Spoilers; I completed the game.(?)

#1tai2687Posted 2/10/2014 12:21:07 AM
I killed the Dragon and beat the game! ..or so I thought, anyways. The after credits Everfall stuff was unexpected to say the very least. Now I've got a couple new questions and will ask them via this giant wall of text;

1. Before I had to head to the Greatwall Encampment, Aldous was talking about going on a long journey for the Duke. After completing that whole bit I decided to explore the area after it had been wrecked and accidentally advanced the last quest by entering the temple map.

Did I miss anything major? It sounded like I'd be going somewhere important.

2. I'm a little confused as to what my objective is in the Everfall. I need to collect Wakestones, but is that the main questline? Do I have to fall onto the different platforms and fight bosses to collect them, or are they laying around somewhere?

3. I was in the cathedral area of Gran Soren looking for Royal Banners in some chests, when i was attacked by soldiers or something again. I noticed that they spawn infinitely, am I a bad person for farming the last two Mage ranks so I could survive the Everfall? (lol) Is that a known glitch/exploit?

4. When renting pawns, sometimes I get extra gear or outgrow stuff and the pawn is.. lacking in certain clothing areas. Is it taboo to equip them with hand-me-downs?

5. I've noticed people talk of trading gear/equipment, but when I gift stuff after releasing a pawn I can only give one item. How do I send more stuff? I feel bad when I can only send a single thing, especially when I had a very helpful groupie.

6. Dragon Forging equipment. Upon beating the Dragon, all my equipped gear was dragon forged. (Sadly I was leveling as an Assassin and missed out on mage equip upgrades and Dragon items.) How do I Dragon Forge my own stuff?

Romance is odd in this game. I gave Mercedes 40+ Cloudwines, but she moved away after her quest. I finished the Selene quests and she moved in with me. I was also tortured because of the Duchess.

I'm confused as to why I broke up a royal marriage. I mean, the guy is obviously insane, but does marriage mean nothing anymore? There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred.

I just wanted to be friends, but now I think about that massive Fournival questline and maybe things worked out alright. I missed out on Mercedes, but whatever. I guess this leads into my final question.

7. Upon starting a New Game+(or Hard mode), will my affinity for people be reset? I wanted to try chatting up some random villager or something.
---
~ Sincerely Yours, Rev. Edward. GT: That Edward. Pawn: Hawke
3DS FC:2535-4495-8469 Ground Safari: Sandshrew Marowak Diggersby
#2ThatOtterThiefPosted 2/10/2014 12:45:37 AM
tai2687 posted...
Cut for space

1. This page will contain some spoilers if you click on the quest titles so just glance at the quest names and see if you did them all http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hero

2. You don't have to go into all the rooms/fight all the monsters(although they give very nice exp and the chests can drop rare armor/weapons). Your main goal to move on and finish the game is get 20 Wakestones and talk to the npc for the quest turn in.

3. They'll keep respawning forever, it's how they're coded(kinda a way to 'make' you leave the area to get away from their 'onslaught'). No worries many players have used this place to farm disciple points/levels and some leave their Arisen sitting on a wall while eating/sleeping leaving their pawns to do all the dirty work.

4. Of course not, hand me downs have saved my pawn from going around Gransys naked many times when I first started out.

5. You can equip their pawn with armor/gear in the equipment tab(as long as it's usable by them in their current class/gender). As far as gifting them items like example ferrystones/portcrystals/idols whatnot, you can only gift them one of them at a time when releasing them.

6. After the big dragon, you'll have to fight other dragon kin to dragon forge your equipment. You need to fight Drakes/Wyrms/Wyverns and make sure the equipment you want Dragon forged has been upgraded to 1-3 stars, the higher the upgrade the better the chance to dragon forge. http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Forged_Equipment

Yeah.. the love interests in the game can be a bit tricky. Next game if you want Mercedes to show up, get her affinity maxed before her last quest and give her the Arisen bond if you have it.

The game throws Aelinore at you, literally. She's like 16 and apparently you're more faithful to her 'lord husband' than she is. It's not her fault, it's the writing. If you don't mind missing out on some quests with her, just ignore her when the game shoves her in your face.

