Strider/Rager

#11Iczer 1Posted 4/8/2014 2:42:49 PM
Perfect Strider pawn imo:

full STR build (1-10 Fighter, 11-100 Warrior, 101-200 Ranger)

inclinations:
Scather - Pioneer

augments:
Vehemence - Clout - Eminence - Opportunism
[Adhesion / Impact / Ferocity / Sinew]

dagger skills:
Brain Splitter - Hundred Kisses - nothing or non-attack skill (i like Instant Reset)

bow skills:
Hailstorm Volley - nothing - nothing

rings:
Brain Splitter / Hailstorm Volley upgrade
+100 STR / whatev (i like STA +500 or +90 to possession/petrification)
---
read me a poem
#12Axel_GunshinPosted 4/9/2014 11:32:50 AM
Iczer 1 posted...
Perfect Strider pawn imo:

full STR build (1-10 Fighter, 11-100 Warrior, 101-200 Ranger)

inclinations:
Scather - Pioneer

augments:
Vehemence - Clout - Eminence - Opportunism
[Adhesion / Impact / Ferocity / Sinew]

dagger skills:
Brain Splitter - Hundred Kisses - nothing or non-attack skill (i like Instant Reset)

bow skills:
Hailstorm Volley - nothing - nothing

rings:
Brain Splitter / Hailstorm Volley upgrade
+100 STR / whatev (i like STA +500 or +90 to possession/petrification)

Needs more Cutting/Shearing Wind.
---
Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I - DDDA Pawn: Kisara
Alt Gamertag: DDDA Axel - DDDA Pawn: Junon
#13robert43sPosted 4/9/2014 12:32:45 PM
The pawns do, use shearing wind, never really noticed. Was using the noble quarters method to obtain all the skills for my alt, and shearing wind was used against the guards. Certainly one of those skill you do not want to be on the other end of. Quite interesting to sit back and watch the pawns at work.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
#14Axel_GunshinPosted 4/9/2014 12:35:16 PM
robert43s posted...
The pawns do, use shearing wind, never really noticed. Was using the noble quarters method to obtain all the skills for my alt, and shearing wind was used against the guards. Certainly one of those skill you do not want to be on the other end of. Quite interesting to sit back and watch the pawns at work.

Speaking of, that ring is really bad for any non-Strider pawns. No reason to ever give it to a Ranger unless you wanna never see them shoot.
---
#15DrNick2008Posted 4/9/2014 12:41:11 PM
Iczer 1 posted...
inclinations:
Scather - Pioneer

I've never been a big fan of the Pioneer inclination. I cannot tell you how many times a Pioneer pawn (either primary or secondary) has explored too far ahead and started a battle before I wanted them to. Equally as bad, my experience with them is that they often leave a battle before its completion to explore further ahead.

In this case it's 2 strikes and you're out. As such, I rarely hire Pioneer pawns. :)
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#16robert43sPosted 4/9/2014 12:44:51 PM(edited)
@Axel, That makes sense, I think someone mentioned that the third tier augments can take precedence. Though, on my strider pawn, it works quite well. She seem to effectively use all the skills, including firing her bow. Strider is probably one of the better all round vocations.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
#17Axel_GunshinPosted 4/9/2014 12:44:36 PM
DrNick2008 posted...
Iczer 1 posted...
inclinations:
Scather - Pioneer

I've never been a big fan of the Pioneer inclination. I cannot tell you how many times a Pioneer pawn (either primary or secondary) has explored too far ahead and started a battle before I wanted them to. Equally as bad, my experience with them is that they often leave a battle before its completion to explore further ahead.

In this case it's 2 strikes and you're out. As such, I rarely hire Pioneer pawns. :)

I only see it as a 4th level inclination, since those pretty much never kick in during battle.
---
#18Iczer 1Posted 4/9/2014 3:03:09 PM
I love Pioneer Striders (and Fighters, to a lesser extent), travel w/ them a lot. Pioneers might not be suited for early-game, but shine in BBI where you want your pawns to be active and in certain places/roles. E.g. you probably don't want your Strider to be chillin' close to your Sorcs, which they should protect by drawing attention to themselves, as far away from them as possible.

I can only encourage giving Pioneer a try if your pawn is meant to be a steamroller, doing dirty work for any pawn/arisen fighting at range.
---
read me a poem
#19KarathraxPosted 4/9/2014 3:07:36 PM
coolfire1357 posted...
Let the discussions begin!

Well, there's something to be said for the fact that you spend a lot of hours fighting in a scenario that encourages Challenger. The online (and offline) Ur Dragon is a perfect fit for both ranged and caster enemy categories, as his spells can and will strike anywhere in the Arena. XD
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#20DrNick2008Posted 4/9/2014 3:08:01 PM
Iczer 1 posted...
you probably don't want your Strider to be chillin' close to your Sorcs, which they should protect by drawing attention to themselves, as far away from them as possible

It's not the Pioneer inclination that keeps the pawn far away from the Arisen, or sorcerers or whatever. It's the Scather inclination which puts the pawn on the absolute front lines of battle. If the sorcerer pawn is Utilitarian (which keeps the pawn the furthest away from the front lines), then that is optimal. Pioneer doesn't really add to that.

Personally, I just don't like that Pioneer pawns commit me to battles before I want them to do so, or leave ongoing battles before I want them to do so. Oh so annoying.
---
You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!!
GT: Dr Nick 1971