Ur dragon online?

#21robert43sPosted 1/24/2014 2:27:49 AM
I find I never bother with holy enhancement anymore, but there again, I can easily exceed the cap.

I did have URdy fall outside the arena once. I had hit him with arrows when he was flying around the arena. Sometimes he gets stuck in the air. I'm certain there were other cases where he glitched and I had to leave.

Also, if you are on him and he puts you out of bounds, then he can immediately leave. Sometimes he had left early and I'm puzzled why (I'm certain I was not out of bounds).
---
If there are spelling errors, or wrong words, it's probably the iPads autocorrect.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
#22Fishy_42Posted 1/24/2014 3:12:05 AM
Rumsfield posted...
Do you go in fighting with other players, or are you using 3 pawns?

Those would be pawns, you can have up to 3 (main pawn + 2 rented support pawns).
No multiplayer in this game.

robert43s posted...
I find I never bother with holy enhancement anymore, but there again, I can easily exceed the cap.

Same here. Unless playing Sorcerer, I just request the buffs before Ur lands. The pawns won't re-apply buffs during the round no matter how many times I ask anyway.

So far haven't managed to hit the cap. Also fresh out of ideas to increase my damage lately.
---
GT: Fishy42
Pawn: Lightning (200) Fighter
#23eclipsedkhaos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 3:40:28 AM
I noticed pawns are kinda dumb they don't really seem to use a lot of the abilities you give them most of the time. Seems mostly they are around to be a meat shield.
---
Chaos ist immer
#24DrNick2008Posted 1/24/2014 6:05:44 AM
eclipsedkhaos posted...
I noticed pawns are kinda dumb they don't really seem to use a lot of the abilities you give them most of the time. Seems mostly they are around to be a meat shield.

I've noticed the exact opposite to be true... as long as the pawn had an appropriate inclination for its vocation. If your main pawn has a battle effective inclination, then he/she is an incredibly valuable tool in battle and uses the appropriate skill at the appropriate time... for the most part. If you've chosen a poor inclination (or allowed a poor inclination to seep in), then yes, pawns are "kinda dumb" as you put it. The same holds true for hired pawns... only choose ones with battle effective inclinations and you'll see wonderful support.

Basically, what I'm saying is this... if you are seeing poor behavior from your pawns, it is likely your fault. Both, for choosing a poor inclination in your main pawn, and for hiring support pawns with poor inclinations.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#25eclipsedkhaos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 6:12:27 AM
not talking about mine, I have mine as a healer and buffer mage. does that beautifully, im talking most of the support pawns iv seen
---
Chaos ist immer
#26DrNick2008Posted 1/24/2014 6:14:58 AM
eclipsedkhaos posted...
not talking about mine, I have mine as a healer and buffer mage. does that beautifully, im talking most of the support pawns iv seen

It's still your fault. Sorry :(

It is YOU who are choosing to hire those support pawns. If you see poor battle behavior from hired support pawns, then you are choosing pawns with inclinations that are most likely not vocation appropriate.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#27KarathraxPosted 1/24/2014 9:57:49 AM
I don't take a Mage to an Ur fight. The vocation does not possess spells that put out enough damage to justify a party slot, unfortunately.

The Ur cannot be debilitated.

As Dr Nick says, if you have useless pawns, trade them in for better ones. The pawns I take into the chamber of Lament normally take two hearts on their own during Grace, and during rounds, keep the Ur interrupted so badly that it is incapable of completing attacks.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#28HiimCyrusPosted 1/24/2014 10:02:30 AM
Rumsfield posted...
I'm up at work, for another 2 1/2 hours. So if you all are up for chatting, I do have another question | Warning: You may actually become dumber reading my question =D

I just watched part of a youtube demo video of a MK fight the Ur. My question is this: Do you go in fighting with other players, or are you using 3 pawns?

You just go in with pawns like normal, but all the damage from everyone fighting it gets pooled together
---
CHEST HIGH WALLS ARE THE SECRET TO VICTORY!!
Popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good, or because Will Smith is in it.
#29robert43sPosted 1/24/2014 10:57:29 AM(edited)
When I go in with my normal URdy destruction team (three striders and a sorcerer), then dragon is almost constantly being staggered, to such a point that the following occurs. We take no damage and the sorcerer can constantly cast spells. The dragon only has one chance, and that is his kill all pawns attack. Occasionally he casts that right at the beginning just as I've climbed to attack him.

Edit: Sometimes the iPhone's autocorrect is just plain wrong.
---
If there are spelling errors, or wrong words, it's probably the iPads autocorrect.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.