Rent and Be Rented Redux #17

#1hardmerchandisePosted 8/23/2013 12:07:42 PM
Posted for Karathrax, who is offline ATM

Welcome to the Rent Group. I am Fearless Leader, Benevolent Dictator… and Keeper of the Rent List.

YOU ARE LIMITED TO LISTING TWO GTS. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO RENT AND RETURN TWO PAWNS FROM THE LIST EACH WEEK. The next week will end August 23, 2013. You may join at any time; I will be fair if you join close to the deadline.

The Rent List is updated in response to GAMEFAQS PMs that are sent to my attention. The nice thing about Googledocs is that the link is HERE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjIXb2UTQhvkdFZycWlXaWNwQXJMYlZ5QmlCWWlBYkE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Refresh it often, it changes. The one drawback is you must have a Google ID to view it.

THE RULES:

1. A posted Thank You is required in a specific format for each time you are rented. This is how I track rents for who is included on the next list. An example:

Thanks are due to:

Dorkmeister; 123,456 RC; 5/5/5*; Sour Ambrosial Meat

NOTE THE SEMI-COLON! Listing the rating, gift and a comment is optional.

If you miss some of this information because you haven’t learned how to check information in your rentals, that’s ok… we’ll teach you how to do that.

2. If you do not rent from the group, your name/GT will not show up in the Thank You posts. This is grounds for removal from the next list. I will list the non-active GTs prior to doing so and give at least 24 hours notice via a post in the topic called “The Naughty List.” If sufficient thank-yous are posted in the following 24 hours, you’re all good.

It is not to be construed as a Walk of Shame—the Naughty List is a courtesy warning, not necessarily impending doom. PM me with your concerns and we'll talk!

This is not the place to list your name and then never be heard from again. The group expects EVERYONE to be an active renter and post received thanks, too! Yes, the Rent Topic is a chatty one, you need not participate in the conversation. Posting your rent thanks is sufficient.

Rent whomever you like. There should be no need to pay RC for any pawn in the Rent Group, feel free to send someone a Friend Request. Unless the person’s list is full, I highly doubt it will be refused.

3. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. We are all gamers here, and we all want our pawns to improve. If you have a suggestion for someone's pawn, make it. Recipients-- take advantage of the advice being offered, there are thousands of hours of experience available here. Do not take it personally if you receive advice you weren't looking for, as advice is subjective. Do not take it personally if your advice is not taken, as advice is subjective.

Questions about the game/pawns/leveling are considered on topic.

4. This is a very active topic. The post limit is 500, if it's filled and closed another one will be started.

5. Be excellent to each other. It's a great game, and we have great people here. Trolling will not be tolerated. You will be immediately dropped/shunned if your behavior is unacceptable and/or odious. Personality conflicts are easily avoided by simply being polite. Gifts are nice, but gifting is totally up to the discretion of the Renter and is not an expectation.
---
GT: hardmerchandise, DominantWeevil7, Smooperman2000
DD:DA Pawns: Aryana 200 Sorc, Selenia <150 Mage, Aeken 200 Ranger
#2hardmerchandise(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 12:09:58 PM
Want in? PM Karathrax with your information:

GT, Pawn's Name, current level, vocation.

She updates the list when she receives GameFaqs PMs with this information, plus she will update changes to name, vocation, and level when she's told. ;D

She is implementing a change in the rent thanks to assist her in the timely preparation of the Naughty List. If she is late with the Naughty List, it causes unnecessary stress on the members.

So. Go ye forth and... rent pawns!
---
#3meralonnePosted 8/23/2013 12:11:58 PM
Tip: Carrying a Blessed Flower increases not only your XP, it also indirectly increases the RC your rented pawns receive.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#4hardmerchandise(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 12:16:36 PM
hardmerchandise posted...
Sassi666 posted...

Sassi666 posted...

Damocles would like to thank

hardmerchandise; 1,852 RC; 5*; grandgrapes; employed skills masterfully

Eizenekcm Reeps0; 402,935 RC; 5*; BBW lvl 3; employed skills masterfully

not on the list ReliantHen74289

thank you all guys :)

Apparently that's how many RCs you get for one griffin and 3 oxen on hard mode lol.

Still no third star on griffin after 22 griffin kills. Tried every tactic on wiki, still no luck. Must be something I'm not doing right.

Hmm well just looked at Damocles's Griffin kill count and it's 4 o_O so it must not record on the record sheet those done while he's away so can't help you there.

No, the record sheet is only YOUR kills, which is not his kills. If you're like me and ever ran solo, your pawn might even have LESS kills than your sheet shows. Damocles was with me for a total of like 13 kills, plus he learned from the third griffin scroll, which is why he popped. Aryana for sure has AT LEAST 15 kills under her belt (my kill count is now 24), so I know it's some tactic I haven't pulled off correctly, and I can't figure out what. After chain killing 14 Griffins in a row however, I got sick of it and went back to my alt lol.

I know Aryana has had all 3 scrolls.
I know she has killed at least 15 griffins.
I know she has been springboarded onto a griffin that was hovering.
I know she has lit a griffin's wings ablaze.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I might be missing? I've been sitting around right before Deny Salvation on hard mode to try and get my 3 stars on Griffins before they poof from the game, and I'd really like to go ahead and get my sweet hardmode rewards lol.

---
#5TheSilentMiragePosted 8/23/2013 12:20:34 PM
My thanks to

InhumaneComet; 116,186 RC; 5/5/5*; Pretty Stone
---
GT: TheMetalMirage
Rent my pawn Sierra and I'll gladly return the favor.
#6meralonnePosted 8/23/2013 12:30:10 PM

I don't think "springboarding" is one of the requirements. If memory serves, you must either (a) perform a perfect block of the griffin's lunging beak attack or (b) see it happen.
---
#7hardmerchandise(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 12:42:21 PM
meralonne posted...

I don't think "springboarding" is one of the requirements. If memory serves, you must either (a) perform a perfect block of the griffin's lunging beak attack or (b) see it happen.

Supposedly that's what scroll three teaches. I'm pretty sure I've also succeeded in doing this, but maybe not.
---
#8DanOverboardPosted 8/23/2013 12:44:23 PM
meralonne posted...
... or (b) see it happen.

I lol'ed so hard here cause all I could think about is job training and thinking "good enough, I'll remember that..."
---
GT: DanOnFire
DD:DA Pawn - Marshuul, Sorcerer, Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator, heartthrob
#9meralonnePosted 8/23/2013 12:48:14 PM
meralonne posted...

Supposedly that's what scroll three teaches. I'm pretty sure I've also succeeded in doing this, but maybe not.

I'll check my scrolls when I get home. There appears to be some overlap between Griffin and Cockatrice as well.
---
#10AgentSergeiPosted 8/23/2013 12:49:09 PM
imposter
---
GT: DVAted
Pawn: Hoster - Ranger - Lvl130