What would be on your wish list for the next game?

#41DrNick2008Posted 2/20/2014 4:26:56 PM
AnimeNikkaJamal posted...
Most important: Pawn AI NEEDS WORK. Inclination may have started as a good idea but the fact that every pawn eventually becomes another useless Guardian needs to be addressed.

This is absolutely NOT true. I cannot remember the last time my pawn became Guardian. It is poor gameplay on your part that is causing Guardian to appear on your pawn. Guardian is encouraged by using the "Come" or "Help" L-pad commands, indicating that you need help... hence a Guardian pawn. Guardian is also encourage if you run out of stamina to 0 and huffing and puffing, where you cannot move until you recover stamina, indicating you need protection.... hence a Guardian pawn.

If you are getting Guardian pop up over and over again, it is not the game's fault. You have only yourself to blame.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#42KarathraxPosted 2/20/2014 4:37:33 PM
A ton of strength is absolutely useless to a Mage or Sorceror, but a ton of magic potentially works well with any class.

This is incorrect. A ton of strength makes Bolide, Gicel and I believe Seism hit harder, as they have a STR component in a like manner to the MK's Great Cannon (which itself is based on a 40/60 STR/MAG split).
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#43AnimeNikkaJamalPosted 2/21/2014 10:23:46 AM(edited)
DrNick2008 posted...
Most important: Pawn AI NEEDS WORK. Inclination may have started as a good idea but the fact that every pawn eventually becomes another useless Guardian needs to be addressed.

This is absolutely NOT true. I cannot remember the last time my pawn became Guardian. It is poor gameplay on your part that is causing Guardian to appear on your pawn. Guardian is encouraged by using the "Come" or "Help" L-pad commands, indicating that you need help... hence a Guardian pawn. Guardian is also encourage if you run out of stamina to 0 and huffing and puffing, where you cannot move until you recover stamina, indicating you need protection.... hence a Guardian pawn.

If you are getting Guardian pop up over and over again, it is not the game's fault. You have only yourself to blame.

I was under the impression that a bad inclination shouldn't be encouraged by use of a normal gameplay mechanic. It's not "poor" gameplay if the game's design encourages it but punishes the player for actually doing it. That's poor game design, and IS the game's fault. YOU may know better because YOU'VE done the research but to an absolutely normal and casual player who's going off what's learned in the intro and manual instead of gfaqs and wikia, they're going to play this game none the wiser that the command feature, which is commonly a very useful and relied upon feature in video games, will eventually make their pawn stupid and nonrentable. There's no indication of this in the game whatsoever except independently researching WHY your pawn stands around and does nothing.

And the fact that the inclination names and descriptions aren't very indicative of what they'll actually do is another massive problem that exacerbates the first. Again, Mr. I'm-the-perfect-DDDA-player, you may know exactly how Guardian and Medicant and Nexus and Acquistor function, but someone picking up this game and playing it with no guide is gonna see "Main pawn will protect you" and think it's AWESOME. Who, without outside inclination knowledge, wouldn't want their healer to be a Guardian/Medicant? The majority probably are, that's exactly what mine was the first time around. And we all see these pawns, they're the vast majority in the rift, and it pisses me off. The game doesn't even point out the rift shop where the inclination potions are, so even if you hate your inclination you'd have to google a way to change it. Do it now, and you'd see there's a thread ON THIS VERY BOARD called "Can you change your main pawn's primary inclinanation?" and several others like it. So it's a huge GAME DESIGN problem, not a player issue. People are playing the game the way they think it works.

I'll repeat myself: pawn AI, inclination control, and command is the biggest flaw in this game, period. If DD2 corrected just that it'd already be a completely different and much better game.

Secondly, I don't even use the D-pad and Guardian eventually overrides other inclinations. Since you're such a perfect player that your inclinations don't change, kudos to you. Upload some educational gameplay vids so I can learn why my pawn like to revert every in-game week.

