How long is this game after Gran Soren?

#1youngval312Posted 3/8/2014 3:54:48 PM(edited)
Please don't spoil anything,

I haven't talked to the Duke yet, but I think I've done just about every side quest I can before that. How far am I into the game, like, percentage-wise? Main story missions only, to make it easier.
---
-Val Young-
#2Shado ManPosted 3/8/2014 4:48:19 PM
Probably 25-33% going strictly by main quests. You've still got quite a lot to do before fighting the Dragon.
---
Currently playing - Dragon's Dogma.
#3youngval312(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 4:58:21 PM
Thanks! Also, if i get Dark Arisen, will my current character carry over?
---
-Val Young-
#4DrNick2008Posted 3/8/2014 5:30:22 PM
youngval312 posted...
Thanks! Also, if i get Dark Arisen, will my current character carry over?

Yes.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#5youngval312(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 5:50:13 PM
Great, thank you.

Now I need to get through the main story so I can do all the side quests and possibly get DA...
---
-Val Young-
#6DrNick2008Posted 3/8/2014 5:59:10 PM
youngval312 posted...
Now I need to get through the main story so I can do all the side quests and possibly get DA...

You know that the NPC related side quests will autofail if not completed by the time you start "The Final Battle," right? The kill X number of Y or collect <fill-in-the-blank> should still be there when you reach post-game.

You should not start DA until at least in a NG+ as a completing the main storyline to NG+ is a key component in understanding the storyline of DA, which is completely independent of the Gransys storyline.

Also, don't rush to get to NG+ either. There is A LOT of content throughout everywhere that you should experience again in post-game.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#7youngval312(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 6:05:46 PM
Wow, that's a lot to think about....

I didn't know anything would autofail.

Is the game different in NG+? I thought that would just be playing through the game again on like a higher difficulty. Does it change a lot of things? Also, how many NG+'s can you do? If you beat the game twice, is that it and you're done or can you continue to explore the world?

And I guess part of the reason I want to rush is so I can see everything and be to the point where I can just play for fun and explore more, but I suppose that's a silly way of looking at it.

I also want to know how the story ends so I don't have to worry about spoilers, but I want to experience it myself, rather than read it somewhere. So I figured I could finish the story and then do sidequests, but I guess not...
---
-Val Young-
#8KarathraxPosted 3/8/2014 6:14:37 PM
The main quest is broken up into sections, called stages. Side quests come and go as you progress through the main quest. You can explore any time, but you may have to run betimes, as you may encounter things that are beyond your present level of experience. On the other hand, encountering those things can help you level up.

I don't think it's a good idea to level beyond 60 before you fight the main quest's significant battle. It's designed to be fought with the equipment you can find in shops and chests as you naturally progress. If you're too overpowered, then the fight loses its immediacy, drama and, yes, terror. It's never the same once you've done it the first time, too-- which is a shame, because it's one of the very best boss battles of this console gen.

You can repeat the game as many times as you want, picking up quests you may have missed the first time through.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#9youngval312(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:01:43 AM
Thank you, I'll try to keep my level in check. That battle sounds really exciting now.
---
-Val Young-