Rent and Be Rented Redux #9

#1KarathraxPosted 7/19/2013 7:51:35 PM
Rent and be rented from the list I maintain, the idea here is to gain RC for your fellow players, and earn it when you are, in turn, rented. It is my observation that the most active renters get the benefit of being rented the most.

We will divide levels into groups by 50/100/150/200. If you are 141, then your symbol is <150; 180 is <200, 78 would be <100 and so on.

YOU ARE LIMITED TO TWO GTS. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO RENT AND RETURN TWO PAWNS FROM THE LIST EACH WEEK. The next week will end July 26, 2013. If you join close to the deadline-- I am not an Ogre and will take that into account.

1. Thank yous are required for each time you are rented. This is how I track who is included on the next list. State GT, RC received, review and gift (though listing the latter is optional). As an example:

Thanks are due to:

Meralonne, 123,456 RC, 5* review, and a White Wine

2. The Rent List is updated in response to GF PMs that are sent to my attention. The nice thing about Googledocs is that the link is HERE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjIXb2UTQhvkdFZycWlXaWNwQXJMYlZ5QmlCWWlBYkE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

It reflects changes instantly. The one drawback is you must have a Google ID to view it.

3. If you do not rent from the group, your name/GT will not show up in the Thank You posts. This is grounds for removal from the next list. I will list the non-active GTs prior to doing so and give at least 24 hours notice via a post in the topic called “The Naughty List.” If sufficient thank-yous are posted in the following 24 hours, you’re good. It is not to be construed as a Walk of Shame—this is a courtesy warning.

4. It is the expectation that the high level pawns will be renting the lower to help fill in quest and bestiary knowledge. It is the expectation from the lower level pawns that you will attempt to rent your peers and lower leveled pawns first because of the XP penalty. Anyone here will be happy to accept a FR for lower level usage, but the penalty for using one higher level pawn is around 20% of XP; while this sounds like a lot, you can easily make up for the loss by killin' more ***t with the higher-levels' extreme prejudice… though some people prefer not to rent higher levels because it puts the game into super-easy mode. The more experienced players will be glad to send you something like a Blessed Flower that provides a 2xp earning bonus to offset that XP penalty.

All of this is assumed. Higher levels-- please rent your peers every once in a while.

5. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. We are all gamers here, and we all want our pawns to improve. If you have a suggestion for someone's pawn, make it. Recipients-- take advantage of the advice being offered, there are thousands of hours of experience available here. Do not take it personally if you receive advice you weren't looking for, as advice is subjective. Do not take it personally if your advice is not taken, as advice is subjective. Questions about the game/pawns/leveling are considered on topic.

6. This is a very active topic. The post limit is 500, if it's filled and closed another one will be started.

7. Be excellent to each other. It's a great game, and we have great people here. Trolling will not be tolerated-- you will be immediately dropped/shunned if your behavior is unacceptable and/or odious. Personality conflicts are easily avoided by simply being polite. Gifts are indeed nice, but gifting is totally up to the discretion of the Renter and it is not an expectation.

8. PAWN DEATHS. This is a delicate subject. Yes, you can save frequently and reload to spare your rented pawns the hit to their reputation, as a return to the Rift is ALWAYS 3 stars regardless whether or not you immediately re-rent and review the pawn. Proceed at your discretion.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#2Karathrax(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 7:52:39 PM
Want in? Send me a GameFaqs PM with your information like this:

GT/Pawn Name/Level/Vocation

for example: Karathrax/Draken/200/Ranger-Sorcerer

I will list your pawn in the vocation category stated first if you tell me more than one, but if you are in switching pawn vocations and level up beyond your current group... telling me me via PM is always useful.

If you are concerned about the Naughty List, send me a PM and we'll talk... I don't bite. Much. :D
---
#3adamwaldiePosted 7/19/2013 7:56:30 PM
I am continuing this from Redux #8 - I hope it works...

TheRicFactor posted...
Hokino thanks

The Chozenn
484,086 RC
5* Review

BlogFaqs: Finished up my Daimon runs and released the pawns from adamwaldie and Sassi0666. Let me know how much RC you guys got. I aimed for the cap, but we'll see. Both pawns saved my bacon quite a few times against Daimon as I was having some serious trouble for a while there. Then I realized that my augments were totally messed up. Once fixed it was much easier. I'll probably be playing more on my Tex Evil GT to get that pawn up to snuff, but will leave Hokino on the list. Please feel free to rent her for all your healing/murdering needs. Once I get my other pawn and Arisen the way I want them, I'll feel more at ease taking other pawns along and will throw her on the list.

