Ranger Stamina

#1RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 2/20/2014 10:10:13 AM
Will 2940 stamina be enough for end game or will my pawn be huffing constantly?
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO, Pawn: Kyrestia- Sorcerer
Dragon's Dogma alts & pawns: JosieBleak- Fighter, PhantasyStarPSO- Bezel Ranger
#2KarathraxPosted 2/20/2014 10:14:46 AM
That is rather low. I generally recommend 3300-3500 as a good range, but if you put two Savior Rings on that pawn, or two high-stamina stat rings, that low stamina problem can be addressed.

That pawn, though, will never spam tenfold flurry no matter how high the rings boost it. It takes a minimum of 3800-4000 BASE stamina to be able to do so.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#3RONIN_Y0JIMBO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 11:06:41 AM
Okay. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Thinking of rebuilding my pawn from a magic base to a physical base. Think I have my build figured that should break some minimums I've been shooting for:

HP 3700
Atk 650
P Def 350
M Def 350

Wasn't sure about stamina. I know I could hit the 3300 mark with a few Ranger levels pretty easily. I'll have to see how close I can get to 4k stamina and what that does to my other numbers.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO, Pawn: Kyrestia- Sorcerer
Dragon's Dogma alts & pawns: JosieBleak- Fighter, PhantasyStarPSO- Bezel Ranger
#4DatDarkOnePosted 2/20/2014 12:06:23 PM
Karathrax posted...
That is rather low. I generally recommend 3300-3500 as a good range, but if you put two Savior Rings on that pawn, or two high-stamina stat rings, that low stamina problem can be addressed.

That pawn, though, will never spam tenfold flurry no matter how high the rings boost it. It takes a minimum of 3800-4000 BASE stamina to be able to do so.

That would explain why Alita never did spam TenFold and used Spiral Arrow instead. All this time I just thought she liked Spiral Arrow more. LOL
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/a-zajame/201_zps420736b5.jpg
GT:DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita
#5KarathraxPosted 2/20/2014 12:29:23 PM
That's the reason why I have never recommended a min/max STR build as a ranger. It makes a fabulous Strider, but seeing a pattern of approximately ten-fifteen different min/max STR Rangers fail to use Tenfold Flurry more than twice or thrice in an offline Ur Dragon round no matter what rings equipped was.. significant.

Celeste, the top-ranked Ranger from the PS3 side was actually the pawn who tipped me off to this; I rented her twice pre-DA release and was astounded at the difference in her behavior; I then did other investigation on both consoles to compare both before and after DA's release.
---
#6KarathraxPosted 2/20/2014 12:42:56 PM
Moreover, if you look at the two balanced pawns in this old build topic, note that the stamina is very, very low on both of them:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626515-dragons-dogma/66155113

I would never, ever run them as a Ranger.
---
#7GAMERKSPosted 2/20/2014 1:16:40 PM
i dissagree, celine has 3600 base stamina (+ saviour ring) and she spams tenfold. i used her in grace the last 4 gens and there was never a problem with stamina and using tenfold. the same with long battles like daimon or the 2 gore cyclops fights.

3100 stamina from min/max build is low but 3500+ stamina and a ring is good enough for a decent ranger.

a friend used his max strength pawn with 2 stamina rings as ranger (before changing to strider) and she performed well.
---
GT RohrGamer Pawn Sheryll #1 BBI Sorcerer/ Mage
GT StatueKrone25 Pawn Nicki # 3 Mage; GT Xx GAMER KS xX, my wife; PSN RohrGamer
#8KarathraxPosted 2/20/2014 1:23:48 PM(edited)
Celine was one of those pawns in my tests.
---
#9GAMERKSPosted 2/20/2014 1:44:44 PM
not sure how you tests, but my wife used once draken to compare both and he never spammed tenfold. she cant remember that you used celine once but its your thing but telling people 3500 stamina is to low is wrong.

interestening that you complains about her and the stamina, she is a amazing ranger and i use her often. no surprise, she is drakens hardest opponent. enough said :(

but yeah draken is the uber ranger.
---
GT RohrGamer Pawn Sheryll #1 BBI Sorcerer/ Mage
GT StatueKrone25 Pawn Nicki # 3 Mage; GT Xx GAMER KS xX, my wife; PSN RohrGamer
#10KarathraxPosted 2/20/2014 2:27:07 PM
I have more than one GT. I am not complaining about Celine, I am impartially stating facts about the characteristics of certain builds.

Celine's a good Ranger, however, it has always been my opinion-- and I said this to you privately-- she'd be a world-class Strider due to her specific build. Draken is not a great Strider due to his specific build; he's so-so, and that's why I don't run him as one after a month or so of experimenting on him behind the scenes, so to speak.
---