Whats the most rented and useful pawn to create?

#1MortsllemPosted 8/14/2013 2:59:05 AM
I went with a Ranger, as my main guy already gets in the thick of things and I found mages for healing to be too unreliable as they don't always do it or get distracted easily, instead just relying on healing items. The ranger is great for me as he targets the long range boss baddies in their weak spots and generally helps me out alot.

The down side is his inclination keeps going back to Guardian for some reason i'm not sure of (I don't issue commands at him and let him do his thing), I keep switching his inclinations but I still don't get alot of renting from him. So any advice would be brilliant. I didn't bother making him a female hot looking elf with skimpy clothing, so maybe that's my problem!

I wish you could start your pawn from scratch without restarting the game, as there are a few things I could change with better knowledge of the game mechanics
---
#2Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 8/14/2013 4:40:53 AM
Wat is ur:

level
inclinations
augments
skill set

i think this should help us(well, im no help) help u!

help us, help u!
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#3Mortsllem(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 4:47:32 AM
Level 154 give or take a level

I think my inclinations are Guardian (it just set itself back to that, annoyingly) I believe the second is Scather. My Augments are basically just stat and health boosters.

I havent got all his gear dragonforged, so i'm sure once I take care of that he will be more popular.
---
#4meralonnePosted 8/14/2013 10:19:30 AM
Go over to the Encampment and talk to Johnathan. He's the pawn hanging out next to the Riftstone. Purchase inclination potions from him to get rid of the Guardian inclination.

I'd suggest buying around 10 of the one you want most, 7 of the one you want as secondary and 3 of a tertiary. For a Ranger, I'd go with Challenger, Mitigator or Utilitarian (personally). Drink the potions for Tertiary first, secondary second, and Primary last. That should get rid of Guardian for a bit.

You'll also want to avoid using the "Help" command on the D-pad (right).
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#5shoe7essPosted 8/14/2013 1:27:51 PM
Personally, I look at equipment and stats first. If an arisen doesn't love his pawn enough to at least 2-3* his gear, then I generally won't rent the pawn. Also, the inclination helps a lot, and if you have a decent set up, your mage would probably have turned out better (I used a mage for about 100 levels, got tons of RC because of it too).

I know I always form my party with at least one mage, so that has to be up there for a pawn that would be rented pretty regularly I would think.
---
PSN/GT: shoe7ess DD Pawn: Swiftikins - Sorcerer <200
Alternate GT: shoe7ess2 Pawn: La Tigresa - Ranger <50
#6Dtothe3Posted 8/14/2013 2:21:41 PM
Pretty sure a Ranger with Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator is about to get **** hot.
---
I used to be capable of having children. Then I took an arrow in the knee... Xbox tag - Dtothe3
#7AxisDudePosted 8/14/2013 2:27:17 PM
Dtothe3 posted...
Pretty sure a Ranger with Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator is about to get **** hot.

Yeah right now all my pawns (but 1) are ranger for the stat gains and they are all set to this for that reason
---
GT: Ruinedtruth Pawn: Squint / Ranger lvl 130+
Alt GT: RuinedVoid Pawn: Talwin / Strider lvl 60+ (leveling combo of ranger and warrior)
#8KarathraxPosted 8/14/2013 3:05:06 PM(edited)
...Assuming that pawn's bestiary knowledge is complete, gentlemen. Otherwise, the takeaway from a subsequent post in that discussion is that Utilitarian in the primary position doesn't work for that pawn as there is insufficient knowledge for Utilitarian to form correct team tactics.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Mommmm! Not THAT game again!
#9hardmerchandisePosted 8/14/2013 3:05:54 PM
Mages seem popular with your everyday players of DD. my Mage gets seriously at least 5 different rents per day, sometimes upwards of 20.

The "vets" or people on this board tend to all have their preferences. Many don't run with mages anymore, especially after level 120 or so, and just use curatives. Rangers seem to be popular due to their immense physical power and range. Striders are hugely popular for Ur Hunters. Sorcerers have their own cult for people like me who use 3 sorcs all the time.

I'm not sure there's any one overall most popular. If you look on the top rated pawns, there's quite a variety. It all just depends on how the player plays.
---
GT: hardmerchandise, DominantWeevil7, Smooperman2000
DD:DA Pawns: Aryana 200 Sorc, Selenia <150 Mage, Aeken 200 Ranger
#10007ReaperPosted 8/18/2013 8:06:41 AM
I agree with the last comment. It really depends on what people are doing from UR hunts to BBI, I changed my pawn immediately to strider with thousand kisses and hailstorm volley when I heard of the temporary nerf on the UR and got tons of rents, Ranger has become the most popular class in BBI ultalitarian built, 2nd would be Sorc/or mage, eh strider next. These are just some personal observations however. Well there are those who have different play styles, because I play MA and very OP I don't need Rangers not even a tiny bit, neither Striders, I just need something to tank and hold Arggo and Fighters do this the best. I always have my 2 fighters and a Mage mostly, usualy when I hire rangers or sorc, etc its because I am helping a friend or my biased guilt kicks in and tells me to help other classes out Haha.
---
XBL XxReaperxX 007, Pawn Yamino Hikari ( Light of Darkness) 200 Fighter Maw Opt
XBL GoLD3nH3r0(zero), Pawn Kage-Hikari ( Shadow of Light) 110 Fighter Maw Opt