Where is the Black Cat vendor? Spoilers

#1MixorzPosted 1/18/2014 2:24:28 PM
After you beat Ur Dragon the first time and Gran Soren collapses?
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#2Mick65Posted 1/18/2014 2:29:27 PM
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Black_Cat

You'll be able to find it blindfolded soon enough.
---
GT: cmStone Pawn: Kurgan http://i.imgur.com/8B37fxK.jpg
GT: cmStoned Pawn: Jenassa http://i.imgur.com/6ruOqyP.jpg
#3KarathraxPosted 1/18/2014 2:46:08 PM
The wikia doesn't say where he is in the postgame, alas. He's sitting or standing in the little courtyard back behind Arsmith's notice board,
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#4Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 2:52:45 PM
Found him thanks :^)
---
#5DrNick2008Posted 1/18/2014 4:09:25 PM
Mixorz posted...

BTW... the big red dragon you beat during the main story line is NOT the Ur dragon. He is Grigori, aka The Dragon, aka "Big Red" as some on the boards irreverently call him. He is the nemesis for whom the Arisen was meant to fight in the game.

The Ur dragon (either offline or online) is an optional boss found in the post-game Everfall in the Chamber of Lament. While even the offline version of the Ur dragon is a tougher battle than the main story's Grigori, they are NOT the same dragon, and are not interchangeable.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#6Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 5:02:12 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
Mixorz posted...

BTW... the big red dragon you beat during the main story line is NOT the Ur dragon. He is Grigori, aka The Dragon, aka "Big Red" as some on the boards irreverently call him. He is the nemesis for whom the Arisen was meant to fight in the game.

The Ur dragon (either offline or online) is an optional boss found in the post-game Everfall in the Chamber of Lament. While even the offline version of the Ur dragon is a tougher battle than the main story's Grigori, they are NOT the same dragon, and are not interchangeable.

Oh sorry for the mix up. So what would happen if you beat the Ur Dragon before collecting to 20 wake stones (which is what I'm currently on)?
---
#7KarathraxPosted 1/18/2014 5:32:34 PM(edited)
It's a very challenging fight, for one-- and upon it's death you earn 20 Wakestones as part of its loot. Therefore, taking on the offline Ur Dragon's one of the ways to postgame wealth and leveling up. The online is another creature entirely... more vicious, billions of HP, meaner, faster and uses more spells than the offline. It is a community raid boss and only dies every few days.

That said, make sure you've explored the Everfall and the outside world to your satisfaction before moving on to NG+. There are enemies (and materials) available only now that will go away until you reach the postgame in your second playthrough, plus some of the major new enemies have some interesting things to say that tie into the game's lore. Once you complete your first playthrough, the main quest in Bitterblack Isle will make a lot more sense, too.
---
#8HiimCyrusPosted 1/18/2014 6:09:20 PM
Karathrax posted...
It's a very challenging fight, for one-- and upon it's death you earn 20 Wakestones as part of its loot. Therefore, taking on the offline Ur Dragon's one of the ways to postgame wealth and leveling up. The online is another creature entirely... more vicious, billions of HP, meaner, faster and uses more spells than the offline. It is a community raid boss and only dies every few days.

That said, make sure you've explored the Everfall and the outside world to your satisfaction before moving on to NG+. There are enemies (and materials) available only now that will go away until you reach the postgame in your second playthrough, plus some of the major new enemies have some interesting things to say that tie into the game's lore. Once you complete your first playthrough, the main quest in Bitterblack Isle will make a lot more sense, too.

I made that mistake and continued onto NG+ by accident. My save got wiped though so now I'm level 30 again
---
CHEST HIGH WALLS ARE THE SECRET TO VICTORY!!
Popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good, or because Will Smith is in it.
#9KarathraxPosted 1/18/2014 6:53:01 PM
Oh, wow, I'm sorry to hear that. NG+ does not reset your entire game. Instead, you roll into another iteration of the campaign with your Arisen, pawn and stuff entirely intact, in storage.

The crucial question is LOAD CLEARED GAME. This should be answered YES.

Do not ever, never use the NEW GAME prompt, or all progress is erased back to Level 1 and your Arisen and pawn are gone. The only things left are your existing achievements unless your pawn has been rented and released by another player, then you receive only your own pawn's knowledge and whatever gift and rc that player released it with.
---
#10HiimCyrusPosted 1/18/2014 7:02:38 PM(edited)
Karathrax posted...
Oh, wow, I'm sorry to hear that. NG+ does not reset your entire game. Instead, you roll into another iteration of the campaign with your Arisen, pawn and stuff entirely intact, in storage.

The crucial question is LOAD CLEARED GAME. This should be answered YES.

Do not ever, never use the NEW GAME prompt, or all progress is erased back to Level 1 and your Arisen and pawn are gone. The only things left are your existing achievements unless your pawn has been rented and released by another player, then you receive only your own pawn's knowledge and whatever gift and rc that player released it with.

I know NG+ carries everything over, I had a power surge and it shut my xbox and TV off, so I guess it happened while it was saving. Oh well, it reloaded my original DD save, so I didn't have to completely start over

I had already started playing again in ng+, I was trying to get the Assassins band and daggerists band on BBI. I managed to get one, sucks it was lost though haha
---
CHEST HIGH WALLS ARE THE SECRET TO VICTORY!!
Popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good, or because Will Smith is in it.