DA post-game Dragonkin

#1RolfinPosted 5/16/2013 1:02:58 AM
So what's the deal with dragonkin in DA? I can no longer find the drake in front of the quarry and the wyvern outside of Gran Soren's gate just keeps flying around in circles, paying my party absolutely NO mind.
---
In the name of Harman.
GT: Mr Classica GT: Will Smiths Cat
#2Rolfin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 9:40:42 AM
Bump

Come on, I can't be the only one with this problem
---
In the name of Harman.
GT: Mr Classica GT: Will Smiths Cat
#3sourmilkPosted 5/16/2013 10:09:42 AM
I have the same problem buddy, just no answers. Sorry.
---
GT: Vomiting Wolf
#4DrNick2008Posted 5/16/2013 10:13:33 AM
The Drake that walks around the Estan Plains (the fields between GS and The Quarry) respawns after 7 game days. He will be back.

There is no wyvern flying outside the gates of GS. Those are harpies flying up in the sky. You are possibly referring to the one-time only encounter with a wyvern just south of GS along the road that you encounter as you walk to GS at the very beginning of post-game? If you don't kill him in that encounter in a quick fashion, he'll fly away and he won't ever show up again.... at least not until the beginning of post-game on your next playthrough.

However, there IS a wyvern flying around just south of Windbluff Tower. He will fly around and around until you approach that position by walking from the south along the Conquest Road. If he doesn't come down just head south again, and walk up the Conquest Road slowly until the "Ambush" quest triggers.
---
There's no zodiacal sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#5BoltBlackJokerPosted 5/16/2013 10:16:50 AM
Some moved around a bit.

The Wyvern behaving odd is a known bug. You'll have to aggro it before it detects you, is what most people say.

If I didn't have all three types of dragonkin tears by now I'd be a bit miffed.

Seriously though with the addition of BBI where it's easy enough to find them in the Rotunda and other such arena rooms you don't really need the overworld ones anymore.
---
True Legendary Love Exists
An unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates
#6meralonnePosted 5/16/2013 11:57:51 AM
Here are some dragonkin positions for post-game. Please note that they were in these positions in vanilla, but I have not taken the time to look for them again since DA. Also note that this list is not exhaustive.

Drake:
Devilfire Grove (same spot as always)
Conqueror's Sanctuary (on the way to Bloodwater Beach)
On the plains approaching the Ancient Quarry (from Gran Soren)
Everfall: Chamber of Fate (50% chance). I hear that this is now a two Drake fight. It used to be one Drake and some Harpies.

Wyrm:
The Watergod's Altar
Everfall: Chamber of Distress

Wyvern:
On the road to GS. This is a one-time spawn, as noted above
Bluemoon Tower
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife