Random question about Magick Archers and there "arrows"

#1LeonKennedy28Posted 11/19/2013 7:26:08 AM
Do the arrows from a MA stick in the enemy or do they just explode? I know the arrows are like pure magick though I've never actually seen a MA shoot anything yet and actually being able to see the arrow sticking out of the enemy is a big reason as to why I love playing archers. Just something about an arrow filled goblin that puts a smile on my face.
---
GT....Clemson1Tigers......Pawn - Claire/Mage
#2enjelsamaPosted 11/19/2013 8:36:55 AM
They impact like arrows, but don't stick around.

The animation shows arrow hit, then turn dust of sorts. you could probaly call that explsion.. but low stagger rate of them, maybe not so much.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#3closetblondePosted 11/19/2013 9:40:25 AM
Explosive Rivets sticks in the enemy....until someone makes them explode >:D
#4HatchetHoundPosted 11/19/2013 7:45:04 PM
It might just be me, but I kinda like the regular Explosive Bolt, when there's only one. Not for power, but because it's really neat sticking an enemy with one in the dark and being able to see them without killing them. Like tracer bolts.

Basically just novelty, but I like it. Kinda wish you could choose the level of the spells.
---
"Heh heh. Dirt... Nap... Dirt nap!
#5RampagingwalrusPosted 11/19/2013 7:52:00 PM
HatchetHound posted...
It might just be me, but I kinda like the regular Explosive Bolt, when there's only one. Not for power, but because it's really neat sticking an enemy with one in the dark and being able to see them without killing them. Like tracer bolts.

Basically just novelty, but I like it. Kinda wish you could choose the level of the spells.

Try using Magickal Gleam, I loved that spell at low levels, against Undead.

I wonder how it fares against Ser Death...
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#6Mick65Posted 11/19/2013 7:58:43 PM
I'll have to try that gleam thing. I'm running MA atm, messing with my Pawns setup and taking low-levels through various parts of BBI. I cheesed Death in the balcony hallway of the forgotten hall for 4 bars of health with ricochet before he tucked tail.
---
GT: cmStone Pawn: Kurgan
GT: cmStoned Pawn: Jenassa
#7RampagingwalrusPosted 11/19/2013 8:00:20 PM
Gleam only does damage against undead, as far as I can remember. I am not sure if Death is actually undead though. It may just "stun" him, or do nothing, heh. So be prepared to tuck tail and make a hasty retreat.
---
#8HatchetHoundPosted 11/20/2013 12:54:49 AM
From: Rampagingwalrus | Posted: 11/19/2013 6:52:00 PM | #005
Try using Magickal Gleam, I loved that spell at low levels, against Undead.

I wonder how it fares against Ser Death...

Does Gleam stick to enemies, though? Been awhile, I forget.

Mainly, I just like seeing the red bolts sticking to enemies running around in pitch blackness.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#9RampagingwalrusPosted 11/20/2013 1:00:23 AM
HatchetHound posted...
Does Gleam stick to enemies, though? Been awhile, I forget.

Mainly, I just like seeing the red bolts sticking to enemies running around in pitch blackness.

I believe it does... if you actually let it. Since it can explode and become stationary if you release the trigger prematurely.
---
#10lunajennyPosted 11/20/2013 4:36:00 AM
Striders, assassins and rangers get arrows that stick in the enemy. You can also use special arrows like blinding arrows, sleeping arrows and explosive arrows if you keep a stock of them and which are more useful than people think. You might want to consider keeping a stock of things like throwblast and dragon's spit as they are actually quite powerful. If you hit an ogre with 4 sleeper arrows to put it to sleep then throw a throwblast at it's head then that is enough to one shot it on hard mode. They may sound overpowered but you can only buy a limited amount at a time, they are expensive and they weigh a bit so it becomes a game mechanic you can use and manage.

Also assassins get a bow skill called lyncaen shot which zooms in like a sniper rifles and hit for a high powered shot that inflicts critical damage on weak spots like heads. They also get an augment that increases damage against foes who haven't seen you yet so that adds a cool stealthy sniper element to archery ^^
---
GT: Kyrie Kaneko
Yes I believe in the Dark Lord. He is our Saviour.