Where is the Black Cat vendor? Spoilers

#11DrNick2008Posted 1/18/2014 7:11:55 PM
Mixorz posted...
So what would happen if you beat the Ur Dragon before collecting to 20 wake stones (which is what I'm currently on)?

Nothing would happen if/when you defeat the offline Ur dragon... except, as Kara mentioned above, you would earn the reward of beating the Ur dragon: 20 wakestones, 1 of 3 holy weapons (daggers, sword, or staff), a few odds-and-ends, and 150,000 XP.

The Ur dragon, offline and online, are optional bosses found in the Chamber of Lament (1 of 15 chambers in the Everfall). The offline Ur is an excellent source of XP for leveling-up purposes. It is also an excellent source of money, because if you sell everything you get over 1 million gold (even more depending on how many party members have the Suasion augment equipped). It is also a good source to Dragonforge equipment as it has a 30% DF rate. The offline Ur fight is a challenging and fun fight, but has nothing to do with the story line, or progressing the plot, or completing that last quest.

Kara is absolutely correct when she says to be careful when you turn in those 20 wakestones to complete that quest. You will then be on a one way road that leads to NG+.

- Make sure that you've fully explored the Everfall and all 15 chambers for all of the new weapons and armor available there (both in chests and by the 2 new vendors located in 2 of the chambers).

- Make sure you've re-explored ALL of Gransys as there are new monsters everywhere, lots of dragons, golems, cockatrices, gorechimeras, etc... all over the place.

- Make sure you've gotten the best Everfall weapons and armor for your Arisen and main pawn.

- Make sure you've Dragonforged all of your equipment and that of your main pawn.

- Make sure you've obtained every augment for your Arisen and main pawn using the "Noble Quarter Trick" which you can do a google or board search for if you're interested. This will make both your Arisen and main pawn stronger.

- Make sure you've completed all the board quests from all the quest boards. Remember, new ones pop up as you complete them.

There are LOTS of things to do before you start NG+... lots of fun things.

Have fun :)
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#12KarathraxPosted 1/18/2014 7:34:40 PM
HiimCyrus posted...

I know NG+ carries everything over, I had a power surge and it shut my xbox and TV off, so I guess it happened while it was saving. Oh well, it reloaded my original DD save, so I didn't have to completely start over

Indeed. There was no way to tell that happened from your earlier statement, though. Arguing about that's not important.

Seriously. If the Great Gods of the Rift know someone wants a particular thing, they will never get it. Blessed Feint, I'm looking at you...

Now I just jinxed myself for another 300 Gear purifications.

>.<
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#13Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 1:01:36 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
Mixorz posted...
So what would happen if you beat the Ur Dragon before collecting to 20 wake stones (which is what I'm currently on)?

Nothing would happen if/when you defeat the offline Ur dragon... except, as Kara mentioned above, you would earn the reward of beating the Ur dragon: 20 wakestones, 1 of 3 holy weapons (daggers, sword, or staff), a few odds-and-ends, and 150,000 XP.

The Ur dragon, offline and online, are optional bosses found in the Chamber of Lament (1 of 15 chambers in the Everfall). The offline Ur is an excellent source of XP for leveling-up purposes. It is also an excellent source of money, because if you sell everything you get over 1 million gold (even more depending on how many party members have the Suasion augment equipped). It is also a good source to Dragonforge equipment as it has a 30% DF rate. The offline Ur fight is a challenging and fun fight, but has nothing to do with the story line, or progressing the plot, or completing that last quest.

Kara is absolutely correct when she says to be careful when you turn in those 20 wakestones to complete that quest. You will then be on a one way road that leads to NG+.

- Make sure that you've fully explored the Everfall and all 15 chambers for all of the new weapons and armor available there (both in chests and by the 2 new vendors located in 2 of the chambers).

- Make sure you've re-explored ALL of Gransys as there are new monsters everywhere, lots of dragons, golems, cockatrices, gorechimeras, etc... all over the place.

- Make sure you've gotten the best Everfall weapons and armor for your Arisen and main pawn.

- Make sure you've Dragonforged all of your equipment and that of your main pawn.

- Make sure you've obtained every augment for your Arisen and main pawn using the "Noble Quarter Trick" which you can do a google or board search for if you're interested. This will make both your Arisen and main pawn stronger.

- Make sure you've completed all the board quests from all the quest boards. Remember, new ones pop up as you complete them.

There are LOTS of things to do before you start NG+... lots of fun things.

Have fun :)

So...is the best equipment in the ever fall? Or is it in the shops?

Also to dragon forge your items I assume you have to kill Ur Dragon (or can you fight Grigori again)?
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#14DrNick2008Posted 1/19/2014 1:18:32 PM(edited)
Mixorz posted...
<So...is the best equipment in the ever fall? Or is it in the shops?

Until you get to BBI, the best weapons in the game are the Grigori weapons. Nearly as good are the Ur dragon weapons. Also, weapons that are nearly as good are found in various chests in the Everfall. The 2 weapon/armor vendors in the Everfall sell some of these weapons and armor pieces, but not all of them. They can be expensive though... some of which are over 1M gold.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Delec

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Joye

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Everfall

Also to dragon forge your items I assume you have to kill Ur Dragon (or can you fight Grigori again)?

Look up the dragonforging rates here...

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Forged_Equipment

The online Ur dragon, like Grigori, DFs 100% of equipped gear. But my guess is that your Arisen and team are not nearly strong or experienced enough to take in an online Ur dragon Grace kill.

The other dragons (offline Ur, drake, wyvern, wyrm) DF equipment at lesser rates, but require them to be enhanced, with the best rates at 3-star enhancement. Some folks do speed runs to get Grigori their gear DF'd, but I've always found that to be a waste of time. IMO, the offline Ur and the drake/wyvern/wyrm rates are quicker, even if you have to farm them a bit. :)
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#15Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 2:50:50 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
Mixorz posted...
<So...is the best equipment in the ever fall? Or is it in the shops?

Until you get to BBI, the best weapons in the game are the Grigori weapons. Nearly as good are the Ur dragon weapons. Also, weapons that are nearly as good are found in various chests in the Everfall. The 2 weapon/armor vendors in the Everfall sell some of these weapons and armor pieces, but not all of them. They can be expensive though... some of which are over 1M gold.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Delec

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Joye

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Everfall

Look up the dragonforging rates here...

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Forged_Equipment

The online Ur dragon, like Grigori, DFs 100% of equipped gear. But my guess is that your Arisen and team are not nearly strong or experienced enough to take in an online Ur dragon Grace kill.

The other dragons (offline Ur, drake, wyvern, wyrm) DF equipment at lesser rates, but require them to be enhanced, with the best rates at 3-star enhancement. Some folks do speed runs to get Grigori their gear DF'd, but I've always found that to be a waste of time. IMO, the offline Ur and the drake/wyvern/wyrm rates are quicker, even if you have to farm them a bit. :)

Well I just faced Ur Dragon and got killed (am lvl 53). I kind of screwed up though.

I haven't even found the vendors in the ever fall. Will look immediately.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift