It seems that everyone plays on Hard mode now :/

#1Necro_Fear89Posted 1/24/2014 11:47:03 AM
Am I missing anything by not playing on Hard mode? I am having a hard enough time with the monsters in BBI, Gorecyclops and Eliminators are extremely tough in normal so I can't even begin to imagine them on Hard mode. Is a Min/Maxed build necessary? Do I need to follow a specific build type to actually survive? While I do want a bigger challenge, I don't want to break my head worrying so much about stats and less on having fun.
---
All riven, kith and kin, all given for this- a never ending riddle,
my flesh worn, heart betorn, mind, by mem'ry, begyved...
#2robert43sPosted 1/24/2014 11:49:00 AM
Just have fun. Most of us on hard mode are probably at level 200.
---
If there are spelling errors, or wrong words, it's probably the iPads autocorrect.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
#3HiimCyrusPosted 1/24/2014 11:50:35 AM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
Am I missing anything by not playing on Hard mode? I am having a hard enough time with the monsters in BBI, Gorecyclops and Eliminators are extremely tough in normal so I can't even begin to imagine them on Hard mode. Is a Min/Maxed build necessary? Do I need to follow a specific build type to actually survive? While I do want a bigger challenge, I don't want to break my head worrying so much about stats and less on having fun.

You just get more exp on hardmode as far as I'm aware.

Do any portcrystals I've put down carry over in hardmode?
---
CHEST HIGH WALLS ARE THE SECRET TO VICTORY!!
Popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good, or because Will Smith is in it.
#4DanOverboardPosted 1/24/2014 12:00:11 PM
Portcrystals should stay, but you won't be able to use them until reaching Gran Soren (if I remember correctly).

If you are a good ways through the game, consider starting up NG+, saving, and then going to the menu and begin hard mode. That way you will not lose any story/quest progress.
---
GT: DanOnFire
DD:DA Pawn - Marshuul, Lvl. 200 Sorcerer, Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator, heartthrob
#5my_dogma_effectPosted 1/24/2014 12:14:30 PM
Your not missing out or hurting yourself playing on normal versus hard mode. Most of the people on hard are either in ng+ and looking for a challenge or people working to level alts faster as they are familiar with enemy tactics and stamina usage. You should play through first time on normal/easy depending on skill and consider hard mode on your 2nd run to add a little challenge when fighting through story as opposed to just rolling over enemies
#6DrNick2008Posted 1/24/2014 12:25:58 PM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
Is a Min/Maxed build necessary?

No. In fact, min/max'd builds are no longer even recommended for BBI because of the significant lack of either Def or MagDef in those builds.

Do I need to follow a specific build type to actually survive?

No. DD is a rare game where it is near impossible to mess up a build. Even "fun" builds with arguably horrid stats can kill any monster in the game effectively (as long as you take advantage of all of the other facets of a build and load-out). My stats (from my "fun" build) are not impressive at all, but yet there is no monster on BBI that I cannot kill, utilizing both Str- and Mag-based vocations. I even have 100+ online Ur dragon kills (the toughest monster in the game) with this build. Several of the other top players on this board have equally unimpressive stats, and their Arisens have killed the online Ur dragon many times more than myself.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#7Necro_Fear89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 12:43:55 PM
OK. Good to know I don't have to worry much about stats, I will make the jump eventually to Hard mode, it's not my first playthrough of the game but I must admit I am not very learned when it comes to the leveling system in this game. So I was worried I wasn't gonna be able to use certain classes on a higher difficulty since they're not the "Meta" If you will. Good to know everything can be versatile regardless of difficulty.
---
#8meralonnePosted 1/24/2014 1:08:44 PM
HiimCyrus posted...

You get double XP for killing monsters in Hard Mode. Quests offer the same XP value regardless of difficulty setting.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#9HiimCyrusPosted 1/24/2014 1:12:47 PM
meralonne posted...
HiimCyrus posted...

You get double XP for killing monsters in Hard Mode. Quests offer the same XP value regardless of difficulty setting.

Alright, well I was half right haha
---
CHEST HIGH WALLS ARE THE SECRET TO VICTORY!!
Popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good, or because Will Smith is in it.
#10Necro_Fear89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 1:19:27 PM
Btw, does the reloading trick still work for purifying cursed gear? I keep getting the same stuff every time save/reload.
---