Game of Thrones

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Game of Thrones
2 years ago#1
Just finished my Game of Thrones marathon. All 3 seasons.

before I started my favorite character was Daenerys Targaryen. Arya Stark has now gained top place.

Have to say this is a great show. Has anyone made any pawns of the characters?
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/a-zajame/201_zps420736b5.jpg
GT:DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita
2 years ago#2
Over the past 15 or 16 months I've been playing DD, I've seen dozens of threads asking the same question about GoT pawns. I've not seen any answers, though I agree it would be cool. :(

I love the HBO series as well. But I do have a (fairly large) problem with it. There are only 5 books out so far. There are supposed to be 7, supposedly. The author is 2 years (or something) into writing book #6 with no end in sight. Even though season 3 of the HBO series is only the first half of book #3 and season #4 being the second half. It seems that at this pace the HBO series will catch up to the books before the books and story is finished. Argh.

I've been tempted to read them (as the HBO series is that good), but I promised myself to not read any more fantasy series after going through the 20+ year wait for the Wheel of Time series to finish. I discovered the books in the early 90s, and the series (which was only supposed to be 5 books long -- #3 had been just released when I started book #1) turned out to be 14 books long taking over 20 years to complete; it finally concluded in 2013. It even took a second author to write the last 3 books from the author's notes after he passed on tragically from amyloidosis.

NO MORE unfinished series for me. Lol

As an aside.... the "Wheel of TIme" is an excellent series. A few of the middle books suffer from the "more words = more books = more money" syndrome, but it honestly was one of the best fantasy series I've ever read. Plus, book #14 itself and its absolute ending was incredible. Many long series (fantasy or otherwise) get so far into themselves that there is no good way to end it ("The Dark Tower" is such an example). But The WoT ended spectacularly, IMO.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
2 years ago#3
DatDarkOne posted...
Just finished my Game of Thrones marathon. All 3 seasons.

before I started my favorite character was Daenerys Targaryen. Arya Stark has now gained top place.

Have to say this is a great show. Has anyone made any pawns of the characters?

GoT is fantastic, can't wait for next season.

+1 for Arya Stark. Definitely the most interesting character IMO. Poor kid always ends up in the right place at the wrong time it seems. Looking forward to seeing how she bounces back from the wedding. Man that was messed up.

So far I haven't seen any GoT pawns :(
---
GT: Fishy42 | Pawn: Lightning - 200 Fighter - Mitigator/Scather
2 years ago#4
I did a little research on Arya Stark. She's going to become a very dangerous person.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/a-zajame/201_zps420736b5.jpg
2 years ago#5
I need to get back to watching it. I started the second season, but then got side tracked by something and havent went back yet.

The Wheel of Time is a very good series. Maybe one of my favorites. I was only waiting about 10 years myself, but still a long time to wait for the end of a story.
---
XBLGT: Slyfox729--Slyfox4323
Worst plague to ever hit mankind? The Internet.
2 years ago#6
DatDarkOne posted...
I did a little research on Arya Stark. She's going to become a very dangerous person.

Had the feeling of Epic Foreshadowing when she took out that guard.

Considering her previous goal was to get home, she's pretty much aimless with the Hound now.
Basically a walking time bomb with all that pent up rage....
---
2 years ago#7
Fishy_42 posted...
DatDarkOne posted...

Had the feeling of Epic Foreshadowing when she took out that guard.

Considering her previous goal was to get home, she's pretty much aimless with the Hound now.
Basically a walking time bomb with all that pent up rage....

I'll give you a hint. Faceless Assassin
---
2 years ago#8
I keep telling myself I'm gonna start watching GoT but it hasn't happened yet >.>
---
Gt/PSN/Steam: Vyeren
http://i.imgur.com/dWKzxAk.jpg
2 years ago#9
DatDarkOne posted...
I'll give you a hint. Faceless Assassin

Ohhhh totally forgot about those guys....

Now I really can't wait >.<

p.s. valar morghulis
---
2 years ago#10
I saw a Daenarys pawn in the Rift - the face was pretty good. Don't know the GT though, she wandered in, looked plaintively at me while I picked up a friend's pawn and disappeared. Should've hired her :(

Still on season 2 at the moment myself; brilliant series! Might read the books :D
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Game of Thrones

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived