I might start this soon - which class is the most fun?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. I might start this soon - which class is the most fun?
2 years ago#31
I was pretty set on planning ahead as to which class I wanted to play when I first started this game. Finally I just decided to switch around and play as all of the classes, and honestly, you'll be viable either way.

Just play the game, switch classes whenever you want, try and keep your stats going in the general direction you wish, and enjoy yourself!
---
GT: Spiras Guardian
My Dark Souls channel- www.youtube.com/SpirasGuardianDkS
2 years ago#32
DrNick2008 posted...
aureliano17 posted...
The vocation that's always given me the most satisfaction is Magick Archer. It was true in the original game and even more so after Dark Arisen. Hell, it had me psyched when I saw those cool, pre-release videos where players shot flares. Amazing. You can run around and slice things up, shoot homing arrows, climb enemies and destroy them with Immolation. It's a class with many offensive options.

The only one I don't like at all is Warrior. I find it slow, inaccurate and stupid. Fighter is a million times better.

But all of this is opinion, after all.

Agreed. MA is my fave. MK and ranger and sorcerer are all tied for a very close second.

I dislike warrior the most -- t takes so long to charge up those skills that the enemy has often moved out of range when I'm ready to fire, and moving with a charged skill is so slow. I've actually had an enemy jump out of the way when I did release my charged skill. I don't understand why folks like warrior. When I am questing for fun (and not to get rent club member RCs), I never hire warrior tanks... fighter tanks are quicker, more mobile, and are more effective in battle.

I feel the same way about playing sorcerer/mage vocations as you do about warriors.
I'm such a reaction and reflex player that the caster vocations are boring and a chore to play.
Assassin vocation has completely spoiled me. I tend to compare most vocations to it, which might not always be fair.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
GT: DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita Alt: CujoGojiro Pawn: Cujo
2 years ago#33
DatDarkOne posted...
DrNick2008 posted...
aureliano17 posted...
The vocation that's always given me the most satisfaction is Magick Archer. It was true in the original game and even more so after Dark Arisen. Hell, it had me psyched when I saw those cool, pre-release videos where players shot flares. Amazing. You can run around and slice things up, shoot homing arrows, climb enemies and destroy them with Immolation. It's a class with many offensive options.

The only one I don't like at all is Warrior. I find it slow, inaccurate and stupid. Fighter is a million times better.

But all of this is opinion, after all.

Agreed. MA is my fave. MK and ranger and sorcerer are all tied for a very close second.

I dislike warrior the most -- t takes so long to charge up those skills that the enemy has often moved out of range when I'm ready to fire, and moving with a charged skill is so slow. I've actually had an enemy jump out of the way when I did release my charged skill. I don't understand why folks like warrior. When I am questing for fun (and not to get rent club member RCs), I never hire warrior tanks... fighter tanks are quicker, more mobile, and are more effective in battle.

I feel the same way about playing sorcerer/mage vocations as you do about warriors.
I'm such a reaction and reflex player that the caster vocations are boring and a chore to play.
Assassin vocation has completely spoiled me. I tend to compare most vocations to it, which might not always be fair.

Glad I opted to not use the counter skills on Mikasa. Seriously enjoy rushing in to gore stuff with Intimate Gambit and Dire Gouge.
---
Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I - DDDA Pawn: Kisara
Alt Gamertag: DDDA Axel - DDDA Pawn: Junon
2 years ago#34
lol I remember my first encounter with a Living Armor in BBI.
I'm an Assassin standing toe to toe with the Living Armor sword and shield in hand! Living Armor swings out a windmill slash, I'm caught off guard and sent flying back. I blink slash to close the gap to find an over hand chop right in my face, I counter attack with clairvoyance just in time and break off the Living Armor's shell. WTH I'm taken aback as what I thought was a knight to become a ghost. If not for the mighty Ascalon I would not be here now to tell this tail. Ascalon slices right through the Living Armor now turned ghost just as it did before. Sparks fly, blood pours and, sweat stings in my eyes as the fight drags on from mere minutes for an hour before there is nothing in front of me except metal and dust. A victorious battle cry rings out as I feel the fatigue take over my body. After resting I move on to see what else waits for me around the next corner but that is a story for another time.

Yo Axel Gunshin Initimate Gambit is beast but Clairvoyance is even better.
---
Fight to Live - Live to Fight
GT kiynada Pawn Akira Ranger
2 years ago#35
kiynada posted...
lol I remember my first encounter with a Living Armor in BBI.
I'm an Assassin standing toe to toe with the Living Armor sword and shield in hand! Living Armor swings out a windmill slash, I'm caught off guard and sent flying back. I blink slash to close the gap to find an over hand chop right in my face, I counter attack with clairvoyance just in time and break off the Living Armor's shell. WTH I'm taken aback as what I thought was a knight to become a ghost. If not for the mighty Ascalon I would not be here now to tell this tail. Ascalon slices right through the Living Armor now turned ghost just as it did before. Sparks fly, blood pours and, sweat stings in my eyes as the fight drags on from mere minutes for an hour before there is nothing in front of me except metal and dust. A victorious battle cry rings out as I feel the fatigue take over my body. After resting I move on to see what else waits for me around the next corner but that is a story for another time.

Yo Axel Gunshin Initimate Gambit is beast but Clairvoyance is even better.

About time you got your sorry ass over here xD. By the way, I should have to tell you what opinions and ***holes have in common.
---
Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I - DDDA Pawn: Kisara
Alt Gamertag: DDDA Axel - DDDA Pawn: Junon
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. I might start this soon - which class is the most fun?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived