Best Boon/Affinity for General Use

#1KC_CheeseKingPosted 5/16/2013 6:30:45 PM
Which one is the best to keep equipped for my mage? Or should I have 2 on hand. I know I want to have Anodyne, Halidom and Grapnel at all times, so that's 3 of 6 spells right there.
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.
#2VirtuosusPosted 5/16/2013 6:33:14 PM
Probably Holy.
---
Dragon's Dogma GT: Virtuosus II (Sorcerer Pawn. Room for DD:DA friends!)
Main/Social GT: VirtuosusFFXI (Fighter Pawn. Don't friend request this one.)
#3KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 6:38:53 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the info.
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.
#4DrNick2008Posted 5/16/2013 6:40:50 PM
You should NEVER have more than one buff spell on your mage or sorcerer. Their AI will frequently mess it up, and annoy you to no end. Lol. Pick the right one for the phase of the game you're in and only equip that one on your pawn.

This is what I use during a full playthrough...
Fire -- Pre-Dragon (everything before fighting Grigori, The Dragon)
Dark -- for the actual battle with Grigori (The Final Battle)
Holy -- for post-game
Ice/Thunder -- for Bitterblack Island
---
There's no zodiacal sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#5Epic_McDudePosted 5/16/2013 6:56:20 PM
Probably Holy.

This right here.
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#6KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 6:57:39 PM
I'm actually playing as the mage myself. My pawn is a fighter. Thanks for the info.
---
#7DrNick2008Posted 5/16/2013 7:20:20 PM
KC_CheeseKing posted...
I'm actually playing as the mage myself. My pawn is a fighter. Thanks for the info.

Really? Just curious, but why haven't you switched to sorcerer? You just don't hear too often that Arisens play as mages as their primary/preferred vocation... unless they're using it as a stepping stone to sorcerer.

Though, I'm sure now I'll be flamed with folks disagreeing with me. Lol
---
There's no zodiacal sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#8KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 8:42:26 PM
I like being a healer, to be honest. Not sure why. I might try sorcerer, butI want to max my mage vocation first, though.
---