As for spells, you're not getting anywhere near a completely effective character relying on the Str Component of Bolide/Gicel/Frigor and maybe Seism. The problem with hybrid spells is that Staves/Archistaves don't add enough Str for the concept to work as well as taking a purely physical class and making it half magical. You can do it, sure, but it'd just be all negatives and no positives besides Golem/Metal takedowns, and they aren't hard enough bosses at endgame to warrant such a build unless you're solo.
---
GT: NYC Phoenix
Pawn: Sabre Lily Lv111 no-charge-skills Holy Warrior Scather/Mitigator immune to Sleep/Petrf/Possn/Curs/Blind/SkllStfl/StrLowrd/MagLowrd/Torpr
#44ToadwarttPosted 2/21/2014 11:36:28 AM
Foremost would be a ng+ that was higher level then the original run.
---
We are ATLAS!
Both consoles: 69 Mordecai, 69 Lilith & 69 Roland
#45KarathraxPosted 2/22/2014 7:31:00 AM

As for spells, you're not getting anywhere near a completely effective character relying on the Str Component of Bolide/Gicel/Frigor and maybe Seism. The problem with hybrid spells is that Staves/Archistaves don't add enough Str for the concept to work as well as taking a purely physical class and making it half magical. You can do it, sure, but it'd just be all negatives and no positives besides Golem/Metal takedowns, and they aren't hard enough bosses at endgame to warrant such a build unless you're solo.

After making eight or so pawns and Arisens of extremely varied builds on both consoles and about 3500 hours in this game playing them all, this is news to me. Damage was dissected by a person taking apart the game via a save editor about a year ago who discovered that there is very little difference in damage output between a character who has either a base strength or base magic stat over 500 until one reaches a base stat of 1100-- which is impossible to obtain through normal leveling.

Having played all these pawns and Arisens as a way to empirically test that person's assertions the hard way as I do not know how to save edit and have no interest in learning, I can truthfully say that there is less than a second of kill time, or even a fraction of a second between characters with the lower str or magick when compared to their min/max counterparts when set up identically with the same loadouts, equipment and tools/curatives. The significant difference is survivability as the varied DEF and MDEF stats come into play.

Min/maxing a pawn or Arisen is a waste of time, and a limiter on experiencing all the varied forms of combat in this game. Moreover, by equipping a balanced pawn or Arisen with stat rings rather than skill rings, one can end up with a dagger-class character capable of defeating both damage thresholds, which is something no min/max character can do as easily.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#46cyclone327Posted 2/22/2014 1:30:18 PM
1. Co-op system where I can join my friends world and play with his arisen and pawn and my arisen and pawn.
2. bigger world I want to run around and explore and extremely vast world with lots of different local to visit
3. more monster gotta love the monster and the bigger the better.
4. more epic music to go with the game. Every time i listen to the soundtrack it just makes me want to play more dogma.
5. more skills, enough said.
6.more quest the more the better.
7. a new type of game play with a bounty hunter/assassin mechanic where you go into other players worlds as hired contract killers and hunt them down and claim gold and gear as a reward to accomplishing these tasks. if the person being hunted kills you instead they get rare rewards/drops from your character. This game play mode can be turned off or on in the options menu.

number 7. is a bit of a stretch but it would be pretty cool to see something like this. Not everyone is a fan of what the arisen does.
#47Professor_AzurePosted 2/22/2014 9:37:34 PM
KerrinScott posted...
...the notion, though, that a village like Cassardis -- ostensibly a FISHING village -- would even exist if there were an ocean entity that ate anyone who went into the water is patently ridiculous.

Boats?
---
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PSN: Oreo_Lightning
#48DrNick2008Posted 2/22/2014 9:41:35 PM
cyclone327 posted...
7. a new type of game play with a bounty hunter/assassin mechanic where you go into other players worlds as hired contract killers and hunt them down and claim gold and gear as a reward to accomplishing these tasks.

