MK and Perpetuation

#1DrNick2008Posted 8/1/2013 12:39:33 PM
For the MK vets out there....

I was thinking about doing some MK BBI rounds. As I was setting up my augments, I got to Perpetuation (which has always been in my MK augments line-up) when I realized that I actually don't know if it helps the MK.

So, I ran a few tests with and without Perpetuation with the skills that I typically use...

Perpetuation ... With / Without (seconds) *
- Ruinous Sigil ... 30 / 30
- Great Cannon ... 20 / 20
- Abyssal Anguish ... 90 / 90
- Blessed Trance ... 60 / 48
- Blessed Riposte ... 120 / 120

As you can see, my testing revealed that only Blessed Trance was affected by Perpetuation.

It's been a bit since I actively played MK, so maybe the current MK vets knew this already. So, tell me... am I the last person to realize that Perpetuation isn't an effective MK augment? :)

* - I measured each individual skill the same way... though depending on the skill, some were measured upon bumper release, others measured from end of the graphic.
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#2TheRicFactorPosted 8/1/2013 12:47:19 PM
Yup, never bothered with perpetuation. Used it once, noticed it didn't help my Abyssal Anguish and after that never bothered with it again.
---
XBL / PSN: TheRicFactor
#3hardmerchandisePosted 8/1/2013 12:47:58 PM
I've been playing my MK a lot lately and I was actually wondering about this. Thanks for the info! Now to go ahead and remove that augment haha. What about the ones that decrease casting times, and the wyrmking's ring? I've read those DO affect things? I'm a total MK noob, so this is all news to me.
---
GT: hardmerchandise, DominantWeevil7, Smooperman2000
DD:DA Pawns: Aryana 200 Sorc, Selenia <100 Mage, Aeken <150 Ranger
#4KarathraxPosted 8/1/2013 12:54:02 PM
I've always used Perpetuation, for exactly the reason that it did increase the duration of a trance. But combined with armor that has the duration of equipped skills' enchantment' that's where I notice a longer duration. Maybe that should be specifically tested to see how long it really can be?

The other new oddity for trances is that it appears to be affected by range, thereby making it hit or miss in Lament for the benefit of the rest of the party.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Mommmm! Not THAT game again!
#5Derdak54Posted 8/1/2013 1:00:59 PM
hardmerchandise posted...
I've been playing my MK a lot lately and I was actually wondering about this. Thanks for the info! Now to go ahead and remove that augment haha. What about the ones that decrease casting times, and the wyrmking's ring? I've read those DO affect things? I'm a total MK noob, so this is all news to me.

it works for both MK/MA , articulacy + wyrmking ring stack together to give something around -30% casting time .

never used perpetuation on my MKs , i rather use emphasis and impact to give some punch to both physical and mag attacks . completed by the usual augments , articulacy , clout , acuity and sinew .
---
GTs: Derdak54 , GRDvStingray69 , ArisenNemesis00 , BadAstronaut38
-----Tessa_Sorc -- Felli_Mage ------ Myu_ Strider ---- Miranda_Ranger
#6KarathraxPosted 8/1/2013 1:19:27 PM
There's the difference, Derdak, I don't use Clout or Vehemence because my str stat is relatively insignificant in comparison to mag. Interesting. :D My go-to augments are acuity, emphasis, Attunement, perpetuation. For the online Ur, I add bloodlust and impact, so I will try dropping perpetuation for clout to see if I get a little more bang.
---
#7Derdak54Posted 8/1/2013 1:25:30 PM
Karathrax posted...
There's the difference, Derdak, I don't use Clout or Vehemence because my str stat is relatively insignificant in comparison to mag. Interesting. :D My go-to augments are acuity, emphasis, Attunement, perpetuation. For the online Ur, I add bloodlust and impact, so I will try dropping perpetuation for clout to see if I get a little more bang.

i think you should , if you take into account that GC is split into 40/60 strg to mag .
40% from 1200 strg is better than 40% from 600 , i suppose , i hate math anyway :P
---
GTs: Derdak54 , GRDvStingray69 , ArisenNemesis00 , BadAstronaut38
-----Tessa_Sorc -- Felli_Mage ------ Myu_ Strider ---- Miranda_Ranger
#8DrNick2008(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 1:27:18 PM
Karathrax posted...
For the online Ur, I add bloodlust and impact...

I don't understand why use Impact against the online. Does it effect GCs hit by FMS? Do you use physical attacks directly on Urdy's hearts? Does Impact give extra oomph to a perfect block?
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#9Ghost_of_KirinPosted 8/1/2013 1:31:28 PM
Like Ric, because it did nothing to prolong Abyssal Anguish but Blessed Trance, I never bothered with it. And I only rely on Blessed Trance rarely, takes far too long to enchant to the second tier and even then it doesn't last all that long, with or without the Augment in question.
---
Justin Bailey
Gamertag: Ghost of Kirin
#10KarathraxPosted 8/1/2013 1:50:22 PM
Because Impact is a percentage modifier on knockdown from physical damage, akin to Emphasis being a knockdown add to magical damage.
---