Dragons Dogma Slyfox style (massive spoilers}

#1SIyfox729Posted 12/13/2013 6:38:44 AM
I thought I would post an explanation before I show off the prologue of a little story I am working on. It does kinda follow the story in game, but I have changed it because it better explains why the story I am writing is happening. The prologue will be a massive spoiler so if you havent beaten the original game PLEASE DONT READ ANY FURTHER. You have been warned lol I didnt however add anything from DA I havent played it yet (still downloading as we speak) so have no idea what the storyline is for that. I know some of you may not like me changing it around, but I am doing this just for fun and hopefully for our enjoyment. This is also the reason I asked everyone for backstories on their Arisens and Pawns. If you havent posted in that thread yet and would like to possibly have your duo mentioned then help me out and give me some details. I will also warn that it may have parts that make people want to hit me. I may even hate myself before its all said and done lol I plan on using mostly characters that either current board posters or past posters have made. I do have a couple friends duo I plan on using as well so if you dont recognize some names its ok to ask It may take a while for me to finish the story in it entirety, but I will atleast try to posts sections(or chapters if you prefer) as soon as I get to a decent breaking point. Thanks everyone and hope you enjoy the tale : )
---
XBLGT: Slyfox729
Worst plague to ever hit mankind? The Internet.
#2SIyfox729(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 6:48:06 AM
Prologue

The Senechal sat upon his throne overlooking the world of Gransys and watched a monsterous battle unfold. Hikari, the Arisen, and her twin sister Hibiki had finally challenged the great Wyrm Grigori. Long did the battle rage among the ruins of a long abandoned stronghold. At first the fight didnt look to be going well for the siblings. Grigori had knocked Hibiki unconscious and took to the air, hoping to catch Hikari unprotected. The Senechal and Grigori neither one ever expected her to find a way to reach the mighty dragon as he flew overhead, taunting the Arisen, but find a way she did. Racing to the top of the battlements, Hikari awaited her chance and hid behind a pile of rubble. Grigori in his frustration to find the illusive Arisen, flew around the castle searching everywhere. Passing right under her place of concealment, Hikari without thinking, took a running leap off the battlements and sank her daggers into Grigori's back. A normal dagger would never have penetrated the ancient Drakes steel like hide, but the holy enchanted daggers that Hikari carried slid in with ease. Grigori unaccustomed to pain bealched out a feiry roar that shook the walls and melted stone. He doubled his efforts to shake off the object of his rage, but she would not relent. Using her daggers, she climbed up his back as fast as she could, searching for his heart. Every stab bringing her closer to her goal and enraging the dragon further. Sensing her target right beneath her, she raised a dagger high over her head with a scream of triumph and plunged it into Grigori. His roar of pain could be heard for miles as he fell to the ground dying. Hikari was thrown from his back when he hit the ground with a clap like thunder. Unconscious and barely alive, she didnt move as the Senechal continued to watch her. " I never would have thought you had it in you Arisen" He thought to himself. Finally turning away from the scene of the unaware hero he paced back and forth in thought. For over a thousand years he has been the GOD of this world and by no means ready to relinquish his role. The death of Grigori tolled the sound of his own doom though unless he acted to prevent it. Ringing the gong beside his throne he awaited the servant to respond to his summons. " You rang for me my Lord?" the servant asked as he bowed before the Senechal. "Open the portal to UR and summon him to me." " At once my Lord" the servant replied as he scurried away to do as he had been told. On the surface of the world below, in a city known as Gran Soren, a mighty earthquake begun to tear the city apart. The ground shook and ripped open, swallowing half the city in a massive pit. Towns people screamed in panic and started to run in all directions as they saw their once proud city reduced to nothing. After the devastating quake subsided, a few brave people slowly made their way to the edge of the pit and peered down. Without warning horrors beyond imagining began to spew forth from the gaping maw. The sky turned black as night as the demonic creatures took to the air. Then with a roar that froze the blood of even the stoutest soul, the worst nightmare of all emerged and began to fly away. UR had come to answer the call of the Senechal at last.
---
#3closetblondePosted 12/13/2013 7:14:20 AM
Oooh, more stories! Keep writing please! :D
#4SIyfox729(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 12:31:39 AM
One week later.

