A few questions about Pawns

#1saintsfanPosted 1/8/2014 7:24:43 PM
First, how do I know what my 3rd inclination is and does it even affect the game? How would I go about setting it?

Second, does my pawn learn from pawns of a different vocation? Can he then apply those techniques if he becomes that vocation? For instance, if I'm running him as a Warrior and he observes two Sorcerer pawns spell synching with good results...does that knowledge carry over when he becomes a Sorcerer?
#2gjs123Posted 1/8/2014 7:28:29 PM
saintsfan posted...
First, how do I know what my 3rd inclination is and does it even affect the game? How would I go about setting it?

I think there is a formula that goes 3 , 5, 7, So if you want mitigator to be your "hidden" inclination you drink 3 potions, Challenger for your second you would drink 5 potions, and utilitarian would be first so you'd drink 7 potions.

the potions can be bought from Jonathon at the encampment for RC
---
XBL: Stormaru
Insert witty comment here
#3LonerwolfMPosted 1/8/2014 7:48:49 PM
saintsfan posted...

Second, does my pawn learn from pawns of a different vocation? Can he then apply those techniques if he becomes that vocation? For instance, if I'm running him as a Warrior and he observes two Sorcerer pawns spell synching with good results...does that knowledge carry over when he becomes a Sorcerer?

1 You can find out your 3rd Inclination at any time by sitting your pawn down in any Knowledge/Wisdom Chair. It allows to swap the second and third Inclination in order. Yes ALL the Inclinations affect the pawn the higher the rank inclination the more effect it has . You can change Inclination ranking by what you do but the EASIEST way is Johnathans potions.

2 Pawn learn by example, your playstyle, AND by knowledge so getting those stars helps. A pawn who sees something enough times WILL begin mimicking that behavior both good and bad
---
GT LONER WOLF pawn Makoto Fire feel free to send a friend request :)
#4gjs123Posted 1/8/2014 8:29:34 PM
I notice my pawns inclination keeps changing back and forth, without me doing anything, would it be a good idea to use that potion that blanks all of them out and then re-start with the 3,5,7 formula?
---
XBL: Stormaru
Insert witty comment here
#5KarathraxPosted 1/8/2014 8:33:55 PM
Inclinations are more of a subtle art than the game lets on. The pawn AI is driven most strongly by the first three, and reflects hints of the fourth. There are nine altogether, and just because you can't see the other inclinations does not mean they aren't there.

The pawn's bestiary knowledge heavily affects what it says or does in battle against a specific enemy. An ignorant pawn says some pretty hilarious stuff when confronted with new enemies, while an experienced pawn will simply start calling tactics. A pawn who sees a pair of sorcerers help to take down a Cursed Dragon with Bolide, for example, learns that this enemy is weak to physical damage and Fire. If it doesn't have that specific skill available, then it will use the one it has that comes closest to meeting that set of weaknesses, like Fracture Dart or Advanced Trigger, or if the pawn AI determines the Arisen is over his/her head, special arrows.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#6KarathraxPosted 1/8/2014 8:37:00 PM
No, do not ever use the Neutralizing Potion. Your pawn is reset back to nothing, and whatever battle personality it had is gone in terms of whether your pawn is a quick spell caster or a heavy shooter or the like. I did this once and to my dismay, 'my' Draken was gone and it took a solid month of game hours to get 'him' back.
---
#7DrNick2008Posted 1/8/2014 8:46:27 PM
gjs123 posted...
I notice my pawns inclination keeps changing back and forth, without me doing anything, would it be a good idea to use that potion that blanks all of them out and then re-start with the 3,5,7 formula?

NO!!! ... Bad Idea Jeans

Kara is absolutely correct. It will make your pawn uber-dumb for a very, very long time. It will take many weeks of solid gaming time to get your pawn behaving normally again. Like her, I tried it once and regretted it right away when I realized how bad my pawn was in battle. It took almost a month of dedicated questing to get my Jula back. :)

Using the neutralizing potion will only make a dumb pawn with good inclinations.

Again, as Kara said above (always listen to her), all you need to do is overwrite the inclination tables by flooding them with a bunch of inclination potions in the numbers and proportions that you want to get your desired inclination.
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#8saintsfan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 11:24:51 PM
So if I wanted my sorcerer to be Utilitarian, Challenger, Mitigator what combo of potions do I need to drink?
#9SIyfox729Posted 1/8/2014 11:35:27 PM
saintsfan posted...
So if I wanted my sorcerer to be Utilitarian, Challenger, Mitigator what combo of potions do I need to drink?

3 mitigator 5 challenger 7 Utilitarian
---
XBLGT: Slyfox729
Worst plague to ever hit mankind? The Internet.
#10KarathraxPosted 1/8/2014 11:40:00 PM(edited)
3 Mitigator, 5 Challenger, 7 Utilitarian in that order. The pawn AI views its most recent stimuli as the most important one.

If your pawn's 'young', like less than 40 hours, it might not stick all that well. I've noticed that the inclination tables tend to stabilize once you hit 40-60 hours, so potion-chugging works better then.

However, there are two things that affect spontaneous inclination switching: changing from DD to DA, and changing vocations a lot, like frequent vocation switching for purifications. Always reset your pawn's inclinations after a vocation change, this helps its stability.

Plus, when you intentionally change vocations and want to make that vocation change long-term, then re-set your pawn's inclinations, too. Sometimes the pawn AI will try to apply its old orders to new skills, making your pawn run around in circles like an idiot. This is inclination fail, or pawn senility.
---