How do I lower someone's affinity if they have a pink aura?

#1SpirasGuardianPosted 11/2/2013 9:18:17 PM
So I want to make sure Mercedes is my LI, I just gave her 14 cloudwine and the chime sound triggers when I speak to her but there's no pink aura. However, Selene and Reynard both have pink aura's no matter how many times I pick them up and throw them (lol). Again I really prefer Mercedes and don't want to end up with Selene or Reynard (is that possible even though my Arisen is a male?)... so how do I lower their affinity and how should i go about maxing Mercedes? I know I shouldn't take Aelinore's quest, don't help her fight Julien, and I should use the Arisen's Bond. Anything else?
---
GT: Spiras Guardian
My Dark Souls channel- www.youtube.com/SpirasGuardianDkS
#2EdgeofLethePosted 11/2/2013 9:30:50 PM
Give them a liquid effluvium as a gift (purchased from Barroch, purified, etc.).
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#3DrNick2008Posted 11/2/2013 9:34:35 PM
Easier than that... just punch them in the head. That's what I did long before liquid effluvium came out. You just end up spending a night in jail. Either pay bribe to get out, or carry a skeleton key with you.

Easy peasy :)
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#4LonerwolfMPosted 11/2/2013 9:48:05 PM
Just as east stand in front of them draw your weapon in front of them over and over a few times you will hear a sound meaning affinity dropped but no jail time lol
---
GT LONER WOLF pawn Makoto Fire feel free to send a friend request :)
#5SpirasGuardian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 9:49:49 PM
Thanks, I'll probably just hit up Barroch when I finally decide to go to BBI. Trying to save the best for last. As far as making sure Mercede's becomes my love interest, is there a certain amount of cloudwine I should give her before giving her the Arisen's Bond?
---
GT: Spiras Guardian
My Dark Souls channel- www.youtube.com/SpirasGuardianDkS
#6Sassi666Posted 11/2/2013 10:21:30 PM
SpirasGuardian posted...
Thanks, I'll probably just hit up Barroch when I finally decide to go to BBI. Trying to save the best for last. As far as making sure Mercede's becomes my love interest, is there a certain amount of cloudwine I should give her before giving her the Arisen's Bond?

The arisen's bond will max her affinity and she will have the pink cloud.
---
GT Sassi501: Pawn Damocles 200 Sorc/Ranger
Alts: GT Sassi0666: Pawn Leonidas Sorcerer 200; GT Elrina: Pawn Elrina Strider 200; GT Sassi666: Pawn Diomedes 60+
#7TheedarkesthourPosted 11/3/2013 1:31:48 AM
Wrecked grigori ng+ a little bit ago, after going through the game with affinity carrying over. Pink clouds and jingles all over the place. I was aiming for mercedes, but no. Oh no. Who's cloud was the pinkiest? Jingles the jingliest?

symone. :|
---
DDDA - GT: TheeDarkestHour - Pawn: Meredith, lvl 72 Ranger
#8Axel_GunshinPosted 11/3/2013 1:33:33 AM
Theedarkesthour posted...
Wrecked grigori ng+ a little bit ago, after going through the game with affinity carrying over. Pink clouds and jingles all over the place. I was aiming for mercedes, but no. Oh no. Who's cloud was the pinkiest? Jingles the jingliest?

symone. :|

Thats why Liquid Effluvium exists.

*****es love Liquid Effluvium.
---
Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I - DDDA Pawn: Kisara
Alt Gamertag: DDDA Axel - DDDA Pawn: Junon
#9closetblondePosted 11/3/2013 1:56:01 AM
I just brine everyone. It's amazing how much they don't like you once them little fishies have nibbled on them for a while ^-^

Note: this does not seem to work on Fournival for some reason. he's on permanent pink cloud in my game no matter what I do to his walrusy ass!
#10GAMERKSPosted 11/3/2013 3:05:06 AM
EdgeofLethe posted...
Give them a liquid effluvium as a gift (purchased from Barroch, purified, etc.).

i dont recommend this item. i used it once in DD (it was dlc) and it lowered affinity for every NPC!
i dont know if capcom changed that but be careful using this item.
---
GT RohrGamer Pawn Sheryll #2 BBI Sorcerer
GT StatueKrone25 Pawn Nicki # 3 Support Mage PSN RohrGamer