This would ruin DD, just like it has ruined so many other games. People who do s*** like this are nothing but online bullies who take a perverse pleasure in ruining the gaming experience of other players.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#49Snake_OilPosted 2/23/2014 1:33:16 AM
ALOT MORE sidequests; like infinitely randomly-generated ones!

Raise level cap to 999!

SUPER COMBO ATTACKS (like Hundredfold Flurry) that drain your entire stamina meter!

SPECIAL TEAM COMBO ATTACKS similar to Warriors Orochi!

COMBAT TACTICS SLOTS similar to the Dragon Age!

WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION similar to Skyrim!

Pawns can be multi-classed!

Online AND offline multi-player with up to 4 parties at once!

A much more STABLE and FASTER server!

Option to play as the Seneschal in New Game+!

Option to keep pawns on MUTE!

Option to revive pawns who have drowned or fallen to their deaths!

Gran Soren guards don't come back after being killed!

Make the Duke killable!

Killed NPCs drop gold and items just like enemies would!

Some non-important or despicable NPCs (like Symone) can be killed off PERMANENTLY!

Portcrystals allowed to be placed INSIDE of caverns and dungeons!

More Portcrystal locations allowed!

More rest spots conveniently located all over the map!

More pawns to drag along!

More wandering pawns roaming the world!

More slots for augments!

More inclinations for pawns!

More chain combos!

More details on the backstory about Savan!

More gore, sex, and nudity!

More crass dialog!

More language options!

More levels of rarification! (Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond-dragonforged, ect.)

Savior Rings can be achieved more than once!

Edit your arisen or pawn anytime at Devyn's Barber Shop!

More hairstyle options available!

Forge multiple items at the Black Cat, and have them ready for pickup instantly!

Buy back ANY items you have previously discarded at the Black Cat!

Trade multiple items at once with other players!

Trade even BBI and Everfall loot with other players!

Your choice of receiving either gold or RC when selling your items to merchants!

Merchants randomly change their inventory items!

Store all your excess gold at the inn! (NO limit)

Buy/sell/deposit/withdraw/combine items or change vocation and learn/set skills at ANY rest spot!

Riftstones located at ALL rest spots!

Custom create and name ANY vocation you want!

Custom tattoo and body paint options!

Any vocation can wear ANY armor/clothing they want!

Elemental properties for ANY weapon!

Spears, Halberds, and other polearm weapons!

Whips, slingshots and crossbows!

Samurai swords and Ninja gear!

Lockpicks and deathtraps!

Fighters can DUAL-WIELD!

Warriors can BLOCK!

Mystic Knights can HEAL!

Sorcerers can attack or cast spells even while they levitate!

Mages can cast magical armor and protection spells.

Assassins can equip 2 weapons and a shield at once! (press 'BACK' button to instantly swap between weapons)

Liquid Vim lasts MUCH longer!

Ballistas are moveable and can be fired in ANY direction!

Real-time indication of which pawns are currently online, plus an up-to-date list of who has rented them recently!

Real-time GRACE alerts!

Randomly-generated enemies and boss encounters in the Everfall!

NO time limit for fighting the Ur Dragon!

NO chance of quest failures!

NO loading!

NO blocked-off doors or inaccessible areas!

NO need to start over again when changing difficulty modes!

Nightmare, Chaos, and Ultimate difficulty modes!

Need I say more?
---
GT1: Otomo Tenzi - Lv200 Ranger, GT2: Otomo Tenzi II - Lv160 Warrior, GT3: Otomo Tenzi III - Lv150 Sorcerer, GT4: Otomo Tenzi IV - Lv50 Strider
#50Mick65Posted 2/23/2014 1:53:49 AM
Snake_Oil posted...
ALOT

Need I say more?

This guy gets it
---
GT: cmStone Pawn: Kurgan http://i.imgur.com/8B37fxK.jpg
GT: cmStoned Pawn: Jenassa http://i.imgur.com/6ruOqyP.jpg