Can someone explain to me how loot works?

#1domesplitter13Posted 6/26/2013 12:08:44 PM
Is it completely random, or does my equiped weaps and armor affect the loot? I thought I read if I'm using daggars for the kill, I'll most likely get daggers. idk.

Or what if my pawn opens the chest?

I seem to find mostly every other Vocation's items except mine, Assassin??

I've been farming Everfall for the last 5 nights or so just trying to get some decent gear prior to starting NG+ and heading into BBI.
---
gt: domesplitter13
#2ZidaneTribalPosted 6/26/2013 12:12:14 PM
The only thing that effects Everfall loot to my knowledge is the RNG.
---
Currently Playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Mass Effect Series (Soldier Playthrough)
GT: Pelendran PSN: Pelendran
#3KarathraxPosted 6/26/2013 12:16:55 PM
Assassins don't have specific things for their vocation until you see some of the more esoteric skill rings as drops in BBI. You are looking for Strider, Ranger and Fighter equipment, primarily. The Assassin and Ranger have some limitations on armor choices, as does the Strider-- they pretty much only wear the lighter armors, not the heavy stuff of the MK, Fighter and Warrior.

Each Gransys and Everfall chest has a unique loot table. It's RNG all the way until you get to BBI; those drops have different 'rules'. All of them are Godsbane-able, meaning that if you save prior to opening the chest (best done with your back turned to the target, and order your pawns "GO!" so they are not all up in your business), and then if you don't want what you've gotten, Godsbane and RETRY. Don't use a Wakestone. This can be done infinitely until you get the object you want-- therefore, looking at the Everfall loot maps on the Wikia site can be very useful.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#4xGenocidestPosted 6/26/2013 12:19:31 PM
Its random. There's a set list for chests in the Everfall (With multiple items with like a 2% chance)
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Everfall

You can save before anyone opens a chest, and use the Godsbane to retry and check the chest again.

IIRC BBI weapons are based on your Vocation when you purify them (And your pawns too, I think. So if you want a sword set both to Fighter before you purify them)
---
-
#5domesplitter13(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 12:43:40 PM
oh, ok. Ya, I haven't got to the point to start Godsbane farming, since I'm still leveling up as I go. (I'm at lvl 70 now) I was thinkin of farming and finishing collecting the last 50 vows until lvl 100, then into BBI, and then into NG+ to finish off some achivs.

So if I'm hearing you right, I'll check the wiki for the specific loot and what class it's for to focus on those particular rooms, but it would not be advised to Farm Everfall for Assassin Armors...right? I'll check out the charts anyhow, it just seemed like a lot of stuff to click through.
---
#6Stardog_MLBPosted 6/26/2013 2:49:26 PM
domesplitter13 posted...
oh, ok. Ya, I haven't got to the point to start Godsbane farming, since I'm still leveling up as I go. (I'm at lvl 70 now) I was thinkin of farming and finishing collecting the last 50 vows until lvl 100, then into BBI, and then into NG+ to finish off some achivs.

So if I'm hearing you right, I'll check the wiki for the specific loot and what class it's for to focus on those particular rooms, but it would not be advised to Farm Everfall for Assassin Armors...right? I'll check out the charts anyhow, it just seemed like a lot of stuff to click through.

Twilight armor is assassins armor... Personally I would just farm the Dark Lorica and Twilight Manicae... And skip the ugly greaves.
---
GT: Somatic Fear
Pawn: Nissassa (Lv.62 Warrior - mitigator/challenger/pioneer)
#7KarathraxPosted 6/26/2013 3:02:18 PM
Before BBI I really liked the Dark Lorica with the Abyssinal Outfit, Ancient Cape, Gleaming Bangles (mag stat add and bare arms :) ), Silver Hosen and Holy Cuisses. It was one of the three favorite outfits I rotated on my pawn-- and I still use it on my Arisen, gold-forged.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#8domesplitter13(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 9:09:22 AM
Sweet, thanks for the tips.

Last night I found the Ancient Cape and have been sportin it. Hopefully I can find some good stuff tonight.
---