Should I waste any more time resetting in the Everfall?

#1Shado ManPosted 1/23/2014 5:00:44 PM
Save-resetting is ruining this game for me. I've spent almost all of my last 5 hours in-game save-resetting for 10 chests in the Everfall. It's just terrible. So what I'm wondering is, should I put this much effort into any Everall loot when BBI is just around the corner? I haven't done any BBI stuff yet and plan to start a NG+ before I do anything in BBI. I've already got a Dragon's Vein and Dragon's Rancor and pretty much the best pre-Everfall armors at this point.
---
Currently playing - MapleStory, Dragon's Dogma.
I, Frankenstein - January 24th.
#2SorrowOfAcheronPosted 1/23/2014 5:08:08 PM
You can get EverFall loot easily in BBI.
So I wouldn't waste my time resetting.
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron
Roy (Awakening DLC appearance & unique moveset) and Matthew & Sveta (Golden Sun) for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
#3ChaobringerPosted 1/23/2014 9:07:19 PM
Including the Dragonroar?
#4KindaSleepyPosted 1/24/2014 1:21:40 AM
Just got to Everfall and after I see the drop rate for those good gears (2%), I decided to see Everfall as some place for me to level up before I go BBI. All those time reloading? You can easily level to lvl100 and go farming in BBI.

Now I just kill stuff in Everfall, if I come across some good stuff, like this Carnation sword, great. If not, well too bad for me. I venture out to kill some dragonkins for dragon forging from time to time. Or other boss monsters for materials.

By the way, where are the griffons post-dragon? Went to the blue moon tower and some other surprise was waiting for me there XD
#5SorrowOfAcheronPosted 1/24/2014 3:08:54 AM
Chaobringer posted...
Including the Dragonroar?

No; Dragonroar is only in the EverFall.

KindaSleepy posted...
Just got to Everfall and after I see the drop rate for those good gears (2%), I decided to see Everfall as some place for me to level up before I go BBI. All those time reloading? You can easily level to lvl100 and go farming in BBI.

Now I just kill stuff in Everfall, if I come across some good stuff, like this Carnation sword, great. If not, well too bad for me. I venture out to kill some dragonkins for dragon forging from time to time. Or other boss monsters for materials.

By the way, where are the griffons post-dragon? Went to the blue moon tower and some other surprise was waiting for me there XD

I think the only Griffin post-game is the one at HillFigure Knoll.
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron
Roy (Awakening DLC appearance & unique moveset) and Matthew & Sveta (Golden Sun) for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
#6Derdak54Posted 1/24/2014 5:39:54 AM
Shado Man posted...
Save-resetting is ruining this game for me. I've spent almost all of my last 5 hours in-game save-resetting for 10 chests in the Everfall. It's just terrible. So what I'm wondering is, should I put this much effort into any Everall loot when BBI is just around the corner? I haven't done any BBI stuff yet and plan to start a NG+ before I do anything in BBI. I've already got a Dragon's Vein and Dragon's Rancor and pretty much the best pre-Everfall armors at this point.

seems like you're at a point where starting BBl would be wise . lots of weapons/armor from everfall can be farmed also on BBl ( pre-daimon though ) and faster to get them by godsbane .i've seen twilight , golden lion , red dragon scale sets for exemple , i even memorized the chest that spawn the berzerkin ( tower of treason repair pre-daimon , chest 5 for those wondering )
---
GTs: Derdak54 , GRDvStingray69 , ArisenNemesis00 , BadAstronaut38
-----Tessa_Sorc ---- Felli_Sorc ---- Chrysaor_ Ranger --- Miranda_Strider
#7KarathraxPosted 1/24/2014 10:01:29 AM
The funniest chest looting I have had in BBI was casually walking up to to a pair of chests in the Forsaken Cathedral and getting Shadow Gauntlets, one right after the other.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#8Shado Man(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 10:11:08 AM
KindaSleepy posted...

2%, huh? Yeah, that seems about right, considering how many times I had to reload before I saw even one equip in some chests.

Anyway, I took the advice posted here and just moved on. It's amazing how much more fun this game is when you actually play it instead of spending 50 out of every 60 seconds on a menu/loading screen.
---
Currently playing - MapleStory, Dragon's Dogma.
I, Frankenstein - January 24th.
#9DanOverboardPosted 1/24/2014 10:11:59 AM
Derdak54 posted...
seems like you're at a point where starting BBl would be wise . lots of weapons/armor from everfall can be farmed also on BBl ( pre-daimon though ) and faster to get them by godsbane .i've seen twilight , golden lion , red dragon scale sets for exemple , i even memorized the chest that spawn the berzerkin ( tower of treason repair pre-daimon , chest 5 for those wondering )

That's actually where I received most of my Everfall gear. I never Godsbaned in Everfall and only ran it a bit more than what was necessary (each room a handful of times). By the time I got them in BBI they were more or less cosmetic but well appreciated. :)
---
GT: DanOnFire
DD:DA Pawn - Marshuul, Lvl. 200 Sorcerer, Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator, heartthrob
#10KindaSleepyPosted 1/24/2014 2:22:46 PM
Since we're here talking about Everfall, how many wake stone is "enough" before I move on, to NG+ or BBI? 100 after that wakestone quest? Or should I farm some more?