The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What would be on your wish list for the next game?

#1RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 2/11/2014 7:09:04 PM
A friend asked me what I'd like to see in the next one. I'm curious what some other people would have on their list. Go crazy. I like being creative so I love thinking about stuff like this. On my list:

6 skills for Warriors.

Continued skill unlocks up to 100, though they'd have to be at a much reduced unlock pace and tied to character levels as class x, y, or z.

A few exclusive unlocks for those who make 'pure' builds. Sticking 150 levels as MK, Mage, or Warrior should give you something special.

Improved status spells (Petrification, Exequy, etc)

Traveling to the other kingdom(s)

I'd like to see Frazil changed to a charged burst AoE that is a snap freeze perhaps with full level 2 charge releasing an icy mist that lingers and rises so it can catch flying enemies (raining harpies, heh).

Comestation changed a bit to be more snazzy. It's a fantastic spell but in a game with the likes of level 2 spells like Frigor and Brontide (my favorite visual) it fails to make me grin or generate those super cool looking moments like the others.

A couple new weapon styles. Maybe a dueling sword and dagger. A spear or polearm fighting set. Perhaps a flail. I don't think every game needs twin swords or double weapons.

Anyone else?
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO, Pawn: Kyrestia- Sorcerer
Dragon's Dogma alts & pawns: JosieBleak- Fighter, PhantasyStarPSO- Bezel Ranger
#2Masamune_DSPosted 2/11/2014 7:17:36 PM
I would like a little more variety in skills. A skill is what I have in mind, but a small one. In regards to the Warrior, I wouldn't mind sacrificing attack power for more speed.
---
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny
#3Masamune_DSPosted 2/11/2014 8:29:08 PM
^Meant to say "skill tree".
---
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny
#4DrNick2008Posted 2/11/2014 8:37:28 PM
A way to get rid of the Rift Crystal system... or failing that, a way to earn RCs not so dependant on pawn rentals or farming pawltry amounts of RC orbs. Maybe able to buy RCs?... 1 RC costs 10 gold, or something akin to that?

A way to reassign builds from whatever level you happen to be in. Not that I'd change my Arisen much... maybe redirect some of my Arisen's huge MagDef into Str or something. It'd be fine, even if there was a large cost to doing this... maybe loss of levels, or huge amounts of gold or RCs or some future resource.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#5ThatOtterThiefPosted 2/11/2014 9:42:25 PM
More snowy regions and the ability to start a snowball fight with your pawn :3

Also I like that idea DrNick, I'd love to give some of my MDef and transfer it into either more Str or Mag dmg.
---
GT: DarnOtterThief Pawn:Butch/Fighter 200
Alt GT: OtterStickup Pawn: Kayli/Sorcerer 50<
#6Maiden_DethPosted 2/11/2014 9:44:34 PM
In DD2, I'd like to see:

Multiplayer servers added along with some Player vs Player features.

A few more tactical commands for the pawns. Especially a STAY command, and the ability to go solo without have to throw your pawns over a cliff.

Vocation Respec options that would allow for a total reset of points achieved.

Random loot Borderlands 1 or Diablo 3 style. It's too tempting to treasure grind with the Godsbane when players know the loot content in each chest. Obtaining a few of the Everfall armor sets was the least fun I've ever had playing an RPG... ironically in one of the best games of this genre.

Last, but not least, a more forgiving Save System. I don't think a few more save slots would ruin the experience.

That's it for now, but I'll think of more :)
---
"No matter what your past has been, you have a spotless future." - A fortune cookie from God
#7ThatOtterThiefPosted 2/11/2014 9:48:40 PM
Maiden_Deth posted...
In DD2, I'd like to see:

Random loot Borderlands 1 or Diablo 3 style. It's too tempting to treasure grind with the Godsbane when players know the loot content in each chest. Obtaining a few of the Everfall armor sets was the least fun I've ever had playing an RPG... ironically in one of the best games of this genre.

Last, but not least, a more forgiving Save System. I don't think a few more save slots would ruin the experience.

That's it for now, but I'll think of more :)

I would love more loot and for it to be more random, that keeps things interesting and all the players guessing.

Yes, definitely yes to more save slots.. it would help with all the save corruptions.
---
GT: DarnOtterThief Pawn:Butch/Fighter 200
Alt GT: OtterStickup Pawn: Kayli/Sorcerer 50<
#8xEmeraldArcherxPosted 2/11/2014 11:49:55 PM
I have no problem with this game. But I would love a multiplayer version of it. Pawn System is unique too!
#9DrNick2008Posted 2/11/2014 11:58:14 PM
Ugh. Multiplayer/PvP/Co-op ruins so many otherwise good games.

Think we have a problem with save editing pawns now? Wait until there's MP. Every cheater out there will mod/edit every Arisen and every pawn.

I really hope Capcom resists putting MP into a DD sequel.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#10Dutch257Posted 2/12/2014 2:54:25 AM
Play the vocation of your choice from the beginning and not having to switch vocations just for the stats. Simply choose a stat you want to increase when you level. Just old school RPG..... Want to be a MA? Be a MA and not a sorcerer for a zillion levels.