Rent and Be Rented Redux #15

#1KarathraxPosted 8/14/2013 11:49:00 PM
Rent and be rented from the list I maintain, the idea here is to gain RC for your fellow players, and earn it when you are, in turn, rented. It is my observation that the most active renters get the benefit of being rented the most.

We will divide levels into groups by 50/100/150/200. If you are 141, then your symbol is <150; 180 is <200, 78 would be <100 and so on.

YOU ARE LIMITED TO LISTING TWO GTS. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO RENT AND RETURN TWO PAWNS FROM THE LIST EACH WEEK. The next week will end August 16, 2013. If you join close to the deadline-- I am not an Ogre and will take that into account.

1. Thank yous are required for each time you are rented. This is how I track who is included on the next list. State GT, RC received, review and gift (though listing gift and comment is optional). As an example:

Thanks are due to:

Meralonne, 123,456 RC, 5*, and the return of Ambrosial Meat

2. The Rent List is updated in response to GAMEFAQS PMs that are sent to my attention. The nice thing about Googledocs is that the link is HERE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjIXb2UTQhvkdFZycWlXaWNwQXJMYlZ5QmlCWWlBYkE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

It reflects changes instantly. The one drawback is you must have a Google ID to view it.

3. If you do not rent from the group, your name/GT will not show up in the Thank You posts. This is grounds for removal from the next list. I will list the non-active GTs prior to doing so and give at least 24 hours notice via a post in the topic called “The Naughty List.” If sufficient thank-yous are posted in the following 24 hours, you’re good. It is not to be construed as a Walk of Shame—this is a courtesy warning. PM me with your concerns and we'll talk!

4. It is the expectation that the high level pawns will be renting the lower to help fill in quest and bestiary knowledge. It is the expectation from the lower level pawns that you will attempt to rent your peers and lower leveled pawns first because of the XP penalty. Anyone here will be happy to accept a FR for lower level usage, but the penalty for using one higher level pawn is around 20% of XP; while this sounds like a lot, you can easily make up for the loss by killin' more ***t with the higher-levels' extreme prejudice… though some people prefer not to rent higher levels because it puts the game into super-easy mode. The more experienced players will be glad to send you something like a Blessed Flower that provides a 2xp earning bonus to offset that XP penalty.

All of this is assumed. Higher levels-- please rent your peers every once in a while.

5. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. We are all gamers here, and we all want our pawns to improve. If you have a suggestion for someone's pawn, make it. Recipients-- take advantage of the advice being offered, there are thousands of hours of experience available here. Do not take it personally if you receive advice you weren't looking for, as advice is subjective. Do not take it personally if your advice is not taken, as advice is subjective. Questions about the game/pawns/leveling are considered on topic.

6. This is a very active topic. The post limit is 500, if it's filled and closed another one will be started.

7. Be excellent to each other. It's a great game, and we have great people here. Trolling will not be tolerated. You will be immediately dropped/shunned if your behavior is unacceptable and/or odious. Personality conflicts are easily avoided by simply being polite. Gifts are nice, but gifting is up to the discretion of the Renter, not an expectation.

8. PAWN DEATHS. This is a delicate subject. You can save frequently and reload to spare your rented pawns the hit to their reputation as a return to the Rift is ALWAYS 3 stars regardless whether or not you immediately re-rent and review the pawn. Proceed at your discretion.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
Mommmm! Not THAT game again!
#2Karathrax(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 11:49:56 PM
<------ Want in? All you need to do is PM me here on Gamefaqs with your GT, pawn's name, vocation and level.

And please send me your UPDATES!
---
#3TheRicFactorPosted 8/14/2013 11:50:40 PM
FUNKY FRESH TOPIC!
---
XBL / PSN: TheRicFactor
#4tinyjotunPosted 8/14/2013 11:51:51 PM
I swear, gamefaqs hates me, being hypocritical against me. :(

oh, BTW, HOLA!
#5War_PurePosted 8/14/2013 11:52:48 PM
These topics go fast. o.O
---
GT: warpure
#6hardmerchandisePosted 8/14/2013 11:55:07 PM
tinyjotun posted...

oh, BTW, HOLA!

You too huh?

Also, Kara, is Draken SUPPOSED to be a Scather? I know you just changed his inclinations today so I doubt it climbed so fast, which leads me to believe you intended such?
---
GT: hardmerchandise, DominantWeevil7, Smooperman2000
DD:DA Pawns: Aryana 200 Sorc, Selenia <150 Mage, Aeken 200 Ranger
#7Karathrax(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 11:56:46 PM
Absolutely intentional. It's for Great Gamble. ;D

I am having a BLAST with him, hahhah-- last night he shot a Great Gamble directly into my Great Cannon and instantly killed two Gorecyclops.
---
#8Sassi666Posted 8/14/2013 11:57:16 PM
hardmerchandise posted...
tinyjotun posted...

oh, BTW, HOLA!

You too huh?

Also, Kara, is Draken SUPPOSED to be a Scather? I know you just changed his inclinations today so I doubt it climbed so fast, which leads me to believe you intended such?

I wondered that too until I read Ghost's thread on utilitarian rangers, I think Kara is trying out some of his suggestions.
---
GT Sassi501: Pawn Damocles lvl 200 sorcerer Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator
Alt GT Sassi0666: Pawn Elrina(Ranger) 170+.
#9Sassi666Posted 8/14/2013 11:59:05 PM
ninjaed by Kara :P
---
#10Sassi666Posted 8/15/2013 12:00:15 AM
Karathrax posted...
Absolutely intentional. It's for Great Gamble. ;D

I am having a BLAST with him, hahhah-- last night he shot a Great Gamble directly into my Great Cannon and instantly killed two Gorecyclops.

holy cow that sounds awesome :) I was tempted to try great gamble out on Damocles when he was a baby ranger, but he didn't have a lot of stamina at the time.
---