Should i get this game?

#1footballdemon86Posted 2/13/2014 12:44:23 PM
I have a $20 amazon credit and DD:DA is $18. Think its worth it? Im not usually a big fan of JRPGS and japanese made games in general, but this game seemed to have caught my eye. If it helps, i pretty much love all western rpg's (fallout, elder scrolls, mass effect). Any opinions on it?
---
GT: footballdemon86
3DS FC: 5386-7798-0363
#2DrNick2008Posted 2/13/2014 12:48:17 PM
No. You shouldn't buy this game.

In fact coming onto the board, where this game is actively discussed by people who love this game is probably a wonderful idea to get objective and/or negative opinions.

Phew..... good thing you dodged that bullet.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#3HatchetHoundPosted 2/13/2014 12:54:10 PM
Well, it's a kinda western-style RPG made by the Japanese...
---
http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/03/prequel-begin/
http://i.imgur.com/CTF2q4Y.gif
#4KerrinScottPosted 2/13/2014 12:56:05 PM
Absolutely not. This game is terrible.

...except for that part where you play it for hundreds of hours, slay hundreds of awesome looking mythical devil beasts, play super-awesomeo 9000 dress up with your toons for hours, spend days pouring over message boards just to try and figure out WHY so many pawns have Guardian as an inclination, and all that jazz.

...there is also a giant red dragon

...and a giant purple one

...and just when you think you've won -- you realize the game has actually just begun.

I mean, it still sucks. But if you like Minotaurs and flaming greatswords the length of two full-grown men, you might get a couple hours out of it.

Be wary, though, should you decide to stay just realize that you'll probably end up playing for 10 hours, hating all the death and destruction, then you'll play another 10 and realize it's not so bad...until you *accidentally* start a fight with Drake wandering around Devilfire Grove at level 15. Then you'll want to quit again.
---
GT: Aiglos78
Pawn: Arian -- Warrior -- Inclinations: Scather/Challenger
#5DatDarkOnePosted 2/13/2014 1:11:39 PM
Don't do it!! If you do, your other games are forfeit. Your other games will collect dust.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/a-zajame/201_zps420736b5.jpg
GT:DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita
#6DanOverboardPosted 2/13/2014 1:14:18 PM
Don't not get it.

Seriously, $18 is a helluva value for how much game is involved. I've put almost 300 hours into it and that's a mere fraction of what most other people have in.

I would say that it is not as immersive or freedom-filled as the Elder Scrolls series or Fallouts, but the combat is top-notch. There is a slew of larger-than-life enemies and the pawn sharing system really spices up the gameplay allowing you to change your party or even your own vocation (class).
---
GT:DanOnFire Pawn:Marshuul, Sorcerer, Util/Chal/Mit, heartthrob
http://i.imgur.com/xzpnLss.jpg
#7Edward_R_MurrowPosted 2/13/2014 1:30:54 PM
Possibly the most in-depth and interesting action-RPG I've ever played. It will make the combat of every other game in the sub-genre seem lacking in comparison.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#8meralonnePosted 2/13/2014 2:07:56 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
In fact coming onto the board, where this game is actively discussed by people who love this game is probably a wonderful idea to get objective and/or negative opinions.

Normally, this is solid advice... but I direct your attention to the topic on the Fable Anniversary board asking whether the TC should buy this or Fable. Spoiler: 20+ posts unanimously in favor of DD:DA

"Should I get this game?"

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yessssss.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#9coolfire1357Posted 2/13/2014 2:20:34 PM
meralonne posted...
DrNick2008 posted...

Normally, this is solid advice... but I direct your attention to the topic on the Fable Anniversary board asking whether the TC should buy this or Fable. Spoiler: 20+ posts unanimously in favor of DD:DA

"Should I get this game?"

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yessssss.

Really long answer: Eeeeeeyyessssssssssss, your Ma..jes..ty!
---
GT: iamsiamesifuplz
--She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.-- Proverbs
#10AnakeriePosted 2/13/2014 5:30:25 PM
Yes, if you want to find yourself yelling at Skyrim afterward "Alduin! Y U NO LET ME CLIMB U??"
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna