About to start contributing to the online Ur as mystic knight.

#11TylersTime(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 2:41:18 PM
Karathrax posted...
My husband games-- but he's a solo PC kind of guy. I have to share the ps3 with my son... and occasionally I want to kill and eat my young. I bought my Xbox so I could frag him when he annoys me, but he's a much better gamer than I am.

I'm better than my girlfriend skill/reaction wise. My girlfriend is a much better tactician if she know your better than her skill wise she will attempt to outsmart you.

For example memorize the area so she can have points of advantage eh she just outplays you when she strategically can. She plays mystic knight.
---
GT:MysticalTyphoon Pawn:Typhoon Lv200 Fighter/Warrior, Challenger/Mitigator.
3DS FC:2793-1128-6229
#12KarathraxPosted 11/15/2013 3:17:01 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much how we are, too. My son says I'm sneakier than he is and quicker to spot weaknesses and advantages in terrain to exploit, while he is faster-paced.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#13Ghost_of_KirinPosted 11/16/2013 6:09:05 AM
coolfire1357 posted...
There's a fix for that Ghost. New gf. Or sleep with the thumb drive under your pillow!

>looks over shoulders<
A new girlfriend would be nice! ;)

Can you imagine her finding the thumb drive? I have no plausible deniability as to why I am compelled to hide the game saves from her. :P She'd kill me if she found out; either way I would be dead, and for citing the fact that she's so horrible that I have to hide my game saves from her. Nuh-uh, that ain't gonna fly. What will fly though, is the bedside table lamp, aimed squarely at my noggin. :P

LeonKennedy28 posted...
Oh god this lol, I know when she is coming up the steps because her ankle cracks and I quickly shut my xbox off.

>cringes<
LOL! I feel your PAIN brother! >_<

And you can't get back to bed because your heart is racing a 1000 miles an hour, from the scare, right? :P
>gestures for a bro hug<
:D

TylersTime posted...
At least you don't have to share your consoles as much as I do lol.

Brother, what ever you do - DO NOT GET HER, HER OWN XBOX! :/ Do that and she won't be coming over to your place, man. ;)

So, sharing is really nor caring, no? :P
---
Justin Bailey
| Gamertag: Ghost of Kirin | MK Ur-Dragon run: http://youtu.be/jtkfQCqYzgM |
#14Ghost_of_KirinPosted 11/16/2013 7:06:45 AM
Tibby26 posted...
Show them Fable or a lego game, it works every time. My gf hated video games for the longest time until we started playing Fable together and now we do midnight releases together

Which Fable series? I have to be careful which one I pick to game with her, isn't one of them like really bad? Now that could go so very wrong! :D

Good idea with the Lego series though, she used to love them, until they came packaged and moulded without much assembly required.

Anyway, you are one lucky son of a gun! And, as for taking your suggestion into account, phew, talk about taming the shrew on my end, eh? :)

Karathrax posted...
My husband games-- but he's a solo PC kind of guy.

As long as he's not one of those diehard flight simulation zealots, who builds a replica of an A380 Airbus cockpit into the living room quarters - you ought to be alright, and there's no need to knock him out of his misery to reclaim your sanity! ;p
---
Justin Bailey
| Gamertag: Ghost of Kirin | MK Ur-Dragon run: http://youtu.be/jtkfQCqYzgM |
#15LeonKennedy28Posted 11/16/2013 2:43:16 PM
Ghost_of_Kirin posted...
Tibby26 posted...
Show them Fable or a lego game, it works every time. My gf hated video games for the longest time until we started playing Fable together and now we do midnight releases together

Which Fable series? I have to be careful which one I pick to game with her, isn't one of them like really bad? Now that could go so very wrong! :D

Good idea with the Lego series though, she used to love them, until they came packaged and moulded without much assembly required.

Anyway, you are one lucky son of a gun! And, as for taking your suggestion into account, phew, talk about taming the shrew on my end, eh? :)

Karathrax posted...
My husband games-- but he's a solo PC kind of guy.

As long as he's not one of those diehard flight simulation zealots, who builds a replica of an A380 Airbus cockpit into the living room quarters - you ought to be alright, and there's no need to knock him out of his misery to reclaim your sanity! ;p

Fable 1 or 2 are both great, anything past that is garbage.
---
GT....Clemson1Tigers......Pawn - Claire/Mage
#16RampagingwalrusPosted 11/16/2013 4:07:23 PM
LeonKennedy28 posted...
Fable 1 or 2 are both great, anything past that is garbage.

Fable 3 is not too too bad. Sure, it is far from great, but it can be reasonably fun. Some improvements, some... uh... whatever the hell the opposite of "improvement" is... I am drawing a blank.

But I digest... the original Fable can be a bit rough for somebody's first videogame, so yeah, if you do go the Fable route, 2 or 3, since they are basically unfailable.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#17coolfire1357Posted 11/16/2013 7:01:46 PM
Ghost_of_Kirin posted...
coolfire1357 posted...
There's a fix for that Ghost. New gf. Or sleep with the thumb drive under your pillow!

>looks over shoulders<
A new girlfriend would be nice! ;)

Damare!
*snickers*
Could be tough to do. New gfs are so hard to train these days. ;)

And no, my husband does not game, other than Spider Solitaire on the PC. BUT, he does feel free to walk through the room and question bomb stupid/mocking questions whenever he feels like it.

I do have to wrest the BOX or PS3 off my daughter often though.
---
GTs: iamsiamesifuplz, ManicKalamityK
Tribute to two pawns of note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hobLYtWozqg
#18noodles0585Posted 11/16/2013 8:35:01 PM
im single right now but my younger sister whos twenty three plays various mario games on the wii so if taking a bit of ridicule at gamestop doesnt bother you im sure a wii would be fairly cheap.
---
he was the kind of man who would dig a small hole in the ground, do a head stand in it and claim he was wearing the world as hat. GT BuffaloJim1985
#19RampagingwalrusPosted 11/16/2013 8:37:26 PM
The ladies love Mario.

Chicks dig dudes with a steady job.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#20noodles0585Posted 11/16/2013 8:42:08 PM
plus i think its only fair to say that italians have a way with the ladies even if they are fat pasta obsessed plumbers. i cant help but think of the eighties mario show and the guy played him in the live action part.
---
he was the kind of man who would dig a small hole in the ground, do a head stand in it and claim he was wearing the world as hat. GT BuffaloJim1985