A HUGE thanks to the Ric Factor - my first 1 million RC rent (wow!), not to mention the apple, 5* rating and 'all the best to you'

@ the Ric Factor - any feedback on Vader? Any suggestions for improvement(s)?

Also, for what it's worth, Veni has continued to prove more than a match for anything encountered on my Daimon runs...she's a beast
#4angelogloriosoPosted 7/19/2013 7:59:56 PM
I should be addable now by the way. :) Thank you Mick65 for the assistance.
---
Never meaning no harm.
GT babytears247
#5DatDarkOnePosted 7/19/2013 8:02:41 PM
Thanks go out to

Kinopenta 197k RC
Novelty lvl 3
You've been raised well!

I currently have iLag's Azaria and Nissassa (I love her look) going on Death hunts right now. Amazing how easy it is to stun lock Death with 10 fold flurry.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
GT: DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita Alt: CujoGojiro Pawn: Cujo
#6Stardog_MLBPosted 7/19/2013 8:06:32 PM
DatDarkOne posted...
Thanks go out to

Kinopenta 197k RC
Novelty lvl 3
You've been raised well!

I currently have iLag's Azaria and Nissassa (I love her look) going on Death hunts right now. Amazing how easy it is to stun lock Death with 10 fold flurry.

Thanks DatDarkOne, unfortunately I'm no longer on the list... I'll get on tonight and post it though! :)
---
GT: Somatic Fear
Pawn: Nissassa (Lv.200 Strider - Scather/Challenger/pioneer)
#7Karathrax(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 8:06:33 PM
angeloglorioso posted...
I should be addable now by the way. :) Thank you Mick65 for the assistance.

And, yes, I see your pawn now. :D
---
#8TheRicFactorPosted 7/19/2013 8:29:35 PM
adamwaldie posted...

TheRicFactor posted...
Hokino thanks

The Chozenn
484,086 RC
5* Review

BlogFaqs: Finished up my Daimon runs and released the pawns from adamwaldie and Sassi0666. Let me know how much RC you guys got. I aimed for the cap, but we'll see. Both pawns saved my bacon quite a few times against Daimon as I was having some serious trouble for a while there. Then I realized that my augments were totally messed up. Once fixed it was much easier. I'll probably be playing more on my Tex Evil GT to get that pawn up to snuff, but will leave Hokino on the list. Please feel free to rent her for all your healing/murdering needs. Once I get my other pawn and Arisen the way I want them, I'll feel more at ease taking other pawns along and will throw her on the list.

A HUGE thanks to the Ric Factor - my first 1 million RC rent (wow!), not to mention the apple, 5* rating and 'all the best to you'

Also, for what it's worth, Veni has continued to prove more than a match for anything encountered on my Daimon runs...she's a beast

Well usually my runs against Daimon go very quickly. I go in and assault him ASAP and take him down to go on to the next run. I will say from what I saw of Vader, he was doing some massive damage to Daimon, and like I mentioned, saved my dumb Arisen on more than one occasion. I don't think I can really suggest improvement right now, but I'll take him out next time for a full BBI run, so I can get a really good look at him. I'll give you a decent breakdown when I do. It'll probably be sometime next week, as I work the weekend overnight. And on that note, off to work!
---
XBL / PSN: TheRicFactor
#9adamwaldiePosted 7/19/2013 8:33:30 PM
TheRicFactor posted...
adamwaldie posted...

TheRicFactor posted...
Hokino thanks

The Chozenn
484,086 RC
5* Review

Well usually my runs against Daimon go very quickly. I go in and assault him ASAP and take him down to go on to the next run. I will say from what I saw of Vader, he was doing some massive damage to Daimon, and like I mentioned, saved my dumb Arisen on more than one occasion. I don't think I can really suggest improvement right now, but I'll take him out next time for a full BBI run, so I can get a really good look at him. I'll give you a decent breakdown when I do. It'll probably be sometime next week, as I work the weekend overnight. And on that note, off to work!

Cool! Thanks!!
#10Sassi666Posted 7/19/2013 8:34:03 PM
Elrina would like to thank

SumIBetarThenU 12,919 RC, cloudwine, 4* was our finest warrior

LethalBman10119 33,299RC, golden egg, 5* has a compelling mystique

TheRicFactor a whopping 581,747 RC, bone lantern, 5* my thanks

not on the list

Baby Angelfyre, Neikun, LazurusNecrosis, Chezecrakr and PANTA999

loads of rents today thanks guys.

And TheRicFactor you wanted a report back 581,747 RC is a huge amount thank you so much. I still have Hokino she's an awesome mage, great at healing and combat :)
---
GT Sassi0666: Pawn Elrina(Ranger) 110+.
Alt GT Sassi666: Pawn Erin (Sorcerer/mage) 200