Hibiki stumbles into the inn where her and Hikari had been staying while recovering from the fight with Grigori. The few regulars sitting at the bar turn as she enters and gasp as they quickly move to get out of her way. Her clothes and armor are all bloody and ripped to shreds. Gashes on her arms,legs, and torso leave a trail of blood upon the floor as she forces herself across the common room and up the stairs. The bow that is always within hands reach is nowhere to be seen and one of her daggers is missing as well. The look in her eyes speaks loudly of panic and fear. Whatever makes such a brave warrior as she look and feel this way is something they want no part of and they start to clear out of the inn enmass. Finally dragging herself up the stairs and into the room where her sister still slept, she opens the door and rushes in. "Hikari wake up!" she screams as she shakes her from her sleep. " Five more minutes" " Please sister we dont have time We have to get out of here now!" She grabs the blankets and yanks them, along with her sister, into the floor " Dammit Hibiki! What the f..." The words die on her lips as she looks at the mangled mess her sister had become. "Wha..?" she starts to ask, but Hibiki cuts her off. "We can talk later! Please just hurry!" Grabbing her cloak and weapons Hikari follows Hibiki back through the common room and out of the inn. Across the street, emerging from an alley, three figures appear. "There she is." one yells, pointing his finger at Hikari. "Run!" Hibiki tells her sister as she leaps forward and draws her lone dagger. " Im not leaving you to die again" Hikari replies. "Its you they are after so run!" I will find you as soon as I can I promise" With tears in her eyes, Hikari turns and runs away into the darkness. Once again she must leave Hibiki behind to face death alone. Blinded by tears and rage she finally collapses a few miles outside Gran Soren, and continues to weep. Finally after what seemed hours, she regains her composure, and pulls herself to her feet. Looking around she cant see any sign of her sister or any pursuers. "please be ok" she silently prays as she turns and starts to make her way to the Witchwood. There she will find her trusted friend and mentor, and hopefully answers to the thousands of questions racing through her brain.
---
#5SIyfox729(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 4:06:16 AM
I may be opening the door to be trolled, but I have to admit I almost wanted to cry while writing that last part.
---
#6RampagingwalrusPosted 12/14/2013 4:16:04 AM
I do not mean to be rude, so I apologize if it comes across as such... but you really should divide your posts into multiple paragraphs. Giants walls of texts can be intimidating, and straining on the eyes. Especially for old fogies such as I.

Aside from that, is good, keep it coming. :-)
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#7SIyfox729(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 4:29:23 AM
nah thats not being rude friend Yeah I probably should do something a little different with the posts. I have been writing them in note pad though and pasting them into the thread.
---
#8SIyfox729(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 12:15:11 AM
The two day trip to the Witchwood went by uneventfully. Though Hikari would have welcome any distraction from her anguish, even she had to admit her state of mind wasnt ready for conflict. Most the people in her hometown of Cassardis were afraid to even go into the supposedly cursed woods, but Hikari and Hibiki knew the rumors were false. Not to say the Witchwood didnt have dangers, but no more than anywhere else in Gransys. The old Arisen who everyone thought was a witch no longer lived here. Even her pawn, Selene had moved to Cassardis and was now living in the house the twins had there. The only person that Hikari knew of living here now was her elven mentor Zayden.

Zayden was a retired tracker from the Dukes guards. Tracker was the title they gave him, but he was much more than that. Training in archery, survival skills, hand to hand combat, and knife fighting were just a few of the things he used to do with the guards. His Elven heritage making him the perfect ranger for the job.

Zayden didnt retire because he was too old to perform his duties anymore, but just wanted to get away from the city that always made him uncomfortable.He was tall and thin like all his people, but exuded strength and confidence so no one would ever think him weak. He still looked to be a man in his prime since elves had much longer lifespans than humans. Hikari didnt know exactly how old her friend was and thought it rude to ask. There werent many elves seen in Gransys these days. The over population by humans and Goblins had driven them deep into hiding.

Still lost in her thoughts she was startled by the sudden voice from above her. "Are you really going to walk right by me without saying hello?" Maybe I should teach you manners next." Turning to the sound of the voice she sees Zayden sitting comfortably on a tree limb looking down at her smiling. Unable to contain her grief any longer Hikari starts to cry. The elven ranger is stunned. He hadn't seen Hikari cry since she was a child when he helped her claim the body of her twin. He quickly recovers from his shock and jumps down from his perch to comfort her. "Whats wrong child?" "Where is Hibiki?" he asks. After a couple of minutes crying into the elf's chest, she is finally able to tell him the tale.

" I never should have left her there alone!" she chokes out through her sobs. " I should have stayed and fought with her or made her come with me!" " Shh dont blame yourself."he chides her gently. "Hibiki is a very capable young woman and I am sure she is just fine." "She will be here looking for you in no time." " Well come on child." "I will make you some of my famous rabbit and dumplings while we wait for her." Leading the way Zayden takes her to his home deeper in the woods.
---
#9SIyfox729(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 12:16:02 AM
I wasnt able to edit the older posts to change them, but hopefully this one works out better for everyone : )
---
#10mewmew42Posted 12/15/2013 1:07:07 AM
Awesome stuff am really enjoying this