Best magic archer armor

#1xPAxMattxPosted 6/7/2013 7:03:56 PM
Can anyone tell me the best magic acher armor I've been looking at so many set but don't know what to get I started trying to get the shadow then the oblivion but I just don't know what's the best for magic archer. Can anyone tell me?
---
GT:xPAxMattx
#2ramzariotPosted 6/7/2013 7:09:45 PM
If I were inclined to use one I'd go for the trophy set for the magic boost.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#3DrNick2008Posted 6/7/2013 7:12:44 PM(edited)
It totally depends on your MA build.

If you have high Mag (>650 unenhanced), I would probably use the Shadow Armor set (or Oblivion if you're lucky enough to purify them) as they have better defensive stats... especially if you're a pure sorcerer build with poor Def stats.

If you're like me (561) and have mediocre or poor unenhanced Mag stats, I'd say go for the Trophy Armor set as they give quite large Mag buffs to your Arisen. I'd also wear one of the Mag buffing head armors (laurel circlet, diadem, Dragonsroar, or Dragon's Band) to get a Mag buff there also.
---
There's no zodiacal sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#4chaomasPosted 6/7/2013 7:11:33 PM
xPAxMattx posted...
Can anyone tell me the best magic acher armor I've been looking at so many set but don't know what to get I started trying to get the shadow then the oblivion but I just don't know what's the best for magic archer. Can anyone tell me?

Trophy Armour Set from BBI, before BBI I wear Dragonforged Abyssinal Armour set from online UR-Dragon, it looks nice on my MA Arisen :)
#5xPAxMattx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 7:19:42 PM
So the trophy set is probly the best way to go? and what other pieces of armor should I use with the trophy set?
---
GT:xPAxMattx
#6LIghtFlyrightPosted 6/7/2013 7:24:22 PM
There's also Trophy Bracers and Trophy Boots, both which increase your magick even more.
---
GT:ImmortalOrifice
The truth is the truth with or without consent.
#7DrNick2008Posted 6/7/2013 7:34:22 PM(edited)
xPAxMattx posted...
So the trophy set is probly the best way to go? and what other pieces of armor should I use with the trophy set?

Please note, that when I'm using numbers like I did above, I'm basing that on a lvl 200 Arisen, like I am where my stat growth is long since over.

The trophy set is good for mediocre stat folks like myself, but if my FINAL unenhanced Mag stats were 650 or 700 or higher, I'd totally be rockin' the Oblivion set.

As to the clothes/cape, I just chose ones that had a good combination of Def stats, debilitation reaistances, and probably most importantly... looks. Lol : P

Though, IIRC there are some clothes/capes that buff Str, if you want to add to your dagger skills. The Sovereign's Mantle, the Marshal's Bracers, or Chainmail Bracers come to mind.
---
There's no zodiacal sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#8LIghtFlyrightPosted 6/7/2013 7:34:28 PM
Yea I have a base magic stat in the low 700s so I went for some pieces of the level 3 armor instead of the trophy set, which would give me like 150 more damage that I don't really need. Plus I actually like the look of the yellow vocation lvl 3 armor other than the helmet, which I just use circlets anyways.
---
GT:ImmortalOrifice
The truth is the truth with or without consent.
#9KarathraxPosted 6/7/2013 7:46:37 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
xPAxMattx posted...

Please note, that when I'm using numbers like I did above, I'm basing that on a lvl 200 Arisen, like I am where my stat growth is long since over.

The trophy set is good for mediocre stat folks like myself, but if my FINAL unenhanced Mag stats were 650 or 700 or higher, I'd totally be rockin' the Oblivion set.

As to the clothes/cape, I just chose ones that had a good combination of Def stats, debilitation reaistances, and probably most importantly... looks. Lol : P

Pft. we are too concerned with stats and not necessarily as concerned with good gameplay. I'm all for Fashion Dogma because I'm tired of seeing all archer pawns in Oblivion, including my own. :D

I just did a round through the first half of the dungeon as an MA and MK rocking this:

Laurel's Circlet
Doublet
Vagabond Armour
Gleaming Bangles
Black Gaiters
Foreign Waistguard
Tattered Mantle

The Frostwyrm in the Tower of Treasons Repaid was an interesting fight as an MK because 225 less def made it more important to evade incoming blows, though mag def was only about 75 off from the usual.

I would put Draken in this in a heartbeat if not for a possible reaction of "Auugh, a guy in a skirt!", because it's totally good on him in a Greek god/hero sort of way.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#10chaomasPosted 6/7/2013 7:55:27 PM
I'm going to stay mostly out of this discussion,me and DrNick don't see eye to eye on our MA builds what works for him is awesome and what works for me is awesome, I'm pure magic i have no needs to worry about defense, I'm total offense, kill before you get killed and with only 5 deaths of myself under my belt, i must be doing something right for myself with all mobs and bosses i face, my last death was from the dark bishop and dragon, first time i enter battle with them i got 1 shotted, no matter defense would save you on being one shotted, it's matter of luck of certain mobs that can out right kill you with one shot or blow, but i came back and tore both of them to pieces very fast and next part of BBI is the repository area, so far nothing been hard yet,i faced death 3 times so far.
I killed him twice and had to run on last time he showed up, he popped up when I was facing several other mobs, so had to run then come back and death was gone lol.

But anyways main subject was armour, I'm all for the Trophy Set, oblivion set is nice but me belng pure magic and i put out more damage than anyone else that is not pure magic, the Trophy Armour Set is perfect for me and like DrNick, find a good Magick headpiece and your set.

But like DrNick describe depends on how your build is to what set you may benefit better from.

Each to there own :)