePosted 5/12/2013 4:07:47 AM
Epic_McDude posted...

Yep, the evil sod stole Alucard's weapons at the start of the game.

Yep, that is exactly what I was referring to.

Imagine if that happened every time Death successfully killed you on Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen in BBI. Your equipment gets taken every time, maybe unless you had a Wakestone.

The public outrage and loss of profit for Capcom would be too great.
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#9nytecrawlaPosted 5/12/2013 4:07:50 AM
Epic_McDude posted...

Or Persona 3.

What's that young hero, you managed to be in Great condition on the night before a full moon, and are thus locked at great condition until after the full moon? Sounds awesome, lets grind for a few hours and get some sweet loot and maybe even some new Persona cards! Oh wait...here comes Death, looks like we've been on this floor a little too long.

That robed chucklef*** is always out to keep me from leveling up. Sometimes I can get a good 20 to 30 minutes worth of fights in, sometimes I get into 3 fights and he comes ringing his bell and shaking his chains. He's like some sort of ephemeral grumpy old man, constantly trying to keep us good for nothing kids off of his lawn. His lawn made of sweet, sweet XP and loot.
---
Well don't that just beat all?
#10Epic_McDudePosted 5/12/2013 4:10:01 AM
Or Persona 3.

What's that young hero, you managed to be in Great condition on the night before a full moon, and are thus locked at great condition until after the full moon? Sounds awesome, lets grind for a few hours and get some sweet loot and maybe even some new Persona cards! Oh wait...here comes Death, looks like we've been on this floor a little too long.

That robed chucklef*** is always out to keep me from leveling up. Sometimes I can get a good 20 to 30 minutes worth of fights in, sometimes I get into 3 fights and he comes ringing his bell and shaking his chains. He's like some sort of ephemeral grumpy old man, constantly trying to keep us good for nothing kids off of his lawn. His lawn made of sweet, sweet XP and loot.

Ouch. That royally sucks!
---