What do you guys think of the Reaper vocation DA/BBI SPOILERS about memoirs.

#1gamer6879403333Posted 11/3/2013 7:15:49 AM
The Reaper is strongly hinted to be an Arisen named Arthacos, who went totally insane after coming to the island and letting the place get to him and started hearing whispers everywhere he went (you can hear the same whispers whenever the Reaper is near). He came to believe that the role of the Arisen is to sacrifice 1,000 people to the dragon. It also seems that he is the writer of the quest board missions "wages of death" 1 through 4, meaning he still has enough of his mind to be aware and to write.

But you know what the implication is? The implication is that the Reaper form he takes is actually obtainable by Arisen. My guess is that the Reaper form is a special overpowered vocation that he somehow learned. Most likely it gives maximum stats possible per level (6 attack per level like assassin, the HP gain of a warrior, the stamina gain of a ranger, the magic defense and magic attack gain of a sorcerer, the defense gain of a fighter). And he probably leveled to an unobtainable level like 300 as that vocation. What that gets him is a super powered yet limited vocation (only has 3 skills just like the warrior thanks to having no sub weapon, teleport and sleep lantern and slash). Makes you wonder what other hidden vocations there are that Arisen can have that our character never discovers?
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#2kentuckybobPosted 11/3/2013 7:44:57 AM
playable death DLC 50
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"
#3KarathraxPosted 11/3/2013 7:52:37 AM
Hmm, Reaper vs Arisen and party pvp? Could be interesting.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#4gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 8:06:22 AM
Karathrax posted...
Hmm, Reaper vs Arisen and party pvp? Could be interesting.

Wouldn't be fun against any decent players. They would just play keep-away and just constantly pelt you with arrows and stuff and would have 2 restless rings on at all times so your sleep attack won't work, and the scythe is too slow. I handled it as a warrior for goodness sakes, one of the least mobile vocation, all I had to do was just run away with he started the sleep attack and then move in and hit him twice and repeat the process. The Reaper is a good boss, but would be terribly frustrating against a player who knows how to easily kill it. Playing as the Reaper against a human opponent would suck.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#5Mick65Posted 11/3/2013 8:24:11 AM
Depending on how well the teleport skill worked in practice, a human player may be able to give an Arisen a severe headache. There are plenty of skills that are great when player controlled, on a Pawn, not so much.
---
GT: cmStone Pawn: Kurgan
GT: cmStoned Pawn: Jenassa (lvl 130's)
#6drdumael028Posted 11/3/2013 10:56:02 AM
Oh, man! What are you guys talking about? :D
---
GT: Dhawen Pawn: Wena - Sorcerer - Lvl 200
#7KarathraxPosted 11/3/2013 11:17:07 AM
The academic possibility of the Arisen turning villain. A big, bad villain.
---
#8Axel_GunshinPosted 11/3/2013 11:39:25 AM
Karathrax posted...
The academic possibility of the Arisen turning villain. A big, bad villain.

Is he really a villain though when its possible that the force that sustains BBI drove Arthacos insane?

Speaking of that force, I've a rough theory that Ashe was never the real force of the island but just a host for the dark force that could be the opposite of the Senechal. Seeing as in game it was believed that Daimon's death would have some sort of physical effect on the island. Instead the island remains as is and stronger than ever at that.

I'm personally thinking that the Dark Senechal (dont have a better name) is what is really keeping BBI as we know it once Ashe is freed and that Daimon's body becomes a puppet and then a physical host for the DS on repeat runs through the island. Only real thing though that acts as a basis for this is that it seems like a formless pawn is used to sustain Daimon's body between jaunts to the Sanctum. With what we know about the Seneschal's own powers as the guardian deity over the world, it sorta explains why the BBI never really fell apart after Ashe was more or less rescued from his spiteful wish.
---
Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I - DDDA Pawn: Kisara
Alt Gamertag: DDDA Axel - DDDA Pawn: Junon
#9KarathraxPosted 11/3/2013 11:48:35 AM
If we could see a translation of the Latin spoken by the woman's voice when Daimon dies the second time, I think perhaps all that would be clearer. I haven't seen anyone who has caught any of it, much less translate it.

...Anyone?

---
#10Raziel689Posted 11/3/2013 12:01:35 PM
If it works like the Teleport ability in Zone of the Enders, a player controlled Reaper could be a nightmare. Especially if you're stalking an arisen on their second BBI run.

Here is an idea of how ZoE uses teleportation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0aoTChOBhQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---
GT FunkFlyBoy, Lv160 Vaikari, Ranger
Alt GT SaviorNDestroyr, Lv164 Leonora, Sorcerer/Ranger. GT: MalformedLamb8, Draken Lv0 Strider