Fournival is another easy love interest even when you don't want him that way. You can decrease his affinity for you by picking him up multiple times and letting him(try not to throw him even if it is funny).

7. Affinity somehow manages to stay, like I said up above though you can decrease it by doing things people don't like(example of picking them up and putting them down over and over).

Hope this helps!
---
GT: DarnOtterThief Pawn:Butch/Fighter 200
Alt GT: OtterStickup Pawn: Kayli/Sorcerer 50<
#3closetblondePosted 2/10/2014 12:52:31 AM(edited)
1, That quest you were supposed to be going on is just story filler, you were always going to be fighting the dragon after Deny Salvation.

2. Wakestones are in the different chambers in the Everfall. Just splat onto a ledge and go inside (NOT the Chamvber of Lament - Ur hides in there and will waste a low level player). Be warned that handing i the wakestones sends you straight to the final boss so make sure you're ready for that. Also, release any hired pawns BEFORE you leap into the glowy vortes or they'll get 3 stars across the board.

3. Everyone does this, it's a well known exploit :D

4. You can give pawns whatever you want, just don't give anything to game generated pawns cos it'll disappear.

5. Rlease pawn and give gift. Before leaving the rift, re-hire that pawn, release and give gift. Rinse and repeat. be warned you can only gift about 10 items amd a couple sets of armour/weapons before you'll get rocked. Leave the rift and rest and the pawn's creator will get whatever you equipped and the 10 items.

6. In post game there are dragons everywhere (Watergods altar, Bluemoon tower, Devilfire grove, Conqueror's sanctuary, Windbluff tower and flying around near the ancient quarry). Fight and kill one and your gear has a chance of being dragon forged. The more stars the gear has the better the chance. Offline Ur gives the best chance to DF gear while online Ur (if you get a kill during grace) will DF all your stuff. Cursed dragons on Bitterblack Isle also have a very high chance of DRing stuff.

7. As far as romance goes, affinity doesn;'t reset. Unless you kill them a few times. They'll respawn but won't like you. Or you could use liquid effluvium on them (BBI download item). If have the hero achievement (and don't care about side quests) don't talk to ANYONE once you've slaughtered you way through your admirers. Once you've killed the cockatrice, but before you accept Deny Salvation, go find your intended LI, give them lots of gifts and the arisen's bond. Then accept the quest and go do it straight away. With luck, you should see your ring fall out of the sky after the dragon flies off.

Edit: Ninja'd >.<
#4tai2687(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 12:57:26 AM
closetblonde posted...
With luck, you should see your ring fall out of the sky after the dragon flies off.

My ring? I don't think I got a ring at any point. Also never heard of this Arisen Bond thing. I guess I'll bug Aelinore in NG+ or something to make her like me less.
---
#5ThatOtterThiefPosted 2/10/2014 1:02:41 AM
tai2687 posted...
closetblonde posted...
With luck, you should see your ring fall out of the sky after the dragon flies off.

My ring? I don't think I got a ring at any point. Also never heard of this Arisen Bond thing. I guess I'll bug Aelinore in NG+ or something to make her like me less.

Arisen Bond is the ring that should fall if your wanted Love Interest is taken captive. It can be obtained after a quest concerning Selene http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Arisen's_Bond
---
#6tai2687(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 1:12:40 AM
Ah, I missed out on that quest. I seemed to have bypassed quite a few things somehow. Anyways, thanks for the quick replies and such. Much appreciated!

I'll probably hang around here to bug you folks for a while yet, though I'll keep the questions to a minimum. I can see myself playing this game many times. Best $40 I spent in ages.
---
#7ThatOtterThiefPosted 2/10/2014 1:14:16 AM
tai2687 posted...
Ah, I missed out on that quest. I seemed to have bypassed quite a few things somehow. Anyways, thanks for the quick replies and such. Much appreciated!

I'll probably hang around here to bug you folks for a while yet, though I'll keep the questions to a minimum. I can see myself playing this game many times. Best $40 I spent in ages.

No problem and glad you enjoy the game, need anything else or have questions don't be worried bout posting them up; after all that's one of the reasons the board is here =P
---