Hiring and Using Caster Pawns FAQ

#11robert43sPosted 9/23/2013 8:34:32 AMmessage detail
Very well written. I too have stopped using third tier rings on sorcerers. They are though ok in some circumstances (Arisen/pawn combo. Whilst the pawn is charging up for attack, the arisen may unleash two or more attacks on tier one). My sorcerer is instead equipped with two saviour rings, giving an extra 1000 HP and 1000 Stamina. Useful for a maxed sorcerer. Need to check whether I have a better mag/stamina ring though.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk - level 200 Strider
GT: DragonHunter720 - level 200 Sorcerer
#12DatDarkOnePosted 9/23/2013 8:46:17 AMmessage detail
Nicely done Coolfire. sticky requested also.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
GT: DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita Alt: CujoGojiro Pawn: Cujo
#13Pyth_the_BullPosted 9/23/2013 9:15:01 AMmessage detail
In summation, just hire a Ranger ;]
---
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
#14Derdak54Posted 9/23/2013 9:20:37 AMmessage detail
well done , good job coolfire :)
sticky requested !
---
GTs: Derdak54 , GRDvStingray69 , ArisenNemesis00 , BadAstronaut38
-----Tessa_Sorc ---- Felli_Sorc ------- Myu_ Strider ----- Miranda_Strider
#15EdgeofLethePosted 9/23/2013 9:29:48 AMmessage detail(edited)
Nifty work, coolfire. Pin requested!

Whoa, looks like it got pinned just now!
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#16coolfire1357(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 9:39:09 AMmessage detail
@ robert - yeah, I used to use the 3rd tier rings too, only on the arisen, but now I just go for the mag/str up rings, and the one Savior I have.

@ all - thanks! A GREAT deal of thanks goes to my contributors who put in a lot of time making vids, sorting through screenshots, digging up stuff from older posts and proofing. My thanks to them in particular.
---
GTs: iamsiamesifuplz, ManicKalamityK
"Are you still playing that game?" - my family
#17Jules_McGrulesPosted 9/24/2013 9:04:44 AMmessage detail
Coming from a PS3 user, this is quite useful. My thanks as well. X)
#18CatfishWigginsPosted 9/24/2013 10:34:18 PMmessage detail
Hmm. Surprised to see this as a sticky, and even more surprised to see no mention of Legion's Might.

Legion's Might is the fuel behind tank Mages, which can tank melee units almost as good as fighters, but tank ranged units way better than fighters do.
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.
#19Ghost_of_KirinPosted 9/25/2013 3:43:37 AMmessage detail(edited)
CatfishWiggins posted...
Hmm. Surprised to see this as a sticky, and even more surprised to see no mention of Legion's Might.

This should be a sticky! And I, along with myriad others, are glad that this is a sticky!

I am surprised that you even brought Legion's Might up, which I can sum its worth in just three words: IT IS USELESS!

It's more for a lower leveled players than the higher leveled players. The natural progression of this game dictates the usefulness of this weapon until a more powerful weapon is procured, along with augments and armor (especially Bitterblack Armor) for better defenses.

You can negate the use of Legion's Might with Augments such as Bastion and Awareness -- and with the use of curatives too, especially group potions such as Steel Nut Salve -- in favor for Dominion Claw. Not to mention the Armor boosts that heal or reduce debilitation affliction.

Further more, it's down to how the Arisen plays that engages the enemy's fixation on them as opposed to their Main or Support Pawns which leaves time for the Mage Pawn/s to heal themselves or others whilst still being a powerful Mage. Taking all of what I've said into account: You can't be powerful, but useless with Legion's Might though.

Tanked Fighters can pack one heck of a punch, Legion's Might Tankers, nuh-uh, not so!
---
Justin Bailey
| Gamertag: Ghost of Kirin | MK Ur-Dragon run: http://youtu.be/jtkfQCqYzgM |
#20CatfishWigginsPosted 9/25/2013 8:55:26 PMmessage detail
Your opinion makes me feel like you probably haven't tried it. I use three Min/Max Legion's Might pawns and they're amazing. They kill off non-boss enemies very quickly and they keep Daimon's attention 100% without me ever having to rez them.

For non end game, they're even more amazing. They destroy enemies at range (except Golems of course) and they never need to be healed or picked back up. Still have to visit the Rift when one of them falls in the Brine though. :/
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.