Rent and Be Rented Redux #25

#491DialingAsh38Posted 10/29/2013 10:55:26 AM
Illana sends her thanks to:

Ric Prime; 305026 RC; 5/5/5*; Gold Egg; You have a style about you.

And off list thanks to:

CoolCardShark, 145155 RC, 3/3/3*

RohrGamer, 424796 RC, 5/5/5*, BBI Level 3 Armor, Excelled in all regards.

Thanks so much!
---
GT-DialingAsh38; Pawn-Illana (200 Sorcerer, Util/Chal/Mit)
#492DrNick2008Posted 10/29/2013 10:59:20 AM
datmusictho posted...
Rent me:) I just figured out how to fix inclinations (funny I know) and would really like some feed back. lvl 108 warrior, inclinations Scather, Utilitarian.

Ugh... I really hate Utilitarian in melee pawns. They have an oh-so annoying tendency to pick up and restrain enemies and ask the Arisen to take the kill shot. I am often running around myself and don't either notice or am not in a position to do so. What makes it all the more infuriating is that if the Arisen does not take that kill shot, the pawn simply lets the enemy go free. Argh!

As I said... I hate utilitarian in melee pawns.
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#493dolosmith08Posted 10/29/2013 11:07:50 AM
Hey everyone looking to help with RC as well as gain some. Feel free to send me a friend request doing bitterblack farming.

XBOX GT/ PLANET HULK 515

MAIN-SARABI assassin- 200

main pawn-ZURYII-Strider-200

Version-Dark Arisen
#494Karathrax(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 11:28:05 AM
That's a common thought, Dr. Nick. Pick up a Goblin and throw it at a Utilitarian-primary Fighter or Warrior and see what happens when you also have a Utilitarian-primary Ranger or Strider in the party.

>:D May take a throw or two to get them going... hahah!
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#495datmusicthoPosted 10/29/2013 11:33:23 AM
what are the most desireable inclinations to have in a warrior pawn? lol or what do you guys find is most beneficial?
---
GT:SublimedCheetah Pawn:Marco
#496Karathrax(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 11:40:35 AM(edited)
Depends on the player doing the hiring, to be honest. There are different playstyles, and therefore different pawn inclinations work better for them. I like Utilitarians because as an MK, they work together as a flawless team. As a Ranger or Assassin, no pawn (even my own, who is well thought of) makes any contributory difference to me because I'm moving and shooting so fast that none of them get a chance to do anything other than the occasional elemental buff.

So... it's a weasel answer for a reason. :D

That said, for a Warrior, the three inclinations that serve well are Challenger, Scather, Pioneer, and influenced somewhere by Utilitarian. If you want to discourage holds, then bury Utilitarian down in fourth or lower.

---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#497drunkenpirate24Posted 10/29/2013 12:01:33 PM
Just wondering if there were any kind souls here that live in Chicago area? GF thought it would be good to keep me in bed to recover so she put my crutch across the room. While I think it's sweet she cares and everything, I really need to use the bathroom.

Also need to send thanks to

Dragoon Fenix; 11 RC; 5/5/5; NA

Guess you didn't like new setup for Marcus. Will have another look at what to change once I get my controller.
---
GT: d4RK FaLLen
#498drdumael028Posted 10/29/2013 12:14:15 PM
Karathrax posted...
drdumael028 posted...
@Karathrax

Just wonderin'. Are you one of the devs of this game? I mean, you're pretty knowledgeable of about almost everything. I'm just amazed. :D

Hahah, no, I'm the first to admit I'm OBSESSED.

And, /blogfaqs, when I found GameFaqs, I was already level 150, and, being only five months into console playing, had no clue about stat allocation and leveling for a purpose-- and I was already past the point of no return for my main's Arisen and pawn. At the time, the prevailing thought was "OMGufool, anything but a min/max Arisen and/or pawn is the suxxors." Not only that, I could not shoot either accurately or quickly enough with either a shortbow or longbow, whatsoever-- and I didn't figure out how to charge and release the holy-buffed focus bolt until I was already level 200! Now, when I'm playing Ranger, Strider or Assassin, whatever weapon hangs at my waist is decorative unless I'm climbing the online Ur.

So, I set out to prove the min/max assertion to my own personal satisfaction by figuring out what makes the game 'tick', by playing. And playing. Annnnnd playing some more.

(And the answer to that assertion is an unequivocal... NO, and it never was necessary in the first place since the game's that well designed. If someone wants to play a min/max, then one should do so because the player WANTS to, no other reason. :D)

Haha. Sorry about the Q. My curiousity got the better of me.

Well, let's go play some more. :D
---
GT: Dhawen Pawn: Wena - Sorcerer - Lvl 200
#499DrNick2008Posted 10/29/2013 12:18:01 PM
Karathrax posted...
That's a common thought, Dr. Nick. Pick up a Goblin and throw it at a Utilitarian-primary Fighter or Warrior and see what happens when you also have a Utilitarian-primary Ranger or Strider in the party.

>:D May take a throw or two to get them going... hahah!

I'll try it... but I think I'll only be impressed if they start shooting them while in mid-air. Lol

A new Gransys sport... Goblin-skeet shooting. Would that be wrong? :P
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#500TheRicFactorPosted 10/29/2013 12:18:53 PM
KILLING POST!
---
XBL / PSN: TheRicFactor