How do I lower someone's affinity if they have a pink aura?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. How do I lower someone's affinity if they have a pink aura?

User Info: SpirasGuardian

SpirasGuardian
3 years ago#1
So I want to make sure Mercedes is my LI, I just gave her 14 cloudwine and the chime sound triggers when I speak to her but there's no pink aura. However, Selene and Reynard both have pink aura's no matter how many times I pick them up and throw them (lol). Again I really prefer Mercedes and don't want to end up with Selene or Reynard (is that possible even though my Arisen is a male?)... so how do I lower their affinity and how should i go about maxing Mercedes? I know I shouldn't take Aelinore's quest, don't help her fight Julien, and I should use the Arisen's Bond. Anything else?
GT: Spiras Guardian
My Dark Souls channel- www.youtube.com/SpirasGuardianDkS

User Info: EdgeofLethe

EdgeofLethe
3 years ago#2
Give them a liquid effluvium as a gift (purchased from Barroch, purified, etc.).
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

User Info: DrNick2008

DrNick2008
3 years ago#3
Easier than that... just punch them in the head. That's what I did long before liquid effluvium came out. You just end up spending a night in jail. Either pay bribe to get out, or carry a skeleton key with you.

Easy peasy :)
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971

User Info: LonerwolfM

LonerwolfM
3 years ago#4
Just as east stand in front of them draw your weapon in front of them over and over a few times you will hear a sound meaning affinity dropped but no jail time lol
GT LONER WOLF pawn Makoto Fire feel free to send a friend request :)

User Info: SpirasGuardian

SpirasGuardian
3 years ago#5
Thanks, I'll probably just hit up Barroch when I finally decide to go to BBI. Trying to save the best for last. As far as making sure Mercede's becomes my love interest, is there a certain amount of cloudwine I should give her before giving her the Arisen's Bond?
GT: Spiras Guardian
My Dark Souls channel- www.youtube.com/SpirasGuardianDkS

User Info: Sassi666

Sassi666
3 years ago#6
SpirasGuardian posted...
Thanks, I'll probably just hit up Barroch when I finally decide to go to BBI. Trying to save the best for last. As far as making sure Mercede's becomes my love interest, is there a certain amount of cloudwine I should give her before giving her the Arisen's Bond?

The arisen's bond will max her affinity and she will have the pink cloud.
GT Sassi501: Pawn Damocles 200 Sorc/Ranger
Alts: GT Sassi0666: Pawn Leonidas Sorcerer 200; GT Elrina: Pawn Elrina Strider 200; GT Sassi666: Pawn Diomedes 60+

User Info: Theedarkesthour

Theedarkesthour
3 years ago#7
Wrecked grigori ng+ a little bit ago, after going through the game with affinity carrying over. Pink clouds and jingles all over the place. I was aiming for mercedes, but no. Oh no. Who's cloud was the pinkiest? Jingles the jingliest?

symone. :|
DDDA - GT: TheeDarkestHour - Pawn: Meredith, lvl 72 Ranger

User Info: Axel_Gunshin

Axel_Gunshin
3 years ago#8
Theedarkesthour posted...
Wrecked grigori ng+ a little bit ago, after going through the game with affinity carrying over. Pink clouds and jingles all over the place. I was aiming for mercedes, but no. Oh no. Who's cloud was the pinkiest? Jingles the jingliest?

symone. :|

Thats why Liquid Effluvium exists.

*****es love Liquid Effluvium.
Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I - DDDA Pawn: Kisara
Alt Gamertag: DDDA Axel - DDDA Pawn: Junon

User Info: closetblonde

closetblonde
3 years ago#9
I just brine everyone. It's amazing how much they don't like you once them little fishies have nibbled on them for a while ^-^

Note: this does not seem to work on Fournival for some reason. he's on permanent pink cloud in my game no matter what I do to his walrusy ass!

User Info: GAMERKS

GAMERKS
3 years ago#10
EdgeofLethe posted...
Give them a liquid effluvium as a gift (purchased from Barroch, purified, etc.).

i dont recommend this item. i used it once in DD (it was dlc) and it lowered affinity for every NPC!
i dont know if capcom changed that but be careful using this item.
GT RohrGamer Pawn Sheryll #2 BBI Sorcerer
GT StatueKrone25 Pawn Nicki # 3 Support Mage PSN RohrGamer
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. How do I lower someone's affinity if they have a pink aura?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived