Dragons Dogma(Vanilla) Pawn Rental

#11game_wiz101Posted 10/19/2013 12:51:32 PM
Grim, I'm going to rent your pawn again. I'm about to storm the Shadow Fort and fight the nearby drake after, so if your pawn earns nothing twice, then something is up. Either way, I'll post my pawn here as well.

Name: Toph BeiFong (Female)
Vocation: Sorcerer
Level: 32
Skills: Seism/-/- + Fire Aff/Holy Aff/-
Inclination: Scather

*Note that this was an idea in progress. Those who recognize the name should see the theme, but I'm on a path to change it due to concerns with practicality.
---
People, especially children, are inherently evil. - Omega Gilgamesh
GT: SmokyJoMama
#12GrimKusanagi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 1:15:39 PM
I just took Toph through the Everfall and stormed the Shadow Fort myself. Maybe this time it will work. I just released her.
---
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragon's Dogma
Pawn: Lashara / Mage
#13Axel_GunshinPosted 10/19/2013 1:47:56 PM
game_wiz101 posted...
Grim, I'm going to rent your pawn again. I'm about to storm the Shadow Fort and fight the nearby drake after, so if your pawn earns nothing twice, then something is up. Either way, I'll post my pawn here as well.

Inclination: Scather

*Note that this was an idea in progress. Those who recognize the name should see the theme, but I'm on a path to change it due to concerns with practicality.

If she's blind then two thumbs up.
---
XBL Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I
#14DrNick2008Posted 10/19/2013 2:14:47 PM
game_wiz101 posted...
Inclination: Scather.

The bolded areas are big mistakes for a sorcerer pawn. Big ones. Read the "Hiring and Using Caster Pawns FAQ" sticky to discover why...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/67313337

This sticky is quite well written on how to create battle effective sorcerer pawns, including picking inclinations (like why Scather is not good), augments, spells (including why having 2 elemental buffs is not advisable), weapons, etc...
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#15game_wiz101Posted 10/19/2013 2:33:04 PM
I was aware of the problem with scather, but not the boon spells, so thanks for that info. I haven't change the inclination yet because I'm saving for the morph potion. I just slept at an inn and still no RC gained. I think I may be boned there. Luckily I found enough regular crystals. I'm returning your pawn now, Grim.

And Axel, I gave her white eyes to resemble blindness. Feel free to look her up if you can before I change her. If the morph allows even a name change, she's going to be Korra instead.
---
#16KarathraxPosted 10/19/2013 2:54:48 PM
It does. However, keep in mind that the 5,000 RC version is one-use only. Once you close that editor, it's gone for good. That's the Art of Metamorphosis.

I'm inclined to think that the second version, for 10,000 RC and only available later in the game, is a better buy because then the character editor is a permanent addition to your game's second loading screen. The second version is the Secret of Metamorphosis and once bought, it's good for the lifetime of your save game.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#17DrNick2008Posted 10/19/2013 3:06:53 PM
game_wiz101 posted...
I was aware of the problem with scather, but not the boon spells, so thanks for that info. I haven't change the inclination yet because I'm saving for the morph potion. I just slept at an inn and still no RC gained. I think I may be boned there. Luckily I found enough regular crystals. I'm returning your pawn now, Grim.

And Axel, I gave her white eyes to resemble blindness. Feel free to look her up if you can before I change her. If the morph allows even a name change, she's going to be Korra instead.

Basically, as listed above, you have 1 nuke spell and that's it (except for the 2 elemental buffs). Not advisable, especially since your sorcerer is a scather and will likely get interrupted a lot. You should have at least one quick cast and ranged spell -- I like ingle, in addition to a few nukes. I'd do as Kara suggested and wait until the the "Secret of..." is avaiable for 10k RC as it gives unlimited changes. Use your RCs to change your inclination now otherwise, your Scather sorcerer is basically useless.

Also IMO, Seism is not advisable in Gransys as it takes such a long time to cast and it is very limited by area (with Scather it will be interrupted more often than not). I use it on BBI (DA expansion) because of the enclosed spaces. For your nuke spells, you'd be much better off with bolide, gicel, and fulmination -- these 3 at the very least. Maelstrom is also extremely destructive.
---
#18game_wiz101Posted 10/19/2013 3:15:47 PM
The sooner my pawn gets hired, the sooner I can change what's needed ;)
---
#19DrNick2008Posted 10/19/2013 5:37:37 PM(edited)
game_wiz101 posted...
The sooner my pawn gets hired, the sooner I can change what's needed ;)

You're probably gonna have to depend on those pity rents rolling in, as about 99% of players here are playing DA, not vanilla DD.

If you want to depend on random rentals from the rift, you should change your pawn ASAP as many folks wouldn't hire your pawn as equipped or as a Scather. You said yourself that you have RCs, but you want to hold out for the metamorphosis scroll. That is short-sided and foolish. If you make your pawn more effective in battle, then they will be rented more. Plus, if you're short if RCs, you just need to buy one utilitarian potion and one challenger potion, and then have the Black Cat make copies for you. It's much easier to get gold than RCs in vanilla DD.
---
#20GrimKusanagi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 1:41:15 PM
Update and a Thank You

Updates

Version: Dragon's Dogma: Vanilla
Pawns Name: Lashara
Class: Mage
Current Level: 33
Inclination: P: Challenge / S: Utilitarian
Current Skills: P: High Ingle / Frigor / Fire Affinity - S: High Anodyne / High Grapnel / High Brontide

I would also like to thank TheRustyFork for a rental.
---
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragon's Dogma
Pawn: Lashara / Mage