what does Bump mean?

#1Raist74Posted 6/18/2013 11:09:45 PM
What does bump mean lol I've seen it in a lot of posts just wondering the meaning
---
Drew
#2aureliano17Posted 6/18/2013 11:14:01 PM
A bump is a post without content with the sole purpose of pushing a topic to the top.

On topic: Wolves hunt in packs!
#3Raist74(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 11:35:02 PM
Oh ok so you bumped my deal for what reason I'm not trying to push a topic to the top I don't even care about the top what I wanted to do is give back to my fellow DA players that's all plain and simple
---
Drew
#4CincadaPosted 6/18/2013 11:37:20 PM
Raist74 posted...
Oh ok so you bumped my deal for what reason I'm not trying to push a topic to the top I don't even care about the top what I wanted to do is give back to my fellow DA players that's all plain and simple

Haha, no he means the top of the board. As in, it pushes the topic back to the front of the topic list and keeps it from falling off the front page.
---
Xbox360 Gamertag: Cincada
Pawn: Serena (Current Vocation: Ranger **I think**)
#5Raist74(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 11:41:34 PM
Yeah I figured that out lol but I didn't even think anyone responded to the what I mean by paying it forward he was the first to respond and said this deserve a bump all I want to do is help people out like I was helped out I don't think it deserves a bump
---
Drew
#6Raist74(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 11:44:16 PM
Oh carp now I realize man I'm dumb getting posses off for nothing he was trying to keep it on the front page so people could see it man I need to get more sleep lol then won't be to stupid lol
---
Drew
#7Lord_KafrosPosted 6/19/2013 12:59:11 AM
Actually it's an acronym of :
Bring Up My Post =>BUMP

Prevents a topic from beeing lost to obscurity on forums.
---
I find it kind of funny,I find it kind of sad,
The dreams in which I'm dying , are the best I've ever had!