Best way to do a Daimon run (Spoilers obviously)

#1gjs123Posted 2/9/2014 2:48:26 PM
So as the title suggests what's the best way

Right now I'm just doing 2nd shortcut and then killing everything on the way there.

Is it more recommended to just skip everything and run straight to Daimon's lair? Is it even possible to do that?

I'd imagine you can get through bloodless and rot (name) area pretty easily, but what about Scaryard(sp) and then the endless city?

Any tips are appreciated, I'm trying to farm a vile wakestone.
---
XBL: Stormaru
Insert witty comment here
#2robert43sPosted 2/9/2014 3:22:21 PM
Ignore all monsters, just run all the way to Daimon. Liquid vims will help here, or large mushrooms (anything that replenishes stamina). Also there are skills that can make you run fast (I think they are strider skills, may even be assassin skills). Of course you want your arisen setup to kill Daimon as fast as possible (I.e for str, use blast arrows, mag, MA with nine fold etc...).

There are videos on YouTube (search for Daimon Speed Farming).
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
#3gjs123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 3:27:36 PM
I forgot about the almighty youtube

Thanks
---
#4DrNick2008Posted 2/9/2014 3:40:50 PM
If you're doing the straight running method, don't forget to stop at the upper alcove just beyond the double condemned gorecyclops room. One of the 2 chests there is a guaranteed drop for a lvl 3 gear.

Also don't forget to take a Godsbane with you. Save just after you kill Daimon. The chests don't always yield a lvl 3 armor and lvl 3 weapon. Occasionally, the drop RC orbs. If that happens, just GB yourself and try the chests again until you get the lvl 3 armor and weapon.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#5gjs123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 3:46:36 PM
ok I was watching the video and the dude was shooting 7 HFB's at one time I've seen my pawns do it, sohow do I do that?

Need to take kid to soccer practice and I'll be back in a couple hours

thanks for the help folks
---
#6DrNick2008Posted 2/9/2014 3:52:05 PM
gjs123 posted...
ok I was watching the video and the dude was shooting 7 HFB's at one time I've seen my pawns do it, sohow do I do that?

1. Buff yourself with Holy.
2. Hold X until orbs start to circle top of archistaff.
3. Release.

FBs are great -- they take little or no stamina to charge, and you can charge them while walking or running. Make sure you have Ferocity equipped to get the most out of your FBs.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#7KarathraxPosted 2/9/2014 3:54:20 PM
Hold the X button down until your archistave pops and shows a brghter orb at the top. Let fly-- the charged shot is the Focus Bolt, and having the holy enchantment on your stave gives the bolts both more power and an auto-targeting property.

If you can jump at the same time you let fly with a HFB, Ferocity will add an additional 10% of your strength stat to your bolt at the precise moment it's released, in addition to adding 10% of your magick stat as the FB is a core skill. Eminence has no effect on magick skills, so stacking it is not recommended for a magick user.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#8gjs123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 5:29:53 PM
Thanks you guys, I really appreciate the hints and tips
---
#9DanOverboardPosted 2/10/2014 1:01:35 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
If you're doing the straight running method, don't forget to stop at the upper alcove just beyond the double condemned gorecyclops room. One of the 2 chests there is a guaranteed drop for a lvl 3 gear.

Also don't forget to take a Godsbane with you. Save just after you kill Daimon. The chests don't always yield a lvl 3 armor and lvl 3 weapon. Occasionally, the drop RC orbs. If that happens, just GB yourself and try the chests again until you get the lvl 3 armor and weapon.

In addition to this, I also stop in the Sparyard of Scant Mercy at the two chests in the alcove with the pit. By "stop" I mean let my pawns distract the Dragonkin for a few moments while I kick open the chests. Both have a chance of Gear Lv. 3 (post-Daimon) and if I don't get at least one then I hurtle myself into the black abyss below.
---
GT:DanOnFire Pawn:Marshuul, Sorcerer, Util/Chal/Mit, heartthrob
http://i.imgur.com/xzpnLss.jpg