Strider/Rager

#1Wardvem69Posted 4/8/2014 10:17:43 AM
What augments do you guys find most useful?
---
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Gamer Tag: Shaolin Manc 89
#2Wardvem69(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 10:19:45 AM
And what inclination?
---
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Gamer Tag: Shaolin Manc 89
#3DatDarkOnePosted 4/8/2014 10:25:36 AM
I use Utilitarian/Challenger/mitigator for all vocations with my Pawn. Some others use Utilitarian/Scather. It's most effective with full foe knowledge, but can still be good without.

For my Alts, I let them stay with there default inclinations until they get above level 50. That's when they start to stabilize and not change as much.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/a-zajame/201_zps420736b5.jpg
GT:DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita
#4KarathraxPosted 4/8/2014 10:40:13 AM
Strider and Rangers have different purposes, so I like them with different inclinations.

Striders are up close and personal fighters who should climb, so if the pawn has 100% bestiary knowledge or close to it, then utilitarian/Scather/challenger, or u/c/s. A Shortbow does its best damage between 1-10 meters, so hanging back to shoot like a ranger isn't called for. If the pawn doesn't have the bestiary knowledge, then shift utilitarian back to tertiary, but that also means the pawn won't use tools as readily.

Rangers do best damage with a bow from longer range than Striders, so they are intended to be snipers, not in-close fighters. They work really well for sorcerer Arisens, and cruising BBI as a pincushion party with four of them is incredibly deadly. I use utilitarian/challenger/Mitigator on mine since he has 100% bestiary knowledge--again, putting utilitarian in secondary or tertiary is for lesser knowledge.

I load mine with the four augments for power output because he has over 700 base strength and over 640 base magick to use. Sinew and Leg-Strength are typically my choices for the other two as Leg Strength helps him move faster when carrying a lot, and I load him up with stuff all the time. On the rare occasions when he is a Strider, I give him Opportunism instead of Leg Strength.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#5DrNick2008Posted 4/8/2014 10:43:31 AM
For Striders -- I really like to see Scather in the primary spot... Scather/Utilitarian if they have full foe knowledge, Scather/Challenger if they don't.

For Rangers -- I like Utilitarian/Challenger if they have full foe knowledge, Challenger/Mitigator if they don't.

For both Rangers and Striders, augments depend on the build. For high-Str builds:
- Vehemence
- Clout
- Impact

If a high-Mag or mixed build, add these to the ones above.
- Acuity
- Attunement

If a Strider (especially one that climbs a bunch), add:
- Opportunism
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#6TheRicFactorPosted 4/8/2014 11:00:05 AM
My Strider is set up to debilitate first. She is equipped with a Rusted Bow and Golden Bardiches. I use the Challenger/Utilitarian inclination so she tends to use her bow first, typically inflicting Torpor. Because she is set up this way, I tend to use the Morbidity for added damage when debilitated, Clout and Vehemence for added damage, Opportunism for added climbing damage, and Eminence for more damage when using Brain Splitter. Granted, this setup is more specialized, but this is the way I like to run my Strider.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: TheRicFactor
#7coolfire1357Posted 4/8/2014 11:18:57 AM
When Merlyn is a strider I used to set him up Util/Scath/Mit. Since he runs U/C/M most of the time as sorcerer and usually doesn't change off of it (much less than when I try to interject Scather as strider), last time I changed him to strider (currently) I forgot to change his inclinations. I am currently running with two other striders that have Scather and interestingly, Merlyn climbs as much or MORE than they do. I'm finding this a bit odd actually, and thinking that (since he has full knowledge as they do so that's not a factor) the AI overrides the inclinations when Util is first for all the pawns and just plays them to the opponents weaknesses. I've noticed it especially against Ur.

So here are my two discussion points around this topic:
1) does the AI favor opponent needs over inclinations, or the other way around?
2) is it playstyle changes of the arisen that settle a pawn into incilnations and make them change a lot less, or just potioning/vigilance keeping them correct? I think it's more the first. I think my playstyle has evolved to the extent that Merlyn keeps U/C/M easily for 30+ Ur battles.

Let the discussions begin!
---
GT: iamsiamesifuplz
--She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.-- Proverbs
#8DatDarkOnePosted 4/8/2014 12:27:22 PM
Can't say that I'm the strider/ranger master. When it comes to setting up my pawn that is balanced build I use the following. (Thanks DrNick for the format. :D)
For my Strider, augments are
- Vehemence
- Clout
- Impact
Following added for use with enchanted weapons
- Acuity
- Attunement

If a Strider , add one of the following:
- Opportunism (for climbing)
- Eminence (because she loves Brain Splitter)

coolfire1357 posted...
So here are my two discussion points around this topic:
1) does the AI favor opponent needs over inclinations, or the other way around?
2) is it playstyle changes of the arisen that settle a pawn into incilnations and make them change a lot less, or just potioning/vigilance keeping them correct? I think it's more the first. I think my playstyle has evolved to the extent that Merlyn keeps U/C/M easily for 30+ Ur battles.

Here are my answers

1) AI favor opponent needs with inclinations providing the placement in party.
2) consistent playstyle of the arisen along with consistency in pawns that are rented settle a pawn into incilnations and make them change a lot less
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for. http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/a-zajame/201_zps420736b5.jpg
GT:DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita
#9robert43sPosted 4/8/2014 12:47:04 PM(edited)
Here is what I have on my strider pawn (again, these are mostly cast in stone since I rarely bother altering them).
Inclination: Utilitarian/scather/challenger/Mitigator.

Skills: Thousand kisses, Shearing wind, Skull splitter
Fivefold flurry, Downpour volley, Fracture dart

Though shearing wind is most likely pointless, should really replace that. The other skills are definitely used. If my pawn has used shearing wind, I've never noticed.

Augments: Opportunism, Vehemence, Clout, Acuity, Adhesion, Sinew
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
#10Mick65Posted 4/8/2014 12:58:45 PM
Jenassa is set in the Rift with my Main in mind.

Inclinations are U/S/C/P. Skills, Thousand kisses, Brain splitter, Shearing wind, Five fold, Downpour and the two rings for the skills. Augs are Vehemence, Clout, Acuity, Eminence, Adhesion and Opportunism.

Strength heavy with (350+) defences she uses the strength weapons, Acuity is for the 10% bonus I heard about. Incidentally, I've replaced Awareness on Kurgan with Acuity for the same reason.
---
GT: cmStone Pawn: Kurgan http://i.imgur.com/8B37fxK.jpg
GT: cmStoned Pawn: Jenassa http://i.imgur.com/6ruOqyP.jpg